Radeon X1600 CI but no QE

jagger27

7 posts in this topic

I have an ATI Radeon X1600 256MB (PCIe) that's working full res at 1680x1050 with the X1600 driver that came with the iPC 10.5.6 DVD.

Radeon X1600 Series:
Chipset Model:	Radeon X1600 Series
Type:	Display
Bus:	PCIe
PCIe Lane Width:	x16
VRAM (Total):	256 MB
Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
Device ID:	0x71c0
Revision ID:	0x0000
Displays:
DELL E228WFP:
Resolution:	1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz
Depth:	32-bit Color
Core Image:	Software
Main Display:	Yes
Mirror:	Off
Online:	Yes
Quartz Extreme:	Not Supported
Display Connector:

I'm pretty new to this, I gave up a while ago. I regained interest a few days ago.

Ok, I checked out the tutorial on how to edit the driver. (this one)

I assumed that all of the steps except the HEX edit step had already been done at install, so I downloaded 0xED. It told me to search for my video card ID, I found them, but what would I edit them to? I also searched some other device IDs but they weren't exactly paired.

Any input?

• 6 months later...
Ok, I checked out the tutorial on how to edit the driver. (this one)

I assumed that all of the steps except the HEX edit step had already been done at install, so I downloaded 0xED. It told me to search for my video card ID, I found them, but what would I edit them to? I also searched some other device IDs but they weren't exactly paired.

Any input?

Did you ever get an answer? I am having the same problem

Did you ever get an answer? I am having the same problem

I have x1600xt and had no QE/CI working on iPC 10.5.6 until I applied iDENEB combo upgrade kit to 10.5.7, without any tweaks it just worked (assuming you selected proper driver when you installed os) so it might help somebody.

link to iDENEB thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=166637

If you are running on AMD machine make sure to run ideneb tool after you ran update combo (don't restart when you're asked to) and choose original kext 10.5.7 and vodoo kernel 9.5.0

Hope it helps.

O.

I have x1600xt and had no QE/CI working on iPC 10.5.6 until I applied iDENEB combo upgrade kit to 10.5.7, without any tweaks it just worked (assuming you selected proper driver when you installed os) so it might help somebody.

link to iDENEB thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=166637

If you are running on AMD machine make sure to run ideneb tool after you ran update combo (don't restart when you're asked to) and choose original kext 10.5.7 and vodoo kernel 9.5.0

Hope it helps.

O.

Thanks! that did it!

B

• 4 weeks later...

Hope it helps.

O.

system is down ((((

waiting for root device... (((

how can i rectify the situation?

Asus P5b, Pentium 4 (517), Radeon X1600XT 256Mb PCI-E