Canyon CN-WF511 PCI WiFi card

Stjepan

6 posts in this topic

Hi

I bought a wifi pci card, a Canyon CN-WF511, which has Ralink RT2560 chipset. After installing drivers from Ralink website, my hackintosh connects to a wireless network - but not the one it should. It appears in System Preferences/Network as Ethernet Controller, and it automatically connects to my neighbors unprotected network (which is the only one in area that doesn't have some protection). In Ralink utility, however, it shows that no device is connected, and I can't connect it to my home network (the protected one).

Did anyone manage to get this card working with osx86?

Thanks,

Stjepan

Hey mate,

I have similar problem like yours with the same WiFi card. I can't install the driver at all. Can you tell me wich MAC OS distribution you are using? On the canyon site for CN-WF511, I've found only drivers for Panther and Tiger. I tried them on the leopard distribution but without any success. The WiFi card still cannot be found.

Ok, can you give me a link to the driver page that you've downloaded the driver from and tell me whether there are any specific steps to installing the driver or not. What I do is mounting the downloaded file and installing the application (including the driver ). After the restart the applications is installed but the device is still not functioning. MAC OS X says that there is not air... card installed (or found) and the Ralink application says that the device is not insreted.

• 4 months later...
Ok, can you give me a link to the driver page that you've downloaded the driver from and tell me whether there are any specific steps to installing the driver or not. What I do is mounting the downloaded file and installing the application (including the driver ). After the restart the applications is installed but the device is still not functioning. MAC OS X says that there is not air... card installed (or found) and the Ralink application says that the device is not insreted.

can you give me also the link to the driver the lepoard os x driver can you email me to patrick@interstation.co.za

• 1 month later...