Still getting 1024*768 with 8400GS

ZiGOMATiK

11 posts in this topic

Hello all :(

I installed successfully iDeneb 1.3 but i can't change my resolution in System Preferences > Displays > 1024*768 (I have just that resolution ^_^ )

I think my graphic card is successfully recognize in "More infos..." of my Hackintosh :

Graphics by NVIDIA:

Chipset Model: Graphics by NVIDIA

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

Slot: PCI Slot 0

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0422

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.2.1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

I have a Geforce 8400GS !

Thank you for your help

Hello all :(

I installed successfully iDeneb 1.3 but i can't change my resolution in System Preferences > Displays > 1024*768 (I have just that resolution ^_^ )

I think my graphic card is successfully recognize in "More infos..." of my Hackintosh :

I have a Geforce 8400GS !

Thank you for your help

You don't Have QE/CI supported.

You must look if the device id of your videocard (0x042210de) is present in info.plist of GeForce.kext, NVDaresman.kext and NVDVAN50Hal.kext in /System/Library/Extensions.

QE/CI activated is mandatory in OSX to work.

If you don't have your device id in these 3 kexts, you must add it; (if you are not able, send me the 3 kexts and I modified for You).

Giorgio

Thank you for your help :rolleyes:

I let you the archive with the 3 kext http://unlimited-studio.com/Archive.zip

Thank you very much :(

The device id of your video card is present in the 3 kexts that you have sended and you not need to modify them.

The problem is another.

Try this:

NVdarwin.kext.zip

Backup and move to trash NVinject.kext (in /System/Library/Extensions) and install NVdarwin.kext with kexthelper and reboot with -v -f flags.

Good luck. Giorgio

When i try to paste my 3 kext in /System/Library/Extensions

I get this message :

3b230304fed4a91f05286ec813bdfd43.png

I try your manipulation thanks !

You can paste your 3 kexts with kexthelper!

Repair permissions with disk utility!

When you send kexts, don't move them from /System/Library/Extensions, make a copy!

Giorgio

Quartz Extreme saty in "Not Supported" :)

But some infos changed in "System Profiler" :

GeForce 8400 GS:

Chipset Model: GeForce 8400 GS

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

Slot: PCI Slot 0

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 32 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0422

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Display Connector:

Remove the injectotrs and use efi strings instead it should work for you, it does for me i have all resolutions and QE/CI. Use PCWIZ UI installer

http://######.com/index.php?option=...9&Itemid=48

and all the options you require and choose the right graphics card you have. You may have to uninstall the injectors im not sure someone else may have to confirm.

When i try with PCWIZ UI installer or NVKush (which detect my card in the boot with -v flag), Quartz Extreme stay in "Not Supported".

With NVinject, the boot freezes, i must delete the drivers from NVinject :)

My computer is very strange :D

Thanks for your help

you can use an injector (nvkush, nvinject) or an efi string, not both. Always rebuild the kext cache after a change. I'm sure your pc isn't different from others, maybe you have a little messed it up.

Make a try at once, first of all restore original apple nvidia drivers if you have changed it(latest macbook pro are ok for 10.5.5), then build an efi string, be sure to not have any injector in your S/L/E, rebuild cache and reboot. look for QE/CI, if they aren't enabled remove the efi string, reboot and install nvkush.

If no luck at all,as last resort you can try to download the old Apple graphics update (it was for 10.5.2) it had a lot of problems with mine on 3d games but the qe/ci was running fine (efi string only).

After the upgrade to 10.5.5 nothing works anymore for me, i had to wait until someone released the MacBookPro drivers to have the qe/ci back (nvkush only)

On my system nvinject has worked only up to 10.5.3 update, with later versions was crashing all times.

Now i'm running 10.5.6,with original drivers and nvkush only. i have qe/ci and of course can change all resolutions.

good luck and best wishes.