Keyboard Only Works in 10.5.6 in Safe Mode [SOLVED]

Wayfarer247

4 posts in this topic

Alright, here is the situation. I only have Leo4all v.3, so I install that. That brings me up to 10.5.2. I then use this guide which brings me all the way to 10.5.6. It works smoothly, I have no issues. Up until 10.5.6 that is. Once I installed that, I no longer have my keyboard and mouse working. They didn't work at all; nothing. Then, I tossed in these two kexts:

AppleACPIPS2NUB.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

into the extensions folder, and bang, I had my keyboard and trackpad back (USB Mice still work, which is what I am using). However, after I rebooted my Hackintosh, I no longer had keyboard or trackpad.... I can only get them booting into safemode each time which is not very desirable. So, does anyone have a fix for this issue? Can anyone please help me out here?

This is where I got my Kexts: HERE

This is my Laptop's specs: HERE

Alright, here is the situation. I only have Leo4all v.3, so I install that. That brings me up to 10.5.2. I then use this guide which brings me all the way to 10.5.6. It works smoothly, I have no issues. Up until 10.5.6 that is. Once I installed that, I no longer have my keyboard and mouse working. They didn't work at all; nothing. Then, I tossed in these two kexts:

AppleACPIPS2NUB.kext

ApplePS2Controller.kext

into the extensions folder, and bang, I had my keyboard and trackpad back (USB Mice still work, which is what I am using). However, after I rebooted my Hackintosh, I no longer had keyboard or trackpad.... I can only get them booting into safemode each time which is not very desirable. So, does anyone have a fix for this issue? Can anyone please help me out here?

This is where I got my Kexts: HERE

This is my Laptop's specs: HERE

I believe you will have go to the normal boot up (no safe mode) and then you do this to get you an on-screen-keyboard, which will give you the possibility to type the password that is needed to install the kexts:

Go to System preferences>International>Input Menu and activate keyboard viewer. A 'flag'-like button will appear in your menubar. Click on it and choose keyboardviewer. By pushing the buttons with your mouse you can give the password needed...

And, btw, if you still have the 600x800 resolution after installing the kext, then install gma950.pkg again. After reboot it should definitely work...

Thank you! You were right in that one of the Kexts had not initialized properly. Getting it to work was obnoxious because the Onscreen keyboard sucked and wouldn't shift properly. I had to go back into safe mode, delete the current Kexts, change my password to something simple, reboot normally, and then use the new password to get everything working again.

Thank you!

Thank you! You were right in that one of the Kexts had not initialized properly. Getting it to work was obnoxious because the Onscreen keyboard sucked and wouldn't shift properly. I had to go back into safe mode, delete the current Kexts, change my password to something simple, reboot normally, and then use the new password to get everything working again.

Thank you!

Well the keyboard is indeed 'the large size' keyboard and not the laptop-kind. Fortunately I had a simple password so I did not have the same problem as you...

Anyway fine to read that you've got it working again. Enjoy your Macbook Nano....