MAC OS X LEOPARD RETAIL ON ASUS P5Q / P5Q PRO / P5Q-EM AND OTHERS

RoberT_XeS

Installed Mac OS X Retail Successfully  

736 members have voted

1. 1. Were you able to install Mac OS X Retail Successfully

• Yes
    • No

868 posts in this topic

Hi, your method also work with Dell Latitude D630, I can install 10.5.4 retail and update to 10.5.6. But D630's Broadcom 5755 $ intel 3945 wireless not work, still searching a solution.

I made it through the install of retail on my machine and make it through the intro video but my machine freezes after a few minutes. I can't figure out what is making it happen. I'm new to OSX so im not sure how or where i can check a log or something to tell me what is going on. My box is stable in ubuntu and vista.

The only weird thing i've noticed is that my proc says its running at 3.8Ghz but it seems like other people have that same issue with no problems.

Any idea's?

Thanks

It's work perfect in my p5q and q6600.

Also creative SB live platinum 5.1 work and AC97

Only problem with dvd driver. I can't see it.

I install driver via kh b7 but nothing :angel:, any suggestions?

Any fix for cange resolution with my 4850pro?

Any solution for integrate lan?

Bye Fabio

Thanks

It's work perfect in my p5q and q6600.

Also creative SB live platinum 5.1 work and AC97

Only problem with dvd driver. I can't see it.

I install driver via kh b7 but nothing :) , any suggestions?

Any fix for cange resolution with my 4850pro?

Any solution for integrate lan?

Bye Fabio

Here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=833753

Hmm just read the comment about GUID.

What kind of difference will this make? I'm also only on OSX, not dual-booting.

If I do this trick with GUID, will I be able to boot with the Boot-132 files from the USB flashdrive? Any other advantages/disadvantages?

Thanks, awesome work.

Hi Robert,

I'm having a problem with my flash drive it won't recognize i have to restart my computer before it can detected

Any solution about this?

One more thing it does not recognize my processor it just say 2.4GHz unknown something like that i'm using Q6600

Thanks in advance!

Here

USBMountFix.zip

and for dvd drive?

I install driver but It not work :(

Remove the existing Appleviaata.kext from the System/Library folder and then install the driver

Hmm just read the comment about GUID.

What kind of difference will this make? I'm also only on OSX, not dual-booting.

If I do this trick with GUID, will I be able to boot with the Boot-132 files from the USB flashdrive? Any other advantages/disadvantages?

Thanks, awesome work.

Yes you will be able to boot from the Boot 132 USB Drive.....

Advantages.

No need to follow steps 6 and 7 i.e no need to install IDeneb First.... Directly install OS X Retail...

Hi Robert! first of all I would like you to congratulate on your success on installing OS X on P5Q. This encouraged me to try OS X again since we almost have the same specs.

I will list all the things I have done and see what I've missed if it would help you to diagnose my problem.

I installed the WinXP first, I partitioned my harddrive to 3 since I am planning to install the Win7 in the future. I partitioned it using the WinXP setup CD.

I changed the settings of the WinXP to AHCI which also works well.

Now, I'm trying to install the Mac OS X Leopard retail, but I can't continue coz it wants me to partition the harddrive to GUID, which I cannot since it would erase the WinXP on the other partition. Is there a way to install Leo retail without going to GUID?

I would appreciate any help you could offer.

Thanks in Advance!

A little update. I'm not sure if my understanding is correct, are you saying that I need to install iAtkos or iDeneb for me to be able to install the Retail Leo in MBR partition? If that is yes, i tried Kalyway 10.5.2 but it's not working. I don't have a copy of iAtkos or iDeneb. Is there any other way to be able to use the Retail Leo without using iAtkos or iDeneb?

Hi Robert! first of all I would like you to congratulate on your success on installing OS X on P5Q. This encouraged me to try OS X again since we almost have the same specs.

I will list all the things I have done and see what I've missed if it would help you to diagnose my problem.

I installed the WinXP first, I partitioned my harddrive to 3 since I am planning to install the Win7 in the future. I partitioned it using the WinXP setup CD.

I changed the settings of the WinXP to AHCI which also works well.

