XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2

BlackCH

661 posts in this topic

Got it installed, and it's working pretty decently actually. ;) Although, there are some things that didn't work.

Let me list the full specs of my machine right fast, that might help.

Pentium D 820

Elitegroup PT890t-A

2048 ddr2 800

Radeon X1800 GTO

1.Audio does not work. Though, I'm still messing around with my mobo.

2.Radeon x1800gto did not work. Notice the did not work, easy fix. :D I actually expected this.

3.Not a big thing, but my cpu isn't listed as a pentium D in system profiler, but as Core 2 duo. Not a big deal.

All and all, this is a pretty good release. I'm on right now with no major issues.

After install, system booted fine, replaced NVInject with EFI strings, and started testing.

The first test I like to do is try to add all my music to iTunes. I am not sure if it is the heavy reading from my hard drive, but after the first try I got a Kernel Panic. To me, this is fine, and I rebooted. The next try, however, is when I ran into the same problem that has haunted me from the beginning of trying to install MacOSX on this system.

The system hangs. It is strange, I can still move the mouse, and even drag windows around, but I cannot click on anything or ctrl+apple+esc to close any non responsive programs. I left the system on, just to see if it would snap out of it, and the monitor even went to sleep after a bit. I moved the mouse, monitor came back on, but still no response from teh system. KPs I can understand, but this issue is very difficult to diagnose.

I would love any advice or suggestions, but I have kind of accepted that OSX just wont run on my 780i motherboard, at least until new drivers or a new kernel come out. The hangs occur during hard drive activity, so maybe it is the NForceATA kext, but I am really not sure. Everything else seems to work fine, and all my hardware shows up accurately in the System Info dialogue.

Thanks for the release, maybe you have advice, or I will just wait for the Voodoo 2.0 kernel to try another install. Damn 780i! :huh:

I would love any advice or suggestions, but I have kind of accepted that OSX just wont run on my 780i motherboard, at least until new drivers or a new kernel come out. The hangs occur during hard drive activity, so maybe it is the NForceATA kext, but I am really not sure. Everything else seems to work fine, and all my hardware shows up accurately in the System Info dialogue.

Thanks for the release, maybe you have advice, or I will just wait for the Voodoo 2.0 kernel to try another install. Damn 780i! :)

Did you have the same problems with the xxx 10.5.5?

Post a list of Items you installed

Did you have the same problems with the xxx 10.5.5?

Post a list of Items you installed

I did have this same problem with XxX 10.5.5 and iAtkos 10.5.5, also with iPC 10.5.6.

I install with Chameleon, I have tried both DSDT patch and non-patched.

For graphics, I install with NVInject, then usually switch to EFI strings, but have experienced the hang issue on both.

I have tried NForceATA and NForceATATest, with the same result.

I install the RTL8169 driver for my NIC.

For audio, I use ALCInject with the alc888 driver.

For USB I have tried both the Slice USB Fix and GenUSBHCI (the older one).

Hmm let me know if I am forgetting anything. Thanks.

edit: its almost like my system is just unstable, but it runs ubuntu and vistax64 no problem (and has for a couple years), passes MemTest86 for hours and hours, so I dont think that is the problem =P

Ahaha! I got the kernel panics out now! I had to take the seatbelt.kext from 10.5.5 and replace it with the one that came with 10.5.6! Audio still didn't work, so I grabbed a soundblaster live, and it works! I have a full working system now! :(

Hey PPL, thanx for testing this one!

I did have this same problem with XxX 10.5.5 and iAtkos 10.5.5, also with iPC 10.5.6.

I install with Chameleon, I have tried both DSDT patch and non-patched.

For graphics, I install with NVInject, then usually switch to EFI strings, but have experienced the hang issue on both.

I have tried NForceATA and NForceATATest, with the same result.

I install the RTL8169 driver for my NIC.

For audio, I use ALCInject with the alc888 driver.

For USB I have tried both the Slice USB Fix and GenUSBHCI (the older one).

Hmm let me know if I am forgetting anything. Thanks.

edit: its almost like my system is just unstable, but it runs ubuntu and vistax64 no problem (and has for a couple years), passes MemTest86 for hours and hours, so I dont think that is the problem =P

See if you can get the system.log, zip it, and post it here (do not copy and paste on the message please). I want to see whats the panic related with....

Ahaha! I got the kernel panics out now! I had to take the seatbelt.kext from 10.5.5 and replace it with the one that came with 10.5.6! Audio still didn't work, so I grabbed a soundblaster live, and it works! I have a full working system now! :(

Strange I included 10.5.5 seatbelt.kext and system.kext with the Voodoo package.... I will look at it. Did you ever had your onboard sound working?; If so, give me a link to the driver

No, onboard never worked for me. I thought that it would be supported under the included via audio kext, but it wasn't. Not a problem though, as for the drivers for it, Via only includes it in their hyperon driver package. I can upload my seatbelt.kext for those who have those problems.

