Which would you like..?

locoputo

82 posts in this topic

I'm nearly done with the assassin's creed cider. Now I'm thinking of giving another windows game a go. Any suggestions? (nothing extreme like crysis please big_smile.png )

Also,

Silent Hill : Homecoming doesn't go past the konami intro. So thats off the list

Regards

Edit:

Done:

Assassin's Creed

Not working with cider:

Devil may cry 4

Fallout 3

Silent Hill : Homecoming

S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Clear Sky - same errors as fallout3: "fixme:sdldrv:SDLDRV_DC_PatBlt Something is wrong - where is the surface I am supposed to draw to?"

Anno 1701

On hold:

Gears of War - need a no cd patch working with wine, only ones ive found make it crash.

Currently working on:

brothers in arms road to hill 30

Next in the queue:

1- Red Orchestra

I haven't finished with assassin's creed yet. The game runs, but there are still several problems I'm working on. I have another thread here about assassin's creed.

And cider is a way of running windows executables. (basically)

EDIT: Devil may cry 4 has a requirement that may lead to the same problems I'm having with assassin's creed's cider, but I'm downloading it anyhow, to give it a go..

Fallout 3 would be great, it's using the Oblivion engine so I guess it should be doable with 2060?

Yeah, I would quite like that game, as far as I know someone else here tried it (and failed) but after devil may cry 4 I could give that a go I guess. Both games look like great games :thumbsup_anim:

I actually have a question. Do you think that Gears of War would be do-able through cider? Only real thing that I could see messing it up, is windows live maybe, unless you disabled it.

Thats a very good question. Well, I've just download devil may cry 4 and im working on the configuration now, about to test it. Once I'm done with devil may cry (depending on how long it'll take me to get it running properly) I will try fallout 3.

I know from friends gears of war is a great game, and I'll add that to the 'to-cider' queue :D

Fallout 3 is a little newer than gears of war, and I think it's specs might be higher, but I'll give it a go..

ps. just downloaded a assassin's creed game save, and on minimum quality (no shadow etc) it doesn't run too badly. Plus, the flickering RGB problem dissappeared! I still have a few plans with what I'm still going to try though, maybe I can kill the lag a little more!

No, I found a different direct x dll from the transgaming people. Will try them tomorrow, a little busy now.

It is a bit choppy sometimes (when there are a lot of people in the crowd) but the crowd volume can be reduced. And I havent played the game before, so Im still confused about the controls, though ive gone around punching people :D

Id say: playable :D

Ill post links to the upload on C4M once i think its closer to ready enough :D

Fallout 3 is a little newer than gears of war, and I think it's specs might be higher, but I'll give it a go..

ps. just downloaded a assassin's creed game save, and on minimum quality (no shadow etc) it doesn't run too badly. Plus, the flickering RGB problem dissappeared! I still have a few plans with what I'm still going to try though, maybe I can kill the lag a little more!

True, but since the new live update, both use the same build, and both have a render path for both dx9 and dx10, so maybe if Fallout3 works, GOW could.(I believe Fallout3 has dx10 features, I could be wrong.)

Windows live games won't work, basically Cider doesn't support it since you can't install anything IN cider...

How about installing it in vmware or bootcamp and anything it needs, then bringing EVERYTHING related to the game's needs over into the cider? :) Or will that still not work?

Regards

Progress update:

Not much, but I've downloaded Devil May Cry 4 and in cider managed to get it running to the point where it asks:

KPC Devil May Cry 4

No disc inserted.

Please insert the original "KPC Devil May Cry 4" CD/DVD.

Please have a look at http://www.securom.com/message.asp?m=nodisc for further, more detailed information.

I've tried several nocd patches, but they won't work, they all crash the wine system (had this problem at first with assassin's creed). If anyone has any toast images I could use to fake a cd in the drive, or maybe any working nocd patched files, would be great!