• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

atae

atae

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Anyone had any luck yet? I have been trying but i get a crash almost right after boot. Seems to boot (or crash) real fast however.

gooki

gooki

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
You mean using Parallels for Windows run OSX in windows?

Thats' what i'm trying to do, but it won't even boot from the DVD to let me install it :(

atae

atae

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
thats what i mean. i can get it to boot the dvd but crashes soons as the greay loading screen hits.

gooki

gooki

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
I'm in the same situation as you are now - got it to start booting of a osx86 install disc image (won't boot directly of the DVD), but crashes as soon as it gets to the grey screen.

I also tried using VMware to do an install and it crashed at the same place so maybe it's not a Parallels specific error. I'm sure somepeople are installing osx86 via VMware so it'll be interesting to see how they're getting it to work.

I was hoping Parallels for OSX would have the Parallels Image Tools application so one could boot into their osx86 install, make a disc image, then reboot into windows and just load that disc image. Unfortunetly the Image Tool is not currently implemented in the Parallels OSX beta.

gooki

gooki

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
Just tried microsoft Virtual PC. Crashes at the exact same place as well.

atae

atae

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
i can get osx to install in vmware but thats it. i guess ill keep playing with it.

gooki

gooki

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
What are the specific settings you are using in VMware?

Baltazar

Baltazar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Would be very interesting to see it run under Parallels or Xen and see if it gains any speed. I personally think it's the way to go funther on with OS X under non Mac x86 hardware to get full compatibility.

Proteo

Proteo

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
I don't think OS X is supported under parallels:

http://www.parallels...ts/workstation/

atae

atae

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
OSX is not officially supported under vmware either but it works.....I keep toying with parallels and have not made much progress. It seems really speedy up to the point of the crash.

DrJgermeister

DrJgermeister

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts
  • Interests:Sex, drugs and rock & roll

OSX is not officially supported under vmware either but it works.....I keep toying with parallels and have not made much progress. It seems really speedy up to the point of the crash.

If you have a Windows guest in parallels, run CPU-Z or if you have a linux guest type cat /proc/cpuinfo. I doubt that parallels supports SSE2 because no other 64 bit guest is running. I also tried the deadmoo image (just create a new VM with the same size and exchange the HD files) but it was also not working for me.
In this PDF at page 9 it's written:
http://www.parallels..._User_Guide.pdf
Parallels Workstation virtualizes a full set of the standard PC hardware including:
CPU: Intel Pentium II or AMD Duron;
Generic motherboard compatible with Intel i815 chipset;
RAM up to 1500 MB;
VGA and SVGA with VESA 3.0 support;
1.44 MB floppy drive (mapped to a physical drive or to an image file);

A P2 or Duron haven't SSE2 and can't run OSX86

Baltazar

Baltazar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Anyone heard any news of maby a new beta with 64-bit support for windows or maby done any other progress with parallels?

Baltazar

Baltazar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
There's going to be 64-bit guest OS support in next Parallels version. That's gonna be really interesting!

Edit:
Refrased so it didn't just sound like I thought it would be great if there where...

atae

atae

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
the question is when we can get our hands on it and test.

What are the specific settings you are using in VMware?

I use standard settings with freeBSD as the guest and 512mb ram allocated. Im using the newest version which may make all the difference in the world. 5.5 i think. Slow as all hell but it works.

Sigma Max

Sigma Max

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Why you don't try Q

look at http://www.kju-app.org/

for me works well.

You will not get enthusiast performances, but it's free and opensource that mean it will grow with all our experience

Max

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy