Final solution (FIX) for GMA950 Desktop edition - NEW 28 DEC 08

Dr. Hurt

486 posts in this topic

Well I got it to compile, but no luck on booting. The source appears to be missing two ending brackets }. These should go at the end of the middle section, and end of the last section. With these in place, the compiling works are it should, with no errors. However, in my case, I'm getting USB errors on boot, which prevent it from booting fully. :D I might play with this a bit later on.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Post your edited dsdt.dsl so we can take a look to it...

The kext is definitely loading, I'm not seeing any errors. It just acts like the hardware is not there. It looks like I'll never get my 82562v working.

Was your network card working before this patch?

How does one enable or use screen rotation? Can't find the option. The old alt-click doesn't work either.

Rotation is controlled from the display settings in the system preferences.

re: display rotation

The option isn't there on this machine with GMA950. I know where it should be, but it just doesn't show. Is there a dwrite to force it to display? or another way to force a display rotation?

This is on a M400 tablet c2d. Right now I had to back down to the v2 drivers as the v3 created a strange issue where only a certain amount of graphics would display or graphic changes. Then if one were to toggle the display between external and internal using the function on the keyboard the display would refresh on the LCD. Otherwise the LCD would have a static image that was old.

In addition with the v3 there is something very off with the colours. If you go to any colour picker, say choose a setting in terminal for background, it's like an entire hue of colours is missing when you slide around, with abrupt changes happening.

Confirmed, works 100 percent perfect on my hac, changed around video cable and it works! Thankyou Dr. Hurt and Roisoft, you are now my heroes and will appear in my sig :censored2:

hi, I'm having the same problem you did. when I applied the DSDT fixes, it freezes before the login window.

What did you do to fix it? Could you elaborate a little more about "changed around video cable?"

Yes, network was working.

did your networking work after the update to 10.5.6 without the patched dsdt? i ask because m network was gone because of the update and not because of the patching, btw downgrading htpe kext solved it

no rotation here, worked wit the old framebuffer wihout the patching but i couldn't be botherd, i don't use this feature. no artefacts is what counts for me

did your networking work after the update to 10.5.6 without the patched dsdt? i ask because m network was gone because of the update and not because of the patching, btw downgrading htpe kext solved it

no rotation here, worked wit the old framebuffer wihout the patching but i couldn't be botherd, i don't use this feature. no artefacts is what counts for me

I had my network working with this http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...rt=#entry657659

I had it working in 10.5.6 before the patched dsdt.

Using the same method and starting over I have an ethernet card that says it is there but only broadcasts. Without a DSDT it works.

Hi guys!

This thing doesn't seem to work with me.

I've installed the kext files, and I've put DSDT on root but it doesn't seem to work.

No changes.

Should I also install .plugin and .bundle files like kexts? What am I supposed to do with those files?

Thanks in advance.

the plugins also belong in the extensions folder with fixed permissions, if this was your question

if you have 10.5.6 with stock extension folder (at least what does belong o the gma grafics including the framebuffer etc) you dont need to install anything else then the dsdt, that the dsdt works depends on your motherboard (maybe even the revision or bios version)

the plugins also belong in the extensions folder with fixed permissions, if this was your question

if you have 10.5.6 with stock extension folder (at least what does belong o the gma grafics including the framebuffer etc) you dont need to install anything else then the dsdt, that the dsdt works depends on your motherboard (maybe even the revision or bios version)

Alright, thanks :(

So where's the extensions folder so I can put plugins in? :D

I assume .bundle files go there too? :D

Sorry for asking noob questions, but this is my first time on Mac.

[Edit] I tried installing those files too using kext helper. It copied those files to Extensions, I rebooted, but I still can't change my resolution, lol :D Any ideas? :)

Hello Just to Clarify, does the DSDT.aml file needs to go in the bootloader partition (small boot132 partition) or the Mac OS partition (larger main partition where you installed Mac OS). Also I tried using DSDT.aml from v3 and it booted but hung on grey screen with apple logo. I'm guessing because my board is not compatible with this DSDT file. I used the default fassl patcher to create a DSDT file and used that one and it booted fine but I'm guessing I need to apply the mod to it in order to see any changes. I don't have developer tools installed and I'm not sure if I could actually do the compile / recompile myself. If I provided my current working DSDT file could someone help to recompile it. It would help those running ECS 945GCT-M 1333 type motherboard. Perhaps even fix sleep issue that has long eluded this board. Thanks.

hi, I'm having the same problem you did. when I applied the DSDT fixes, it freezes before the login window.

What did you do to fix it? Could you elaborate a little more about "changed around video cable?"

Sorry :s Yeah, When I bought my monitor the video cable was missing from the packaging, as it was a display model (I chose to go for ex display because it was much cheaper and I am a poor student). The cable the shop gave me was a cheap and nasty cable, but seemed to work. I noticed on my MacBook it wouldn't detect the resolution properly, so I always assumed it wasn't such a great monitor. Any, to cut a long story short, I decided to switch the video cable around for one i found in my attic. And there we go, it worked! seemed to be down to the crappy video cable.

It would help those running ECS 945GCT-M 1333 type motherboard.

have you tried the file roisoft modded for me?

the eject_dsdt attachment, somewhere on page 2

i use actually a ecs 95gct-m2/1333 rev1.0

have you tried the file roisoft modded for me?

the eject_dsdt attachment, somewhere on page 2

i use actually a ecs 95gct-m2/1333 rev1.0

Thanks eject, I will try that. I thought the mods on earlier posts had made it into the v3 or this fix. I think people (me included) miss fixes posted due to the default outline view that the thread displays in. I need to poke around and see if I can set my view to standard and make it stay that way.

Thanks eject, I will try that. I thought the mods on earlier posts had made it into the v3 or this fix. I think people (me included) miss fixes posted due to the default outline view that the thread displays in. I need to poke around and see if I can set my view to standard and make it stay that way.

Top of the page, button called "options", drop down box select "Standard" :P