Now, I'm trying to install the Mac OS X Leopard retail, but I can't continue coz it wants me to partition the harddrive to GUID, which I cannot since it would erase the WinXP on the other partition. Is there a way to install Leo retail without going to GUID?

I would appreciate any help you could offer.

Thanks in Advance!

A little update. I'm not sure if my understanding is correct, are you saying that I need to install iAtkos or iDeneb for me to be able to install the Retail Leo in MBR partition? If that is yes, i tried Kalyway 10.5.2 but it's not working. I don't have a copy of iAtkos or iDeneb. Is there any other way to be able to use the Retail Leo without using iAtkos or iDeneb?

Read Step 7 Carefully...

1. The only reason why iDeneb / iATKOS or any other distros is to restore the Mac OS X Retail image to the other partition.

2. In the MAC OS X Retail DVD there is a file named 'OSInstall.mpkg' which needs to be replaced by the patched 'OSInstall.mpkg' if you want to install it on a MBR Partitioned Disk (This OSInstall.mpkg is patched to work with MBR Disk). Otherwise it will ask you to partition the disk with GUID.

Hi, your method also work with Dell Latitude D630, I can install 10.5.4 retail and update to 10.5.6. But D630's Broadcom 5755 $ intel 3945 wireless not work, still searching a solution.

Here is the wireless driver for you

Intel_Wireless_Driver_3945_Robert.zip

Broadcom

AppleBCM57XXEthernet.kext.zip

For more Help Click Here

Here

USBMountFix.zip

Thank YOU very much for your help!

I'm DONE!

But still my PROCESSOR does not recognize, any solution about this?

100% WORKING!

Here is my specs:

Mobo: P5Q

Processor: Q6600

VGA: ATI RADEON HD 2600 PRO

Ram: 2 x 1GB OCZ DUAL CHANNEL

HD: Seagate SATA II

Rom: 2x ASUS DVD Burner

Modem: Diamond Supra Express External

question---

1- Do all internal SATA connections work?

2- Have you or anyone tested 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound using an optical cable to an audio receiver to validate that you can indeed get surround sound this way?

3- I've got a Mac Pro with a flashed Radeon 1900XT running,,, will this card work in this hackintosh w/o modifications to any files?

4- Does this motherboard look like it'll work? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813131335

I don't mind paying extra for something that'll work, so if necessary, I don't mind if I'm pointed in that direction! :P

I'm building a home theatre setup and so audio and video are extremely important to me and I want a solution that's as 'vanilla' as possible.

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

question---

1- Do all internal SATA connections work?

2- Have you or anyone tested 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound using an optical cable to an audio receiver to validate that you can indeed get surround sound this way?

3- I've got a Mac Pro with a flashed Radeon 1900XT running,,, will this card work in this hackintosh w/o modifications to any files?

4- Does this motherboard look like it'll work? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813131335

I don't mind paying extra for something that'll work, so if necessary, I don't mind if I'm pointed in that direction! ;)

I'm building a home theatre setup and so audio and video are extremely important to me and I want a solution that's as 'vanilla' as possible.

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its similar to my motherboard.............

Except LAN....everthing else works..............

On board Sound...the following works....

post-271572-1232209265_thumb.png

post-271572-1232209275_thumb.png

Video should work with............

ATYinjectX1900.zip

Hi,

Since the sound shows up, does that mean it'll work 100%? :) (ie, have you tested it)

I hate to ask, but have to confirm! :)

also-- which model do you have exactly?

thanks! I'm so excited!

My System Model is ASUS P5Q

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813131295

The options that you see in the screen shot are the option available if that is enough for Home Theater then it is ok. I don't have Home Theater so I don't know much about it......

Hi Robert, those options should be enough, I was just hoping for actual confirmation.

Regardless, even if it doesn't work, I can still use it for a leopard client server, so I will go ahead and start piecing together a machine using your exact mobo :)

Did you buy everything from newegg?

thanks again for your time, I really appreciate it!

RoberT_XeS:

Thanks for the guide. I can't wait to get this up and running. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I have a few questions:

1. Why is it necessary to install iDeb and then restore the retail image if we turn around and do a real install over the same drive/partition?

2. Could I use my Kalyan install instead of iDeb?

3. How would the partitioning scheme need to change to allow running Vista on the same machine and disk as well.

Thanks.

Its similar to my motherboard.............

Except LAN....everthing else works..............

On board Sound...the following works....

post-271572-1232209265_thumb.png

post-271572-1232209275_thumb.png

Video should work with............

ATYinjectX1900.zip

What kexts are you using? I use the kexts from your guide(applehda&alcinject) and i dont have all of these options.

One more thing I have problems with is to get sleep working 100%. Sometimes it works but sometimes just the screen goes black, the fans keep spinning and I have to shut down my computer. Do you have similiar problems or a solution for this?

I am using 10.5.6 retail with chameleon efi (P5Q).

Thanks for your help

Hi Robert, those options should be enough, I was just hoping for actual confirmation.

Regardless, even if it doesn't work, I can still use it for a leopard client server, so I will go ahead and start piecing together a machine using your exact mobo :lol:

Did you buy everything from newegg?

thanks again for your time, I really appreciate it!

I am in India, so I had to buy from a dealer over here, It cost me around $180. All the parts are expensive over here.

RoberT_XeS:

Thanks for the guide. I can't wait to get this up and running. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I have a few questions:

1. Why is it necessary to install iDeb and then restore the retail image if we turn around and do a real install over the same drive/partition?

3. How would the partitioning scheme need to change to allow running Vista on the same machine and disk as well.

Thanks.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=1044843

Ans: Yes

3. 3. How would the partitioning scheme need to change to allow running Vista on the same machine and disk as well.

Ans: MBR.........

What kexts are you using? I use the kexts from your guide(applehda&alcinject) and i dont have all of these options.

One more thing I have problems with is to get sleep working 100%. Sometimes it works but sometimes just the screen goes black, the fans keep spinning and I have to shut down my computer. Do you have similiar problems or a solution for this?

I am using 10.5.6 retail with chameleon efi (P5Q).

Thanks for your help

I have also installed a Sound Card (Creative SoundBlaster CT4810). Which gives me the option for AC97...........I have mentioned this on my First Thread.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=137296

You can try OPenhaltrestart.kext to resolve the issue

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=40224

I was able to install iDeneb 1.3 successfully, however I am running into problems when I try to boot into it. I suspect something is wrong with the options I'm selecting under "Customize" (during installation) or possibly my BIOS settings but I'm not sure. This is where the boot freezes:

InterfaceNamer: no network interfaces, could not update platform UUID

Could not establish network configuration: Success!

I've tried booting with the LAN enabled in the BIOS, and I've tried reinstalling with different fixes and drivers, also booting with -f -v. Interestingly enough, booting with -x brought me to the Welcome screen, but I couldn't get past the second or third dialog box. Pressing next took me right back to the Welcome screen.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

My Specifications:

Asus P5Q (Intel P45 Chipset) motherboard

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Yorkfield 2.5GhZ

EVGA GeForce 9800GT 512MB

8GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 SDRAM

3 WD Caviar SATA drives

Currently running Vista (64-bit)

I was able to install iDeneb 1.3 successfully, however I am running into problems when I try to boot into it. I suspect something is wrong with the options I'm selecting under "Customize" (during installation) or possibly my BIOS settings but I'm not sure. This is where the boot freezes:

InterfaceNamer: no network interfaces, could not update platform UUID

Could not establish network configuration: Success!

I've tried booting with the LAN enabled in the BIOS, and I've tried reinstalling with different fixes and drivers, also booting with -f -v. Interestingly enough, booting with -x brought me to the Welcome screen, but I couldn't get past the second or third dialog box. Pressing next took me right back to the Welcome screen.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

My Specifications:

Asus P5Q (Intel P45 Chipset) motherboard

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 Yorkfield 2.5GhZ

EVGA GeForce 9800GT 512MB

8GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 SDRAM

3 WD Caviar SATA drives

Currently running Vista (64-bit)

Enable Firewire in your Bios this should resolve the issue or you......................

Hello

I've got it working on my asus p5q pro. I'm using the original osx now.

Currently it is booting up from the usb device. But I want it to boot from the 1gb fat 32 partition that I had created during the start of the installation.

Can you tell me how I would go about doing this or point me in the right direction.

Thanks