Installed on my AMD system, worked great except that voodoo 9.5 rev 1 panics when trying to mount XCode. It could previously mount Xcode on my lawless/voodoo install. This makes the distro useless to me as I cannot install essential software.

If anyone finds a solution please post and/or PM me.

GA-MA78GM-S2H

- 780G, ALC 889A, Firewire + eSATA

6000+ (89W) - 4 GB Corsiar DDR2 - 1 500 GB WD HDD - 2 500 GB Seagate 7200.11 HDD - Sapphire 3650 512 MB DDR2 - Dlink DWL-530

Icaarus, if this occurs when you try to mount any .dmg file, then you need to do a simple fix.

You need to install the seatbelt kext from 10.5.5. Something with the seatbelt kext from 10.5.6 provided, and the voodoo kernel, well I tried with 2 different kernels and ended up with the same problem, doesn't work out right.

See if you can get the system.log, zip it, and post it here (do not copy and paste on the message please). I want to see whats the panic related with....

edit: reuploaded file

Thanks for the reply, I posted my zipped system.log here . I see some ntfs errors, not sure if thats the culprit or what.

Hi i wanted to ask if i can install xxx 10.5.6 on my dell inspiron 531s? the details are here i tried the iso and it came up with "waiting for root device" please help

Processor(s) Number of processors1Number of cores2 per processorNumber of threads2 per processorNameAMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+Code NameBrisbaneSpecificationAMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+PackageSocket AM2 (940)Family/Model/SteppingF.B.1Extended Family/ModelF.6BBrand ID4Core SteppingBH-G1Technology65 nmCore Speed2611.9 MHzMultiplier x Bus speed13.0 x 200.9 MHzHT Link speed1004.6 MHzStock frequency2600 MHzInstruction setsMMX (+), 3DNow! (+), SSE, SSE2, SSE3, x86-64L1 Data cache (per processor)2 x 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64-byte line sizeL1 Instruction cache (per processor)2 x 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64-byte line sizeL2 cache (per processor)2 x 512 KBytes, 16-way set associative, 64-byte line sizeChipset & Memory NorthbridgeNVIDIA MCP61 rev. A3SouthbridgeNVIDIA MCP61 rev. A2Graphic InterfacePCI-ExpressPCI-E Link Widthx16PCI-E Max Link Widthx16Memory TypeDDR2Memory Size3072 MBytesMemory Frequency326.5 MHz (CPU/8)CAS# Latency (tCL)5.0 clocksRAS# to CAS# (tRCD)5 clocksRAS# Precharge (tRP)5 clocksCycle Time (tRAS)15 clocksBank Cycle Time (tRC)21 clocksCommand Rate (CR)2TSystem System ManufacturerDell Inc.System NameInspiron 531sSystem S/NDBCCBBXMainboard VendorDell Inc.Mainboard Model0RY206BIOS VendorDell Inc.BIOS Version1.0.12BIOS Date06/02/2008Memory SPD Module 1DDR2, PC2-5300 (333 MHz), 512 MBytes, Hyundai ElectronicsModule 2DDR2, PC2-5300 (333 MHz), 512 MBytes, Hyundai ElectronicsModule 3DDR2, PC2-6400 (400 MHz), 1024 MBytes, A-Data TechnologyModule 4DDR2, PC2-6400 (400 MHz), 1024 MBytes, A-Data TechnologySoftware Windows VersionMicrosoft Windows Vista (6.0) Home Basic Edition (Build 6000) DirectX Version10.0

Installed on my AMD system, worked great except that voodoo 9.5 rev 1 panics when trying to mount XCode. It could previously mount Xcode on my lawless/voodoo install. This makes the distro useless to me as I cannot install essential software.

If anyone finds a solution please post and/or PM me.

GA-MA78GM-S2H

- 780G, ALC 889A, Firewire + eSATA

6000+ (89W) - 4 GB Corsiar DDR2 - 1 500 GB WD HDD - 2 500 GB Seagate 7200.11 HDD - Sapphire 3650 512 MB DDR2 - Dlink DWL-530

Icaarus, if this occurs when you try to mount any .dmg file, then you need to do a simple fix.

You need to install the seatbelt kext from 10.5.5. Something with the seatbelt kext from 10.5.6 provided, and the voodoo kernel, well I tried with 2 different kernels and ended up with the same problem, doesn't work out right.

Eh, found a small problem, which this isn't a big issue since I can use VLC player honestly, but the DVD player, is broken?

jpkb0.jpg

w536.png

Those bugs are already fixed. They will come in the next PPF. Thanks for the feedback.

BTW if you want to get the DVDPlayer fixed (I might take a while for the PPF) here is the package. Just install:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XI22U9X9

You don't need to reinstall. What you need to do, is download the 10.5.5 combo update from apple, use pacifist to get in the package, locate seatbelt.kext and extract to from the package to your computer, and install and replace the 10.5.5 kext with the kext installed in the OS already. If you don't understand fully, feel free to pm me for more help.