Assassin's Creed - unofficial cider

locoputo

92 posts in this topic

Hey Everybody!

Checkup my latest Wrapper for this game, it makes the game runs perfectly from the begining thru the end, adds GREAT speed improvement and solves the sound problems!!!

give it a try at

CartriACWrapperHybrid0.4c.zip

If you know very well what you are doing you can make things even more up-to-date trying a future v0.5 improvement by raplacing the DirectDraw Renderer Framework (libddraw.dylib) with the 3259 version of cider inside this file. (Backedup 3225 framework from V0.4c wrapper included)

Direct Draw Renderers.zip

Well I wish I could say otherwise, but still the exact same problem as earlier releases. The video is inverted (flipped). Tried tweaking the in game video options but no combo of options changed the results in any way. Very frustrating...can't run Snow, can't play Assassin's Creed...Someone give me an nVidia card!

Well I wish I could say otherwise, but still the exact same problem as earlier releases. The video is inverted (flipped). Tried tweaking the in game video options but no combo of options changed the results in any way. Very frustrating...can't run Snow, can't play Assassin's Creed...Someone give me an nVidia card!

Hey errand, im quite interested on your bug and how to solve it. can you try some mods into a config file??

go to the file

youruserhomedir/Library/Preferences/AssassinsCreed3259hy04c/config

And edit this 2 line:

"FixedProgram" = "N"

"GLSL" = "N"

Tell me the results. Also, can you post your terminal output from before and after doing this (independent of the results). To run the game from terminal just open terminal and drag Assassins Creed Mac.app/Contents/MacOS/cider inside your terminal window. im waiting for your feedback.

Dont worry, if you really want it, we will try everything possible to make it ATI HD2600 Compatible.

Are you hacker/Curious/CRAZY enough for this: http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/appl...wareupdate.html ??? IM NOT RECOMENDING FLASH UPDATES CAN MAKE YOUR CARD STOP WORKING FOREVER IF BADDONE!!

PS: aint your card agp, is it?

Cartri,

Attached are the terminal logs for both before your suggest mod and after. After the modification I get an alternating black and white screen. I can hear the soundtrack playing, but all I get is either flat black or flat white.

interesting, your mnod shows the D3D renderer being loaded like in my machine after the mod, and not before.

You can also try modifying back these values and disable NV_VAR and ARB_VBO in the same config

It's running for me with an NVIDIA card and the sound works! Still pretty slow, though, even with settings on low in 1024x768 resolution. I tried the new Direct Draw Renderers and it still works, but speed is not improved. I'm on a MacBook Pro 2.6GHz, 4 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT (256 MB VRAM) running Snow Leopard. Any thoughts?

interesting, your mnod shows the D3D renderer being loaded like in my machine after the mod, and not before.

You can also try modifying back these values and disable NV_VAR and ARB_VBO in the same config

Okay made those modifications and still a no go, inverted video all around.

Errand (and everybody), try the new v0.6, it uses completly different frameworks and core. And its only 37MB:

http://www.4shared.com/file/176303124/a339...-v063305hy.html

Sigh....beginning to wish I could rip out my eyeballs and put them back in upside down for a half hour or so...Still the same inverted video issue.

• 1 year later...

Hi. I have a question about this.

I have a 15" Macbook Pro

Intel Core Duo

1 GB RAM

ATI RADEON X1600

Mac OS X 10.6.6 Snow Leopard

I know it's slow, but is it possible to run properly on my computer? I have downloaded the file, but everything supposed to be white is black (i.e. Altair's clothes, Desmond's hands), the action is choppy, and I can't see the ground in some places. Any suggestions?

Hi. I have a question about this.

I have a 15" Macbook Pro

Intel Core Duo

1 GB RAM

ATI RADEON X1600

Mac OS X 10.6.6 Snow Leopard

I know it's slow, but is it possible to run properly on my computer? I have downloaded the file, but everything supposed to be white is black (i.e. Altair's clothes, Desmond's hands), the action is choppy, and I can't see the ground in some places. Any suggestions?

It will not work with this gpu, if you want try 0.7 and 0.6b but i dont think it should work with this, not even 9400m is enough for that

It will not work with this gpu, if you want try 0.7 and 0.6b but i dont think it should work with this, not even 9400m is enough for that

Could you give me a download link for 0.7?

And is there a fix for any of the texture problems or ground problems I described?

Thanks for the help. :D

Could you give me a download link for 0.7?

And is there a fix for any of the texture problems or ground problems I described?

Thanks for the help. :hysterical:

this port has been unified under the porting team, you can find the latest versions link there or directly in my blog