91 replies to this topic

Pluto999

Pluto999

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
FIRST RESULTS

I've mixed your wrapper with my pre-installed Assassin's Creed (pre-cracked (Russian) version) and launch it (I've to change path in info.plist to do it) on:

Intel iMac 2.4 GHz, ATI HD2600 256 MB, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.5.5

I've used your config settings first (1024x600 with all low video settings) - have a problem with graphics - some objects are not presented properly (missing or partly invisible) - and a problem with sound - echoing and looping sometimes (as it was already reported) - tried various DARE.INI settings but audio is still buggy.

Tested also at max 1920x1200 with all maximum video settings - very slow, really unplayable.

Have not tested it long - may be settings tweaking and wrapper file replacement will help, I'll see it later.

Thanks anyway.

P.S.
Both 'ShadersLevel' should be 3.0 - if 2.x you'll have a black screen.

locoputo

locoputo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
I've answered the same post of yours in C4M forums.

The black screen isn't a problem with the configuration about the shaderlevels. Modifying the dll's incorrectly will result in a black screen also.. Otherwise I would've been able to make the game even faster.

Pluto999

Pluto999

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
It works! Reassembled the game (your wrapper + my cracked game) one more time and made necessary changes to accommodate it to my particular Mac - now the graphics is OK in most scenes, sound is still buggy but better then before (sometimes it is OK but become more buggy in action scenes and dialogs). The game is still a bit slow even on 1024x600 with all low video settings but more or less playable on:

Intel iMac 2.4 GHz, ATI HD2600 256 MB, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.5.6

z0n3x

z0n3x

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Test run and what a see how fix this?

xxxx:~ xxx$ /Users/xxxx/Desktop/Assassin\'s\ Creed/Assassin\'s\ Creed.app/Contents/MacOS/cider ; exit;
fixme:win32:PE_CreateModule Security directory ignored
Warning: Language 'en_UA' was not found, retrying without country name...
For language 'en' several language ids were found:
en_US - 0409; en_GB - 0809; en_AU - 0C09; en_CA - 1009; en_NZ - 1409; en_IE - 1809; en_ZA - 1C09; en_JM - 2009; en_ - 2409; en_BZ - 2809; en_TT - 2C09;
Instead of using first in the list, suggest to define
your LANG environment variable like this: LANG=en_US
fixme:profile:PROFILE_Open no encoding specified for L"/Users/xxxx/Library/Preferences/Assassin's Creed Preferences Preferences/win.in"... - defaulting to ASCII
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
fixme:module:SXS_AssemblyFromDoc unsupported node in assembly: description
fixme:module:SXS_AssemblyFromDoc unsupported node in assembly: ttrustInfo
fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation (0x00000005,0x112418,0x00001000,0x0), mostly-stub!
fixme:dbghelp:dump_system_info fill in CPU vendorID and feature set
err:dbghelp:pe_load_debug_info loading debug information failed for module '"assassinscreed_dx9"'
err:dbghelp:pe_load_native_module could not open the executable image
err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger ("winedbg -- --auto 1 88") (998)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger
logout

[Process completed]

locoputo

locoputo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
Hmm, I'm not sure what you've managed there, might be your nocd patch. Might be easiest for you to download my full game from C4M (thats nearly done uploading) or the cd patch ive used, which I will upload after the game is done.

Pluto999

Pluto999

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Here are some screenshots for Assassin's Creed (Cider) running now on my Intel iMac 2.4 GHz, ATI HD2600 256 MB, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.5.6 (1024x768 with all minimal graphics settings):

- original wrapper - severe graphics problems, very slow, buggy audio, not playable

- current state (screens are for whole first level) - system.reg replaced, recommended tweaks - graphics problems are solved, fast enough, audio mostly fixed, playable

- remaining graphics bugs (one map only)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1PS90WSQ

Pluto999

Pluto999

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
I've tested the full (6 GB) version by devilfire and it seems that it have a bug on the first saved level (Memory Block 1, Solomon's Temple) - the intro scene with three assassins don't finish - third assassin should leave the view at the end of it - and so I can't proceed with the game further. Does anybody else have found the same result? In my Russian version (wrapper + my game) everything works OK in the same place.

I've also found that not all existing PC versions of Assassin Creed will work with devilfire's cracked application - my Russian version for example need another crack, it won't start with devilfire's. So if you can't launch your own assembled version it should be the case.

For now I have two different versions. Russian is February 2008, English is March 2008 - probably later build. Russian is about 5,6 GB, English is about 6,8 GB and difference is not only due to sound files. English has 4 levels of graphics quality in menu, Russian - 3 levels only and graphics quality for the same level 1 in English version is lower so it can run faster with all minimal graphics settings in the same resolution with better sound. Applications are different, data files are not compatible. Seems that there is a bug in English version - see above.

