• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

mike-ukr

mike-ukr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
just installed kalyway 10.5.2 everything seems to work exept for gma950,can't change resolution.any help?

burnz29

burnz29

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
hi i got nb100 too. i mange to install iatkos in my desktop but when i try it in my nb100 its telling me no booting device found then i bring it back to best buy and took another one.. i stiill want to put osx here but i want to know what setting did you do when you click the cus2mize butto0n.. i can help you solving your problem if i have osx install in my nb100 too...
pls post a step by step how to install osx to nb100.. thank you so much.

burnz29

burnz29

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
atlas i already install osx in my nb100 netbook..

needs
kalyway 10.5.2 dvd

steps.

1 insert the dvd boot to dvdrom

2 uncheck the mobo then go to vga check the 950 driver for video card

3 next next next

4 install

5 wait

6 reboot, then whoollllaaa !!! you got osx

thing that need to do

wifi drive
video driver
headphone jack is not working
webcam is not working

i will fix it soon and let you guys know..

Hero_ajax

Hero_ajax

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey guys, I have the NB100 too, nice little machine isn't it,
will try to dual boot as soon as i get my hands on a Kalyway 10.5.2 disk and an external dvd drive,
which will be soon hopefully,
what do you mean by uncheck mobo?
and how does it run?

atlas i already install osx in my nb100 netbook..

needs
kalyway 10.5.2 dvd

steps.

1 insert the dvd boot to dvdrom

2 uncheck the mobo then go to vga check the 950 driver for video card

3 next next next

4 install

5 wait

6 reboot, then whoollllaaa !!! you got osx

thing that need to do

wifi drive
video driver
headphone jack is not working
webcam is not working

i will fix it soon and let you guys know..

burnz29

burnz29

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hey guys, I have the NB100 too, nice little machine isn't it,
will try to dual boot as soon as i get my hands on a Kalyway 10.5.2 disk and an external dvd drive,
which will be soon hopefully,
what do you mean by uncheck mobo?
and how does it run?

install the 10.5.2

after you format the hdd then click disk util and exit

click the distination drive

then ull see the custumize button on the lower left

ull gonna see all the drivers and software

go to vga check the 950 video

and ull find the mobo chipset too

just unchect the mobo and your gonna be ok...

the wifi still no hope men..

i tried the usb wifi dlink dwl g132 and no hope for the driver..

i hope you can help me to.. thanks

Stuartm

Stuartm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I have an NB100 too, which is happily running 10.5.7 (from an iDeneb install)

My only mod was to change the wireless card to one from ebay (a dell compatible card recognised as airport express)

However, I can't get sleep to work, or more specifically I can't get Wake to work ;-(
I've installed the clamshell and sleep enabler kexts, and changed the SATA mode in Bios to AHCI, which got sleep working, but I can't get it to wake.

Has anyone managed this?

Stuart

Magno Santos

Magno Santos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi Stuart,

Could you just tell me wich dell card you bought and how did you replace with the old one?

Thanks a lot,

Hi,

My only mod was to change the wireless card to one from ebay (a dell compatible card recognised as airport express)

However, I can't get sleep to work, or more specifically I can't get Wake to work ;-(
I've installed the clamshell and sleep enabler kexts, and changed the SATA mode in Bios to AHCI, which got sleep working, but I can't get it to wake.

Has anyone managed this?

Stuart

Magno Santos

Magno Santos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi Again Stuart,

If possible could you tell me wich package selection (from customize) you made on ideneb? I'm currently trying to install the iDeneb wich release 10.5.8 but it's always something missing.

Thanks a lot in advance

Hi,

Has anyone managed this?

Stuart

sveltic

sveltic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Hi Again Stuart,

If possible could you tell me wich package selection (from customize) you made on ideneb? I'm currently trying to install the iDeneb wich release 10.5.8 but it's always something missing.

Thanks a lot in advance

Yeah!
I'd like to know too, i installed MSIWindOSX86 (leopard 10.5.4) that install fine but cannot get updates, always system after update go to kernel panic, booting verbose too impossible to determine wich is the problem.
How did you installed IDENED 10.5.8? I have lite version too but i cannot boot system after installed...

Help please!!

Magno Santos

Magno Santos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi Sveltic,

I already have all working, only missing sleep recover.

Install iPC 10.5.6 using this thread as a guide, and then update to 10.5.8 with ideneb kit and netkas guide.
After the update you need to install the voodoo kernel (before reboot) with ideneb tools, and all should work but graphics, just delete and install back the ktexts.

For the wireless i replaced the minipci card with one that i bought on ebay. A Dell DW 1390 with the chip BCRM4311, wich work nativaly.

Hope this helps.

Yeah!
I'd like to know too, i installed MSIWindOSX86 (leopard 10.5.4) that install fine but cannot get updates, always system after update go to kernel panic, booting verbose too impossible to determine wich is the problem.
How did you installed IDENED 10.5.8? I have lite version too but i cannot boot system after installed...

Help please!!

Stuartm

Stuartm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi everyone,

Sorry I missed your posts - for some reason I didn't get notifications.
Graphics work great, with full hardware acceleration and QE etc.
Download the essentials package from this site: (For the NB 205)

http://web.me.com/wi...hiba_NB205.html

Install the kexts using kexthelper or such... BUT DON'T install natit.kext
The kexts are patched ready for our device id's and so they don't need an injector (like natit.kext)

Just reboot, and you should be sorted ;-)

Stuart

Magno:

To change the wireless card you simply remove some little screws from under the battery to pop the top cover off, remove the keyboard, and the card is sitting there.....

Stuart

kiewic

kiewic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I just installed Kalyway 10.5.2 in my Toshiba NB100, and I achieved the 1024x600 resolution with the next kext file:

http://www.stan.mx/u...buffer.kext.zip

Stuartm

Stuartm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Any luck getting Sleep to work

Mine is now running Snow Leopard 10.6.2 with the patched 'tea' kernel

Everything working nicely, including 1024x600 resolution.

I used a retail install disc + myhack installer + the shell script to patch the graphics kexts

Pretty easy! ;-)

Stuart

Just CAN'T get sleep to work - but I think I need to create a custome dsdt.aml

Hi, I just installed Kalyway 10.5.2 in my Toshiba NB100, and I achieved the 1024x600 resolution with the next kext file:

http://www.stan.mx/u...buffer.kext.zip

Milind V

Milind V

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Any luck getting Sleep to work

Mine is now running Snow Leopard 10.6.2 with the patched 'tea' kernel

Everything working nicely, including 1024x600 resolution.

I used a retail install disc + myhack installer + the shell script to patch the graphics kexts

Pretty easy! ;-)

Stuart

Just CAN'T get sleep to work - but I think I need to create a custome dsdt.aml

Hi I also Have Toshiba NB100, Running Snow Leopard 10.6.2 with patched 'mach' kernel
Everything works fine. Except for sleep,wifi (Everybody has that issues) But My ethernet is also not working; I have not Installed any Kext for it? have you? Is ur ethernet working??

rockman

rockman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi from Russia.
I have install kaliway 10.5.2 dvd on my toshiba nb 100.
WORK ALL (but a do ot test ext mic & earphones) And after ntbook coming sleep mode - it can't wake up. It is not so bad for me.
So...
What i to do.
After install i use kext:
AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext - now screen resolution 1024x600 - it's) good
then i install voodooHDA.kext - now working int mic. (web cam work's after install mac os).
Also from here http://www.insanelym...showtopic=61260 i used wifi kext. And then i install KISMac trunk 319. Now wi-fi working, not stability, but it is working!!! :unsure::):(
It is all...
Attached File  VoodooHDA.kext.zip   84.8KB   102 downloads
Attached File  AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.zip   30.78KB   92 downloads

Bobert01

Bobert01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Hi from Russia.
I have install kaliway 10.5.2 dvd on my toshiba nb 100.
WORK ALL (but a do ot test ext mic & earphones) And after ntbook coming sleep mode - it can't wake up. It is not so bad for me.
So...
What i to do.
After install i use kext:
AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext - now screen resolution 1024x600 - it's) good
then i install voodooHDA.kext - now working int mic. (web cam work's after install mac os).
Also from here http://www.insanelym...showtopic=61260 i used wifi kext. And then i install KISMac trunk 319. Now wi-fi working, not stability, but it is working!!! :P :) :)
It is all...
Attached File  VoodooHDA.kext.zip   84.8KB   102 downloads
Attached File  AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext.zip   30.78KB   92 downloads

i will try out some of these kext's file on snow leopard and say what i used kext wize and say how i did what if it works if i dont get back to you , you know it didnt work lol .... but im also on the toshiba nb100 12a version that came with 1GB ram and xp on it.

you say you got your wifi to work but not stable can you explaine alittle bit to me ?

what im using to get booting up is :

external screen plugged onto the Toshiba nb100

External USB CD/DVD-Rom Drive

and i will test out all the kext and the kismac trunk 319 or whatever it was called remember im on Snow Leopard 1.0.6.2 by Hazard not ideneb not kalyway etc but Hazards DVD of SL 10.6.2

right i have installed Snow Leopard using an external Screen and USB CDDVD-rom drive

it boots up and works fine as it is but i want the screen to work and internal mic and external head phones etc so i need to post back what works and what doesnt later on !.

for the screen i've applyed the screen kext or "AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext" and im rebooting, i installed it using kext helper b7 it hung so i did force quit and i rebooted leaving the external screen plugged in just incase it did some kinda panic on me so i could still see it in the bigger screen .

screen kext works on snow leopard 10.6.2 on the toshiba nb100 just thought id let you know ..

everything seems to work but the wifi and mic .. help would be great* ive followed the "simple broad com drivers thing no luck. AR5BXB63 broadcom drivers for an atheros card please somone help..

i may have to buy a different card if there no help... thank you all the same ... ebay perhaps ... cheers guys so yes you can get in stalled on toshiba nb 100 with snow leopard by hazard and yes you can use your own screen too but in setup you get a white screen and you hear all the music from setup etc its just it cant fit to your small screen yet because you dont ave the intergrated frame buffer kext so you will need an external screen to fix that or get arround it.

Zentom

Zentom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
hello , any news about a working wifi driver for this laptop???thanks :)

the wifi still no hope men..

i tried the usb wifi dlink dwl g132 and no hope for the driver..

i hope you can help me to.. thanks

Hero_ajax

Hero_ajax

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Which kext did you use to get sound running?
I have installed 10.6.3 Using NBI, Retail DVD and combo update,
However I have no audio or bluetooth or wifi of course

Zentom

Zentom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Which kext did you use to get sound running?
I have installed 10.6.3 Using NBI, Retail DVD and combo update,
However I have no audio or bluetooth or wifi of course

actually ideneb 1.6 distro , i got the wifi working but its always keep crashing and slowing down so i deleted it

Hero_ajax

Hero_ajax

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Now have everything functioning except sleep.
Bluetooth started working once i installed a new Broadcom Wifi Card.. weird?
Any idea how to get slepp/wake fully functional?

actually ideneb 1.6 distro , i got the wifi working but its always keep crashing and slowing down so i deleted it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy