[How to] Have sound on all of your speakers.

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

sweetbrett

sweetbrett

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
i can't get this to work. when I make my agg. dev. in audio midi setup, I select my SB0350 10k2 (0 in, 8 out) and the soundflower 2chan (2in 2 out). In the box above where the name is, the agg dev still shows 0 in 8 out. So i go to au lab, i add 3 stereo outputs and 1 stereo input. i select my agg dev "6chanout" as the audio device while "output channels" is selected. It looks fine, shows 6 of 8 channels being used. then i select input channels, it shows my 6chanout device still selected as the audio device, and "Audio input not supported". so if i choose the soundflower 2chan here, i see stereo input, but then the output channels only show stereo out. If i hit "done" with my 6chanout agg dev selected, I have no inputs in the next window. If i select the soundflower 2ch, then 2 of the 3 output channels are not used, and I get no sound output too.

what am i missing? how do i pick my 6chanout as the output, and soundflower 2ch as the input?

K2`

K2`

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
is this only for digital out? is there a way to get analog speakers to work.. i have two 3.5 mm plugs.. one for the rear.. and the other for the fronts.

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets
Did you try it?

This is for any kind, you can combine digital and analog, thats the beautiful of this.

K2`

K2`

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Did you try it?
This is for any kind, you can combine digital and analog, thats the beautiful of this.

i must be doing something wrong then.. i'll try it again

onurthemonur

onurthemonur

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
there's nothing like "add aggerate audio" in my system... I can add just external audio devices... what should I do? soundflower sees 16 channles but just one of them works

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Gurus
  • 699 posts
Hi macgirl,

Nice guide! :wallbash:
I'm thinking if someone who know "stuff" can write a plugin for hda.
What I mean if the source is 2ch to make it surround and if is 5.1 to play it as it is on available outs...
I have no coding skills, dunno how to write such plugin but I think here on forum there are some who know how to do such job...
We need a simple solution mac stile :)
What do u think?

kaygalenko

kaygalenko

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I did this step by step and I got everything exactly as you advised it to be. I can't hear anything, however the yellow spikes are jumping in AU Lab :rolleyes:

tehsusenoh

tehsusenoh

null

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
I don't get this guide whatsoever. Can you please walk me through it?
I have 4.1 (2 front, 2 back and 1 sub, no center because it's broken).
I have the ALC888 but I have to plug stuff into all audio ports (line in, out, and mic).
In windoze I have this Realtek utility send all of my output through the outputs as well as the inputs and put the center through the 2 fronts.

Help would be great.
~tehsusenoh

mrbrightside23

mrbrightside23

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
thanks, tested and works perfect for me under all video/audio applications :D

primitIve

primitIve

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
And God says.. So let there be Surround Sound for all those OSX86 users and He was satisfied.. but..what about all this AU Lab crashes I cant use the utility more than a few minutes and I get "overload" notifications and unexpected quits from AU. I made a simple 5.1 config using 3+3 tracks for FL FR C RL RR and SUB
My system is a :gun: P4 2.66 Northwood 1Gb DDR1 and using Audigy1 :angry: OS iPC 10.5.6

Anyway many thanks Macgirl for this great guide!

Attached File  Picture_2.png   1.28MB   149 downloads

Hanx86

Hanx86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

And God says.. So let there be Surround Sound for all those OSX86 users and He was satisfied.. but..what about all this AU Lab crashes I cant use the utility more than a few minutes and I get "overload" notifications and unexpected quits from AU. I made a simple 5.1 config using 3+3 tracks for FL FR C RL RR and SUB
My system is a ;) P4 2.66 Northwood 1Gb DDR1 and using Audigy1 :censored2: OS iPC 10.5.6

You need to raise the latency of your Aggregate device or else your CPU won't be able to process data in time, and that's the reason for the overloads. Try 1024 frames first, then 2048 if your problem is not resolved. The more tracks you use, the higher the latency should be set to avoid errors.

Also, I'd recommend you to delete those two busses you created. They can be useful if you are applying global send effects to several tracks (i.e., you're using a reverb or delay to simulate an specific audio environment). Otherwise, they're adding an extra stress to your CPU, and you are not improving your sound in any way by using them.

mitr-mitr-mitr

mitr-mitr-mitr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

hmmm, Sound flower output starts distorting after few minutes for me, Is it happening with anyone with 10k2 chip??? I'm talking about listening to music continuously for 1 hour or more (ofcourse you will notice distortion a lot earlier).

closing and reopening AU Lab + .trak file solves it (more like reloading). Am i the only one with this?

I have the same problem with my ACL889. Varying CPU and frame latency doesn't help me. Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

alex-nord-star

alex-nord-star

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
it seems that i don't have AU Lab in my computer :( . i've searched with Spotlight and didn't. i can't find it on the web either. can someone upload it for me ....

thx in advance !

finrold

finrold

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

hmmm, Sound flower output starts distorting after few minutes for me, Is it happening with anyone with 10k2 chip??? I'm talking about listening to music continuously for 1 hour or more (ofcourse you will notice distortion a lot earlier).

closing and reopening AU Lab + .trak file solves it (more like reloading). Am i the only one with this?

Thank you for the guide macgirl.

Oxtie, I have the same problem than you. I'm using the 1.30b version of the drivers for my sound blaster audigy platinum ex card (Emu10k1).

Cheezmen

Cheezmen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Thank you for the guide macgirl.

Oxtie, I have the same problem than you. I'm using the 1.30b version of the drivers for my sound blaster audigy platinum ex card (Emu10k1).

Try raising the latency

finrold

finrold

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Try raising the latency

Hi, I raised the latency but it didn't work. I decreased the latency from 512 to 24 frames and now it works flawlessly :D

tetsuo2es

tetsuo2es

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

i can't get this to work. when I make my agg. dev. in audio midi setup, I select my SB0350 10k2 (0 in, 8 out) and the soundflower 2chan (2in 2 out). In the box above where the name is, the agg dev still shows 0 in 8 out. So i go to au lab, i add 3 stereo outputs and 1 stereo input. i select my agg dev "6chanout" as the audio device while "output channels" is selected. It looks fine, shows 6 of 8 channels being used. then i select input channels, it shows my 6chanout device still selected as the audio device, and "Audio input not supported". so if i choose the soundflower 2chan here, i see stereo input, but then the output channels only show stereo out. If i hit "done" with my 6chanout agg dev selected, I have no inputs in the next window. If i select the soundflower 2ch, then 2 of the 3 output channels are not used, and I get no sound output too.

what am i missing? how do i pick my 6chanout as the output, and soundflower 2ch as the input?

+1!!!!!

same problem & configuration, and hope ;)

......and after this.....the stereo 5.1 channel(in my case)doesn't appears optional in my output options to place like a output channel(pic):
Attached File  Imagen_2.png   1.85MB   101 downloads
thx again,anyway.....can someone help? :D

pd.:sorry my poor english XD

dakku

dakku

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
after i double click on output 1, i dont see my aggregate device there, only soundflower.
can someone help?

troe666

troe666

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I had distortion after random 3 - 10 minutes but it was totally fixed not by latency setting but simply by changing Clock Source from internal to The SB Audigy sound card. did this in Audio & MIDI. No more distortion now and sounds wonderful even after hours.

Thanks again for this guide. Just going to set mine to start up minimised at login now and away I go.

Trav

iLeopard_PC

iLeopard_PC

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts
I'm a Snow Leopard user with Audigy 2 ZS (kX kext) and now with this guide I can listen mp3 in stereo on all my speakers! (5.1)

THANK YOU!!! ;)

A little question.. how can I configure a 5.1 output for movies? (i mean "not stereo")

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy