Assassin's Creed - unofficial cider

locoputo

92 posts in this topic

I've managed to partition my drive (after lots of work on defrag etc etc etc) so now boot camps running well and as I no longer have a need for cider I'm not really working on improvements anymore, sorry! Maybe pluto999 is..

-loco

loco where id your frame work you was working on ill continue

sorry that took a while. I was looking for my old link to it. My wrapper that I was working on is at:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C6RCXKQ4

Feel free to improve it! I didn't follow the original method of making a cider as I didn't use the right .reg file. But it works. Please also note that some of the no-cd patched game files cause cider to crash for some reason. If you need the no cd patched file i used, just drop a message.

-loco

EDIT: forgot to add, this app uses the older CoH cider. There is a later one out, but apparently it makes no difference!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

How to fix this problem; i'm newbie with cider (thx)

/Volumes/DISK\ 7/Assassin\'s\ Creed/Assassin\'s\ Creed/Assassin\'s\ Creed.app/Contents/MacOS/cider ; exit;

d54C1DB17:~ crowie$ /Volumes/DISK\ 7/Assassin\'s\ Creed/Assassin\'s\ Creed/Assassin\'s\ Creed.app/Contents/MacOS/cider ; exit;

fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Security directory ignored

fixme:profile:PROFILE_Open no encoding specified for L"/Users/crowie/Library/Preferences/Assassin's Creed Preferences Preferences"... - defaulting to ASCII

wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...

fixme:module:SXS_AssemblyFromDoc unsupported node in assembly: description

fixme:module:SXS_AssemblyFromDoc unsupported node in assembly: ttrustInfo

fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation (0x00000005,0x1124b8,0x00001000,0x0), mostly-stub!

fixme:dbghelp:dump_system_info fill in CPU vendorID and feature set

err:dbghelp:pe_load_debug_info loading debug information failed for module '"assassinscreed_dx9"'

err:dbghelp:pe_load_native_module could not open the executable image

err:dbghelp:SymFromAddr could not find the nearest symbol to the address 0x00000000016433ca

err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger ("winedbg -- --auto 1 88") (998)

Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger

• 2 weeks later...

I have a very bad problem.

The game runs very great on v1.02 with no-cd patch.

But if the game loads a new scene, it hangs sometimes and I'm hanging in the old scene.

I can run , jump everything but the game doesn't go on.

I don't no to fix this. On v1.0 nearly every scene hangs with v1.02 i'm getting into the tutorial

but then....

Does anybody know this error?

• 2 months later...
Yeah, I got that at the start. Only way around it that I found was using a downloaded save game.

The Problem is gone with the new Sims3 Cider. I'm able to play Assassins Creed 1.02 with GamecopyWorld no-DVD patch and Cider 2432 with out hanging in scenes. Only Problem is the Sound witch lags. But with the new CiderVersion the Sound lag problem is very small.

Nearly perfect. :P

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cider 2814 is inside the sims 3 versiuon 1.4.6

i just replaced frameworks and cider files and the game did run very smnoother, indeed i had to put everything in low details to run ok on 1680x1050 in my geforce 9600GT... but things are getting better.

The only problem is i tried to improve things more and messed with i-dont-remember-wich file what caused the game not to launch anymore :thumbsup_anim: has anyone a good wrapper to work in it? tomorrrow ill try to remake things

Cider 2814 is inside the sims 3 versiuon 1.4.6

i just replaced frameworks and cider files and the game did run very smnoother, indeed i had to put everything in low details to run ok on 1680x1050 in my geforce 9600GT... but things are getting better.

The only problem is i tried to improve things more and messed with i-dont-remember-wich file what caused the game not to launch anymore :) has anyone a good wrapper to work in it? tomorrrow ill try to remake things

When you are in the Kingdom are the mountain and hills super low resolution textures?

If not, you are further than me. I gave up on AC.

PoP uses the same engine - I bought the Mac version which uses Cider. PoP runs poorly on my MBP (9600m GT).

• 2 weeks later...

pff, talk about replying to an old post, I thought this last post was from today. For some reason I was only able to view this post, thinking it was the last post posted. I have changed it again under options, I think this feature should be removed all together, whats the use only seeing the first post, or the last post, had this problem before. Sorry. At least the creed movie is still new. Not just that I just accidentally deleted what I posted. arg. Here is the link the Assasins Creed Movie again

Seems very much like Hollywood made this movie. Its about 14 min long. I think I need a nap.

• 4 weeks later...

ATTENTION, New Cider Version on Sims 3 1.7.11 (with great graphics improvements to TS3 game)

CIDER BUILD 3043

Ill post results and a renewed Assassins Creed wrapper once i have time for it.

If anyone can test it before me, here we wait.

Hey People,

Here goes my 3043 Cider Build of Assassins Creed

Its based on The Sims 3 1.7.11 Cider, plus Pluto999 changes + locoputo savegame + some other savegames for testing purposes.

Dont expect big changes, there are still crashes and stucks in several parts.

Audio still lags and maybe somehow associated to the stucks (but not to crashes or glitches)

Please post your testing results, i already played a lot with alsa and oss options and DARE.INI file... but no luck fixing sound 100%

Its still very slow for me with a Geforce 9600GT @ Hackintosh C2D E7400

=============================

Instructions (sorry for redundancy):

1 - Unzip

2 - Show package contents

3 - Put your game files under: Assassins Creed Mac/Contents/Resources/transgaming/c_drive/Ubisoft (YES DIRECTLY UNDER UBISOFT)

4 - Do not overwrite the exe, its already cracked for 1.02 english and works

5 - Run the app and enjoy whats enjoyable.

==============================

Sorry about the bad english and the hurry, i gotta sleep now ;-)

Post any feedback you could do, ok??

Thanks!!

LINK TO THE WRAPPER:

AssassinsCreedWrapper3043.zip

Hey people,

As promissed there goes the updated 3052 wrapper, the changes are:

==================CHANGELOG==================

*Added All Game Registrys to System.reg, User.reg and Userdef.reg

*Changed DARE.INI to 4MB sound buffer and 48Khz frequency

*Added Default Directsound Setting to Basic Acceleration on System.reg (i dont know if it matters for cider/wine but in windows that solves the audio problems we have)

*Added fonts and the Trajan font (afain maybe it just doesnt mtter)

*Added some of Assassins Creed Fonts and general windows fonts to the font folder

*Added Cider 3052 executables and frameworks

*Fixed white menu problem

*Game now starts thru Launcher so if you have v1.00 it will update for 1.02 (UNTESTED ON 1.00!!)

* A lot of other things i dont remember, sorry

PLEASE post FEEDBACK so i can keep the job going.

=================Known bugs: ================

*Start a new game is almost impossible, but using the "Blaus" profile you should be able to replay many memorys, go to jerusalem, acre, damascus, grab buildings, fight, run etc etc etc

*Game maybe upside down in some ATI Graphics cards (unconfirmed)

*Stuttering dialogues sometimes unfinishing, maybe causing some of the stucks in storyline at the game start.

*Low FPS (unplayable fps if the game is started trough terminal)

*Many others i forgot, and the others you all will report me!

*lots of err:dsound:DSOUND_timer could not acquire mix lock & err:dsound:DSOUND_timer could not acquire shared resource

============================================

LINK TO THE WRAPPER:

Instead use this updated 100% working Wrapper with included tutorial and changelog:

CartriACWrapperHybrid0.4c.zip

as a OPTIONAL preview of future v0.5 improvement you can use the 3259 ddraw.

Direct Draw Renderers.zip

Cartri,

Just tested the new wrapper. Still experiencing the inverted display problem. Can't really comment on anything beyond that, hard to work a game upside down.

Hey people,

As promissed there goes the updated 3052 wrapper, the changes are:

LINK TO THE WRAPPER:

CartriAssassinsCreedWrapper3052.zip

Hey Errand

Try Turning ON Antialiasing in the game, it seems to solve lots of strange cider bugs related to ati card.

Just try to go in untigl u get graphics options and put the setting to maximum.

Then quit and restrat.