XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2

BlackCH

661 posts in this topic

I'll see if the kernel panic occurs again. I've been using iDeneb before this for almost 4-5 months with no panic and occasional lock up. I've been running this release for almost 2 weeks now. It only occurs three times randomly.

I'll look into replacing the kernel later, as it might screw up the whole set up...

And Transmission 1.42 actually cause the system to slow down (slow death - known problem with that version, but other than that, I've never had problem with any of the apps). I installed them right after set up the system, so I'm not sure if the problem exists before these apps.

Thanks for your support, I'll report if there is any further panic.

I finally got the thing running on my Optiplex GX280, not exactly sure how, but its running.

I'm only having 2 problems now:

1. Can't change the video resolution

2. Can't get the ethernet working at all. It has the BCM5751 and when I tried installing the kext file for it, the system just locks up and won't start up unless I go into the command line and delete the file.

I must say it seems like such a great release, if I could get it going.

I have a HP dv6000 (intel) laptop. I have burnt both the final, and PF3 3 times, on 3 different dvdr's, and 4x, it boots alright but when installing, gets to 17min left mark and says "can't verify essentials", and asks to reboot.

Hopefully someone can point me in right direction to fix, I've been googling for about an hour now!

Thanks

I must say it seems like such a great release, if I could get it going.

I have a HP dv6000 (intel) laptop. I have burnt both the final, and PF3 3 times, on 3 different dvdr's, and 4x, it boots alright but when installing, gets to 17min left mark and says "can't verify essentials", and asks to reboot.

Hopefully someone can point me in right direction to fix, I've been googling for about an hour now!

Thanks

check md5 sums matches the ISO before and after PPF patch.

Hi all,

I have a problem getting this installed. I have the Universal iso and the md5sum is correct so I burned it using Dvd Decrypter.

I get the installer screen, nice resolution (Nvidia Quadro FX1600m with 512MB) but I can't use any of the partitions.

It sees the SATA disk and I want to use the 3rd empty primary partition for OSX.

Fdisk sees the disk and partitions as does Disk Utility, but I can not mount, esare, verify, format any partition and when I choose continue, I get no options where to install OSX.

My disk is a WD 7200rpm Sata laptop disk on an Intel ICH8m controller (HP 8710w laptop)

Also where can I find PPF3, normally I use BNR and I am not that familiar with torrents.

Tnx

check md5 sums matches the ISO before and after PPF patch.

Yeah I think I should have checked the MD5 sums.

MD5: DDA0229709C2305659760341E1ABAE75

ISO: 924D849F3CA9683CC568B886BD882BD7

I extracted the rar file's with 7zip (which all checked fine in torrent application).

I downloaded the copy from the green demon, what could cause the MD5 not to match? :-(

Was looking forward to this.

Yeah I think I should have checked the MD5 sums.

MD5: DDA0229709C2305659760341E1ABAE75

ISO: 924D849F3CA9683CC568B886BD882BD7

I extracted the rar file's with 7zip (which all checked fine in torrent application).

I downloaded the copy from the green demon, what could cause the MD5 not to match? :-(

Was looking forward to this.

If you still have the rar files extract it again and re-check the MD5 sum.

Hey BlackCH,

I am the guy with kernel panic a few days ago. I've gotten 2 more after that. I went ahead and check VooDoo readme file, seems like this is a known problem. Kernel panic happens with heavy disk usage with 4gb of RAM (I have 4gb). Strange.

Anyway, here is where it points me to:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=127611

I have 3 SATA disks, the third one was added in later, hence it could be the problem. Before I was using different kernel, release and with only 2 Disks with no panic (not sure which kernel I used).

Anyway, do you think the kext in that thread is up-to-date and should I replace it? Thanks a bunch.

Hey BlackCH

Need some post installation help here..

I installed the basic stuff and boots off great.. everything works including sleep etc.. But then I do a mac update (there is Java and a security update along with safari). When I reboot after that Bluetooth is broken. It is there no more. Someone suggested do a permission fix on the drive. I did that and reboot. Still the same problem. The only time is works is that when I boot with -f (dont know what that is) . I dont know what else is broken, but bluetooth is prominent as it shows on top bar. Also I think before the update I could see the hardware info in System Profile. Now I cannot.

Please help. If there is a list somewhere of your install menu, I can copy-paste and tell you the things I installed so that you can have an idea. I am on a HP DV6000 series laptop.

EDIT: Nevermind, after some reboots the bluetooth just started working..

After so many attempts with different distributions, the mighty xXX done it with a cheap Gigabyte motherboard with full hardware support. Quartz extreme with ATI 2600 XT is enabled, sound, network and even a cheap firewire card were identified and working. This Hackintosh is a real one. I was able run FCP2.

Wow, the speed of installation and the speed of the OSX running is a real one.

Saying thanks is not enough for all the hard work done for this super great distribution.

So many thanksssssssss

Hi again

Can't anyone help me please?

I reburned the iso with ppf3 applied, all checksums are correct) but still I can not install OSX on the sata disk attached to the intel ich8m, what is wrong?

Tommy

Hi again

Can't anyone help me please?

I reburned the iso with ppf3 applied, all checksums are correct) but still I can not install OSX on the sata disk attached to the intel ich8m, what is wrong?

Tommy

What message do you get / does the harddisk show (if possible put SATA in IDE mode, not RAID...).

I don't get any messages, Disk Utility sees the disk but I can not erase/mount/format any partitions

It says the disk is read/write, 1st partition is Vista, 2nd Windows 7 and 3rd should be OSX, all primary.

Fdisk in a Terminal Windows also shows the disk, I can not change the mode of the disk in my laptop (HP 8710w).

Hi Andy and BlackCH,

I've been bumping into this kernel panic a while now, it's appears almost once every two days, out of nowhere.

IMG_1854.JPG

I've tried to get help from the VooDoo thread, and one of the member recommend me to replace the seatbelt.kext. Did that and the problem persist. I'm really confused and don't know what else to do. Should I upgrade to 9.6.0 using AnV kernel? If so, how? I selected VooDoo 9.5.0 1.0 during installation and it should be stable (according to lots of people who reported).

system.kext.png

seatbelt.kext.png

mach_kernel.png

xXx 10.5.6 Universal Final installed 1A - everything "seems" to work (actually i think everything IS indeed working)

BUT i have not fixable "repair permissions" errors.

Empty path in "com.apple.repair-permissions.pkg-group" receipt.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/Printers/Libraries/aehelper" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Warning: SUID file "System/Library/Printers/Libraries/csregprinter" has been modified and will not be repaired.

Permissions differ on "System/Library/CoreServices/RawCamera.bundle/Contents/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .

Permissions differ on "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iLifeMediaBrowser.framework/Versions/A/CodeResources", should be -rw-r--r-- , they are lrw-r--r-- .

Warning: SUID file "usr/bin/lppasswd" has been modified and will not be repaired.

and tons of Java related errors (guess started happening after latest Java Update)

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Commands/appletviewer", should be -rwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x .

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Commands/apt", should be -rwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x .

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Commands/extcheck", should be -rwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x .

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Commands/idlj", should be -rwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x .

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Commands/jar", should be -rwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x .

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Commands/jarsigner", should be -rwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x .

Permissions differ on "System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5.0/Commands/java", should be -rwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x .

list continues with should be -rwxr-xr-x , they are lrwxr-xr-x .+ vice versa

Don't know how bad this is, since everything is working. Any clues how to fix that?

Hi Andy and BlackCH,

I've been bumping into this kernel panic a while now, it's appears almost once every two days, out of nowhere.

I've tried to get help from the VooDoo thread, and one of the member recommend me to replace the seatbelt.kext. Did that and the problem persist. I'm really confused and don't know what else to do. Should I upgrade to 9.6.0 using AnV kernel? If so, how? I selected VooDoo 9.5.0 1.0 during installation and it should be stable (according to lots of people who reported).

Try a different kernel; dont forget to update seatbelt and system kexts. Search the forum for a 'how to', there are a few

xXx 10.5.6 Universal Final installed 1A - everything "seems" to work (actually i think everything IS indeed working)

BUT i have not fixable "repair permissions" errors.

and tons of Java related errors (guess started happening after latest Java Update)

Don't know how bad this is, since everything is working. Any clues how to fix that?

I've tested reparing permissions on a fresh install (none updates installed whatsoever) a coupe of times and theres no problems. It should be something you've done/installed (?)... You can try fixing permissions from the installer disk (Menu Bar/Utilities/Disk Utility).

Ok, so I repaired the permissions to my disk which helped. Now I can get the time machine to run. Now I am facing another issue which I don't entirely know how to approach. I use a wireless DWA-552 and I do not have ethernet working (don't need it anyways - EFI does not support it). When I go into Time Machine and choose the backup disk I get this error message...

"Time Machine could not be configured. The built-in network interface could not be found."

Do you know of any IONetworkingFamily.kext that can resolve this? Thanks again.

Captainjack!

Just open efi studio and add a network device to the plist save and re-boot

Timemachine should now work no probs :)

Cheers,

Matt

Matt,

My DWA-552 (wireless N card) is working perfectly. However, my integrated NIC does not function. I have tried EFI studio and I get this error message when attempting to add the EFI string..

"Device path not found !"

"Ethernet not available on this machine"

Any tips?

Hi Andy and BlackCH,

If I am not mistaken, you can use OSx86 Tools Utility By PCWlz. There is an option in there to backup the kernel or install/restore a kernel. I had kernel panics with Voodoo 9.5.0 and switching to AnV 9.6 has cleared up all issues with that. Best of luck to ya!