XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2

BlackCH

661 posts in this topic

please help me this is wat came up when i try to install xxx10.5.6

You show two different problems on your screenshots:

-In the first, the system is booting, the drivers loaded, but NForceATA.kext doesnt find any devices to boot from (check if you have ATA or S-ATA drives). I know NForceATA.kext is at least compatible with S-ATA devices on MCP61 (your chipset).

-In the second screenshot the system cannot boot a all;

So my point is, between the first and the second screen you must have change something (because the beavior is completely different) that you are not saying. Also you dont make clear if you are trying to boot off the DVD or from a HD.

In any case I suggest you try another release, to see if you can make it work.

Another option is to customize the XxX ISO to work on your computer, but this require some knowledge from you. Basically you need a new extensions.mkext file on the DVD (I cannot explain how to do this here, but if you do a search you'll find out). However the Extensions.mkext inside the ISO contains the lastest NForce driver already, so I dont know if it would make any difference. Here is a link to an older version of the driver:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=77071

Hi again!

Hey i have good news... i got my PC to work with mac!

I had to remove my PCI Express Nvidia card and work with the ATI onboard x200

not everything works, but in can log in and surf by now...

I think the chipset controller for the x200 it's not ok, Everest shows North Bridge ATI RC410, ill be searching for this driver now...

other problem is the sound, i selected the correct kerxt, but i have to add my Device ID, how can this be done?

and last.. the ati x200 video driver... i din't select any from the instalation cose theres only for x300, any idea?

EDIT: in EVERest i can see this

unther display : ATI Radeon Xpress 200/1100 (RC410/RC415) Video Adapter

unther Motherboard: Graphics Controller Type ATI Radeon X300

well. THANKZ again for the greate job your doing!

Hi again!

Hey i have good news... i got my PC to work with mac!

I had to remove my PCI Express Nvidia card and work with the ATI onboard x200

not everything works, but in can log in and surf by now...

I think the chipset controller for the x200 it's not ok, Everest shows North Bridge ATI RC410, ill be searching for this driver now...

other problem is the sound, i selected the correct kerxt, but i have to add my Device ID, how can this be done?

and last.. the ati x200 video driver... i din't select any from the instalation cose theres only for x300, any idea?

EDIT: in EVERest i can see this

unther display : ATI Radeon Xpress 200/1100 (RC410/RC415) Video Adapter

unther Motherboard: Graphics Controller Type ATI Radeon X300

well. THANKZ again for the greate job your doing!

Hi, nice you got it working; Is a pity you cannot use your PCI-e card, since you cannot get video acceleration with your on-board graphics. Maybe you should try EFI strings with it. EFIStudio is included on the ISO...

I dont remember what kind of sound chip you had, if is AC97 you can try this:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Audio

Hi, nice you got it working; Is a pity you cannot use your PCI-e card, since you cannot get video acceleration with your on-board graphics. Maybe you should try EFI strings with it. EFIStudio is included on the ISO...

I dont remember what kind of sound chip you had, if is AC97 you can try this:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Audio

can't i just made the same with the kext i installed? just add my device ID to it? where is the kerxt installed so i can change it?

and as for the video, ill trie that, the real problem is that i dont have support for my northbridge chipset, so i dont have pci-e, CD...

and one more... during booting, i have to press F8 to stop directly booting to osX and choose XP, how can this be changed so that XP is the first choice?

can't i just made the same with the kext i installed? just add my device ID to it? where is the kerxt installed so i can change it?

and as for the video, ill trie that, the real problem is that i dont have support for my northbridge chipset, so i dont have pci-e, CD...

and one more... during booting, i have to press F8 to stop directly booting to osX and choose XP, how can this be changed so that XP is the first choice?

The AppleAC97Audio.kext should be in /System/Libarary/Extensions/ folder. You have to copy the kext to the desktop, edit it, and install it back with kexthelper app.

For booting you have to add:

<key>Timeout</key>
<string></string>

to the com.apple.boot.plist file (Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration folder)

then you wont have to press F8 everytime. It would stop always at the boot menu

hi, thanks for releasing this. it seems like it could be really good. though im having a problem, hoping you can help real quick.

my hard drive is definitely an issue as on no release of hackintosh has ever seen it. so, this is the info:

HD: WDC WD1600BEVS-60RST0 ATA (160gb)

Computer: Presario F700/755

I 'do' get up to the detection screen (under utlties) so I just need to know if there is a setting I can change (though dont believe possible through bios) or if any release may work with it (to any knowledge possible).

thank you in advanced, I really just want to try it out.

It's not the hard drive, but the hd controller or chipset. If it's in the installer, then you probably didn't format the drive to what osx can install to. But take a picture of where the hard drive isn't showing up at.

just installed and smooth..! :yoji:

XxX_1056_Leo_Install_Discmd5.png

my h/w specs: http://tinypaste.com/pre.php?id=a79b439

Processor  : Intel Core2Duo E6850 @ 3066 MHz
Mainboard  : Abit IP35-E (North Bridge: Intel Bearlake P35 | South Bridge: Intel 82801IB ICH9)
		 JMicron JMB368 SATA|IDE Controller, Realtek HDA ALC888/S/T, Marvell Yukon 88E8056 Gigabit Ethernet)
Memory	 : DDR2 2x Corsair CM2X1024-6400 1024 MB, 2x A-Data Extreme PC2-6400 512 MB
Display	: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB, SyncMaster 932GW DVI, 1440x900@60Hz
HDD		: WD Raptor 150GB (XP,Vista,Program) on SATA#1, WD 320GB (OSx86,Data) on SATA#2, Seagate 250GB on SATA#5
		 Samsung 160GB PATA & Maxtor 160GB PATA on PCI-to-IDE SiI 0680 Ultra-133 Medley ATA Raid
ODD		: HP Lite-on DVDRW DH16A3L 8H1F on SATA#6, Samsung TSSTcorp DVDROM SH-D162C PATA
Mouse-Key  : HP Cordless 2.4GHz

Custom Install Options:

- Essential System Software

- PCEFI_v9.0 Bootloader

- DSDT Patcher

- Essential System Kexts

- ICHx Chipset Support

- JMicronATA

- HDAEnabler

- ALC888_3_Lineouts

- Yukon 88E8056 Ethernet

- OpenHaltRestart

- BootPrompt

- SysProfilerFix

Post Install:

- NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 256MB EFI String

- Localtime-Toggle.pkg (Time Sync for Multi-OS) by Zephyroth

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qqjly05wnjj/Localtime-Toggle_by_Zephyroth.pkg.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/179400102/Localtime-Toggle_by_Zephyroth.pkg.zip
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AFVOJJAX

my screen:

20kxa4x_th.png

Thanks again, BlackCH :(:)

Well, i got my DVD to work with VIA ATA sb kext, so one setep closer..

steel nee to work with my USB ports that when i plug something the pc hangsup and as soon as i get the usb out all goes back to normal...

Oh and the sleep function does not work for me :(

today im going to trie this http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=139203 for my 8400, cose when i was using it i was with the DVI.. so that might be the problem... ill post my results.

Hello,

I tried XxX Leo, install is fine, it boots, but I have no keyboard (so cannot fill the form at first boot).

What could it be? Considering I have PS2 keyboard (and the PS2 kext and enabler where selected at install).

Regards,

Naunaud.

i found an other problem, my p4 HT, in about this mac, shows that i have 1 CPU and 2 processors....

how can i solve this?

The AppleAC97Audio.kext should be in /System/Libarary/Extensions/ folder. You have to copy the kext to the desktop, edit it, and install it back with kexthelper app.

For booting you have to add:

<key>Timeout</key>
<string></string>

to the com.apple.boot.plist file (Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration folder)

then you wont have to press F8 everytime. It would stop always at the boot menu

I don't have any of those files.. :S

EDIT: BlackCH.. i got my geforce 8400GS to work, heres is the kext so you can add it... http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=139203, it works with QE and full resolution!

Just sound and USB to go!

about the files u mentiones before, i cant findem, are they hidden or some?

BlackCH.. i got my geforce 8400GS to work, heres is the kext so you can add it... http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=139203, it works with QE and full resolution!

Just sound and USB to go!

about the files u mentiones before, i cant findem, are they hidden or some?

Great!, so it was a NVCAP problem....

com.apple.boot.plist file should be there, otherwise you wouldnt be able to boot. AppleAC97Audio.kext should be there too if you installed it. They are not hidden files

For USB try this:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=129932

I tried an older PS2Controller kext for my PS2keyboard, still not working after install (working good during though), still searching for a solution.

Regards,

Naunaud.

The packages that are working for most of the people are PS2Nub Enabler and PS2Controller (from essential kext menu); You can install the ApplePS2Controller_AnV (from 'Others' menu). Check if the kexts are loaded in the SystemProfiler; Also check the System log to see if you find something PS2 related. Check if the kext were actually installed (they must be at /System/Library/Extensions/).

If those drivers doesnt work, I dont really know whats the problem, they are working here; perhaps you can try to use the 10.5.5 ACPIPlatform.kext ('10.5.5 kexts' menu)....maybe helps.

The packages that are working for most of the people are PS2Nub Enabler and PS2Controller (from essential kext menu); You can install the ApplePS2Controller_AnV (from 'Others' menu). Check if the kexts are loaded in the SystemProfiler; Also check the System log to see if you find something PS2 related. Check if the kext were actually installed (they must be at /System/Library/Extensions/).

If those drivers doesnt work, I dont really know whats the problem, they are working here; perhaps you can try to use the 10.5.5 ACPIPlatform.kext ('10.5.5 kexts' menu)....maybe helps.

All right, I took the PS2Nub, PS2Controller and ACPIPlatform from 10.5.5 and it's working!

Thank you for the tip!

Regards,

Naunaud.

Somehow my Dimension 4700 can boot with iPC 10.5.6 but not with XxX 10.5.6. Anyone know why?

CPU - Intel® Pentium® 4 processor 520 Hyper-Threading

Chipset - Intel 915G Express

GPU - ATI Radeon HD 3450

ATA/SATA controller - I'm using WD WD800JB IDE HD

Another quick question.

Are all languages available on XxX?

Because after install, even with my language at the top, I still have half of Leo in english.

Regards,

Naunaud.

EDIT: nevermind, I found my language pkg so it's sorted.

hi,

i cant find u on IRC, so.. questions go here...

i couldnt make my audio to work, i did what you told me, but nothing...

i whanted to instal the alc880 pkg form IPC DVD but the installer tells me that i have a newer version installed.. i deleted appleaudizila.kext from extension but no change

what else can i do?

It's not the hard drive, but the hd controller or chipset. If it's in the installer, then you probably didn't format the drive to what osx can install to. But take a picture of where the hard drive isn't showing up at.

the window here: http://blog.raamdev.com/wp-content/uploads...isk_utility.png

just mine is without any of the hard drives on the left there, its just empty.

thanks again!

EDIT: I tried on vmware to see if a virtual hdc would work, buut it seems it really dont like this way either.

http://img380.imageshack.us/my.php?image=panicaq2.png

Hello

I tried to install it on my laptop, can't even get to the installation (I have a blue screen).

Any ideas?

It's an Acer TM 3002 WTMi (915GM, with Pentium M, the DVD is on external Firewire).

Regards,

Naunaud.

EDIT: nevermind, the VGA of my external display was defective and it wouldn't send the signal through it..