On my Mac

both game versions are playable (more or less) in 1024x768 with all minimal graphics settings.

locoputo

locoputo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

I've tested the full (6 GB) version by devilfire and it seems that it have a bug on the first saved level (Memory Block 1, Solomon's Temple) - the intro scene with three assassins don't finish - third assassin should leave the view at the end of it - and so I can't proceed with the game further. Does anybody else have found the same result? In my Russian version (wrapper + my game) everything works OK in the same place.

I've also found that not all existing PC versions of Assassin Creed will work with devilfire's cracked application - my Russian version for example need another crack, it won't start with devilfire's. So if you can't launch your own assembled version it should be the case.

For now I have two different versions. Russian is February 2008, English is March 2008 - probably later build. Russian is about 5,6 GB, English is about 6,8 GB and difference is not only due to sound files. English has 4 levels of graphics quality in menu, Russian - 3 levels only and graphics quality for the same level 1 in English version is lower so it can run faster with all minimal graphics settings in the same resolution with better sound. Applications are different, data files are not compatible. Seems that there is a bug in English version - see above.

On my Mac

both game versions are playable (more or less) in 1024x768 with all minimal graphics settings.

I'm looking for a different english iso as we speak. Thanks for the report.

cartri

cartri

Just a Cone

• Donators
  • 407 posts
Could you all please post the current state files? As system.reg and etc? So we can test on new ciders.. .the City of Heroes latest version is 207x maybe it has some new implements... any news?

locoputo

locoputo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Could you all please post the current state files? As system.reg and etc? So we can test on new ciders.. .the City of Heroes latest version is 207x maybe it has some new implements... any news?

I've managed to partition my drive (after lots of work on defrag etc etc etc) so now boot camps running well and as I no longer have a need for cider I'm not really working on improvements anymore, sorry! Maybe pluto999 is..

-loco

slacker25

slacker25

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

I've managed to partition my drive (after lots of work on defrag etc etc etc) so now boot camps running well and as I no longer have a need for cider I'm not really working on improvements anymore, sorry! Maybe pluto999 is..

-loco

loco where id your frame work you was working on ill continue

locoputo

locoputo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

loco where id your frame work you was working on ill continue

Would you rephrase that? Cant quite understand it... ;)

-loco

slacker25

slacker25

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Would you rephrase that? Cant quite understand it... ;)

-loco

HAHA sorry its only plain english

but where is your framework for AC cider and ill continue to work on it

cartri

cartri

Just a Cone

• Donators
  • 407 posts
id love to continue too... just send us the app without the game folder so it will not be giant and will have your job where its now

locoputo

locoputo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
sorry that took a while. I was looking for my old link to it. My wrapper that I was working on is at:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C6RCXKQ4

Feel free to improve it! I didn't follow the original method of making a cider as I didn't use the right .reg file. But it works. Please also note that some of the no-cd patched game files cause cider to crash for some reason. If you need the no cd patched file i used, just drop a message.

-loco

EDIT: forgot to add, this app uses the older CoH cider. There is a later one out, but apparently it makes no difference!

cartri

cartri

Just a Cone

• Donators
  • 407 posts
Got the game to run with the posted link, but its reeealy laggy on my 8800GS, and i have no sound... what was the optimizations the other persons made? Anything to help?
Thanks!

crowie

crowie

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello

How to fix this problem; i'm newbie with cider (thx)

fixme:profile:PROFILE_Open no encoding specified for L"/Users/crowie/Library/Preferences/Assassin's Creed Preferences Preferences"... - defaulting to ASCII
wine: Unhandled exception, starting debugger...
fixme:module:SXS_AssemblyFromDoc unsupported node in assembly: description
fixme:module:SXS_AssemblyFromDoc unsupported node in assembly: ttrustInfo
fixme:ntdll:NtQuerySystemInformation (0x00000005,0x1124b8,0x00001000,0x0), mostly-stub!
fixme:dbghelp:dump_system_info fill in CPU vendorID and feature set
err:dbghelp:pe_load_debug_info loading debug information failed for module '"assassinscreed_dx9"'
err:dbghelp:SymFromAddr could not find the nearest symbol to the address 0x00000000016433ca
err:seh:start_debugger Couldn't start debugger ("winedbg -- --auto 1 88") (998)
Read the Wine Developers Guide on how to set up winedbg or another debugger

locoputo

locoputo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
Did you use a no-cd crack you found on the net? Or the one I supplied a link to?

Drakulix

Drakulix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I have a very bad problem.
The game runs very great on v1.02 with no-cd patch.
But if the game loads a new scene, it hangs sometimes and I'm hanging in the old scene.
I can run , jump everything but the game doesn't go on.
I don't no to fix this. On v1.0 nearly every scene hangs with v1.02 i'm getting into the tutorial
but then....

Does anybody know this error?

locoputo

locoputo

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts
Yeah, I got that at the start. Only way around it that I found was using a downloaded save game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy