[How to] Have sound on all of your speakers.

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

Mucholoco

Mucholoco

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I'm a Snow Leopard user with Audigy 2 ZS (kX kext) and now with this guide I can listen mp3 in stereo on all my speakers! (5.1)

THANK YOU!!! :(

A little question.. how can I configure a 5.1 output for movies? (i mean "not stereo")

Use VLC. Btw, its output was 5.1 before I was using this AULab+Soundflower trick (just had to configure my speakers to 5.1).
I have an SB Live! 5.1 with kx 1.11b0.

macmac01

macmac01

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I just want to join in and say a big "Thank you" to MacGirl! :| Finally, astounding, glorious 5.1 sound on my Mac!

I also went a few steps further based on this guide and worked on AU Lab a bit. The template shown on this guide is for 2 channel stereo output on 3 channels (front, rear, center+LFE). While this is perfectly acceptable you don't have a lot of control on individual channels.

I managed to make a true 5.1 setup by setting up 6 seperate Mono channels on the initial screen and then by routing L and R channels accordingly.

This gives a truly bewildering amount of control on each speaker. You can have rear speakers swap LR channels or add delay front to back, or even left and right, or have one speaker play higher frequencies than the others (eg center speaker)!!

I added some effects on individual speakers for some aural enjoyment and came up with this template.

http://www.2shared.c...ltichannel.html

I put it here as it may be interesting to others as well!
Just save it on one folder and open it up with AU Lab. Enjoy!

Hardflip

Hardflip

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

+1!!!!!

same problem & configuration, and hope ;)

......and after this.....the stereo 5.1 channel(in my case)doesn't appears optional in my output options to place like a output channel(pic):

thx again,anyway.....can someone help? ;)

pd.:sorry my poor english XD

after i double click on output 1, i dont see my aggregate device there, only soundflower.
can someone help?

Same here.

I tried many different configurations. Sometimes i can see the green bars moving when i play music in itunes, but theres no sound. I'm using 1.11b (audigy 2 zs) driver for snow leopard(10.6.3) and i can get full sourrund sound with a 5.1 source in vlc. Any Ideas?

longorsson

longorsson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
where can I download AU Lab? My Developer folder is empty :angry: (I have Snow Leopard 10.6.2 by Hazard on PC)
Can someone create "step by step" with screenshots for Snow Leopard, please? THX

...a pokud mozno i v cestine :wacko:)

plerohero

plerohero

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you, excellent guide! I discovered a minor flaw.My sound card has 3 stereo out. The first stereo out is front speakers, the second is center/sub and the third rear speakers. Center speaker accepts sound only from the left channel and sub woofer accepts sound only from the right. Would it be possible to send a mono mix in the second stream?

Sharon

Sharon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
THANKS ! THANKS ! THANKS ! THANKS ---- INFINITY ......... I WAS LOOKING FOR THIS FROM LONG ... !!! IF I HAVE FOUND THIS POST BEFORE >> I WON"T HAVE BOUGHT ANOTHER SOUND CARD >> THAT"S NOT YET SUPPORTED IN SNOW LEOPARD 10.6.4 :blink:

Tumpra

Tumpra

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Works Great! Awesome for music and i haven't even tried videos yet. Guide is a little hard to understand (atleast for a rookie) but once you get it... You won't be dissapointed! Big thanks for macgirl! :(

afxkenny

afxkenny

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
thanks you so much macgirl! Working great on audigy 2 zs

myradon

myradon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I was wondering if it's possible to route 5.1sound to only 2-channel stereo with my audigy ZS?

I use VLC-player for playing movies. I only hear effects through Left and Right speaker because I physically have 2-channel stereo. So I want Left-front, Left-rear and Center wired to Left and Right-front, right-rear and Center wired to Right. Maybe rear is not necessary but I'm not really into audio.

prestained

prestained

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the great tutorial. I have a gigaport HD usb audio device with 8 rca outputs. I bought it to hook my carputer up to the amp directly (6 inputs) and it sounds great. The RCA cables are only a foot long, so no issues with interference. As far as the buses go I think the reason it sounds different and maybe louder is because you are essentially making the audio mono, you can get the same effect by toggling the B next to the panner. If you want stereo out of the buses I think you would have to pan one bus full left and one full right. Although looking at it closer it looks like it transfers stereo so I'm not sure why you would need 2 buses but maybe the two busses amplify each other in a way.

Thanks again.

PunkHop

PunkHop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Same here.

I tried many different configurations. Sometimes i can see the green bars moving when i play music in itunes, but theres no sound. I'm using 1.11b (audigy 2 zs) driver for snow leopard(10.6.3) and i can get full sourrund sound with a 5.1 source in vlc. Any Ideas?

Same with me - got through the whole process, but when I double-click on the Output 1 after putting Audio 1 under Output 1 2 and 3, under Edit Master Outputs, I only get Soundflower and no Aggregate Device.

Nooooooooooo!

Anyone know how to fix this?

Attached File  Screen_shot_2010_09_11_at_4.42.41_PM.png   148.08KB   23 downloads

Mole0815

Mole0815

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi there !
As fast as possible I will post my instructions to get 5.1 Stereo Output with Snow vanilla, all available updates installed and the new version of Soundflower 1.5.2b1 with Xcode's 3.24 AU-Lab.
I managed to get it working today as a pseudo - 6 Channel Stereo which means : Two channels passed to my 5.1 Surround System, having sound coming from all my speakers.

PunkHop

PunkHop

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Hi there !
As fast as possible I will post my instructions to get 5.1 Stereo Output with Snow vanilla, all available updates installed and the new version of Soundflower 1.5.2b1 with Xcode's 3.24 AU-Lab.
I managed to get it working today as a pseudo - 6 Channel Stereo which means : Two channels passed to my 5.1 Surround System, having sound coming from all my speakers.

Awesome - can't wait to see it, Mole.

Mole0815

Mole0815

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
OK. I try my best to explain what I've done to get it working.
It's late at night, three beers gone and nothing else to do :)

1. Get Xcode 3.2.4 from Apple Developer Network. Register for free, download the 3gig package and install
2. Get Soundflower for free, latest release. The one that worked for me is the 1.52b1 package. Install.
3. Go to the Audio/Midi Setup application and aggregate a new device with your full functioning outputs. In my case it's an ALC1200 on a P6T Asus Mainboard.
Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2010_09_13_um_20.25.38.png   105.41KB   85 downloads
You can test the outputs at the speaker configuration : On every speaker you click you have to hear the test sound. If not, something is wrong with your configuration. Trial and error was the key for me - just keep trying to aggregate the outputs as long as you find the right working config to hear the test sound coming from the right speaker. In my case I gave this configuration the name Surround 5.1
Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2010_09_13_um_20.32.29.png   59.1KB   51 downloads
4. Set SystemPreferences/audio output to soundflower 16 channel
Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2010_09_13_um_20.44.50.png   47.83KB   35 downloads
5. Launch the Soundflowerbed Application and set Soundflower16ch device to your Surround 5.1 Speakers.
Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2010_09_13_um_20.51.47.png   63.95KB   19 downloads
6. Set the Soundflower Channels 1 to 10 to "none" and assign 11 to 16 to the 5.1 channels : 11 goes to Surround 5.1(1), 12 goest to Surround 5.1(2) and so on.
Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2010_09_13_um_20.53.30.png   166.65KB   17 downloads Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2010_09_13_um_20.55.47.png   96.6KB   19 downloads
7. Launch AULab from /Developer/Applications/Audio and configure as shown in the following screenshots:
Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2010_09_13_um_21.01.28.png   26.25KB   41 downloads Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2010_09_13_um_21.04.19.png   25.86KB   38 downloads Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2010_09_13_um_21.05.15.png   39.63KB   38 downloads Note : This is where the existing tutorial gets unusable because input and output always remains at the same setting : Soundflower16ch , and that's OK for me in my config.
8. In AULabs set Audio1, Audio2 and Audio3 to sound input Soundflower 1-2 by clicking the audio-tabs and moving the slider to AudioInputs1-2 - Maybe a picture explains more than I can do with words. Configure it just the way as seen on the following picture. There are several steps to do to reach that but I can't remember at the moment how I got to this config.Maybe too much beer - Feel free to ask questions at a later moment. :P And don't be confused by the grey FR FL etc. entries on the right side of the picture - I just renamed those for my purpose of identifiing the outputs.
Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2010_09_13_um_21.37.42.png   221.48KB   50 downloads
So please do anything to look like the above picture.
9. At last I went to SystemPreferences/Users/and added the generatedAULabs Config & Soundflowerbed to LoginStartup items.

This is not a perfect detailed instruction, but i wanted to give hints in time. Maybe later I will explain in detail what I have done. Excuse for the beer, and have fun !

Attached Files

barat

barat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hello,

I have a little problem.
Wen I create a new AU LAB document everything works gr8, bu after saving and closing this document and re-opening it it stops working ... I don't see any activity on this document (no green bars moving).
The only way to have sound again is to create new document over and over again ... what am I doing wrong?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy