661 posts in this topic

XxX_x86_10.5.6 PPF3 is out. Get it at the usual tracker

Main features:

-NVidia extended support for over a 250 different NVidia 7xxx, 8xxx, 9xxx cards

-Updated Radeon HD drivers

-Better organization of the installer menu items

-Some obsolete drivers removed

-Few more drivers and fixes.

I have not atempted to fix the SB600 SATA problems; theres mixed results so I cannot know exactly what the problem is. For those people with SB600 problems I recommend generating a custom kextcache for your own system and replace the one inside the ISO.

Will this DVD boot from a PATA drive attached to a Marvell 88SE6121 controller?

Vendor/Device ID is 11ab6121 - It works with the drivers for the 6111 if it has the device ID in the plist.

I've seen on screenshots that this driver is available under Custom Install, but that doesn't mean the DVD will actually boot on this device. Does anybody know?

Maybe someone here could have a look inside the extensions.mkext used for boot.

The Marvell PATA controller chipsets use AppleVIAATA.kext.

/edit

Burned it.. nope, doesn't boot. "Still Waiting For Root Device".

Please consider including support for booting with Marvell 61xx PATA on the next DVD (or in PPF format).

This one works well and is patched to work on systems with more than 2.5GB RAM:

http://code.google.com/p/darwin-ata/downloads/list

Original thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...amp;mode=linear

Main features:

I have not atempted to fix the SB600 SATA problems; theres mixed results so I cannot know exactly what the problem is. For those people with SB600 problems I recommend generating a custom kextcache for your own system and replace the one inside the ISO.

Thanks for PPF3, BlackCH.

But, to what ISO it should applied?

I just patch XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.iso with PPF3, but got unmatched MD5.

9e5e52de916eacc9314528946d5ad65b

your provided MD5:

fa0f34bd1117102d4a90d535dd145240

Main features:

Hi

I am having problems with the update..

I have a XxX_10.5.6_Leo_Install_Disc_Rev1 ISO (XxX_10.5.6_Leo_Install_Disc.iso)

MD5: 1bf2a12958576b9e49379c0723d30b9f

Then I downloaded XxX_10.5.6_Final_PPF3

MD5: 5257b7ab9bcccb0dbd51841036ce72d9v

I used PPF-O-Matic v3.0 to add these two

The resultant MD5 was

MD5: ddbeb3434372c4e23adc09d4eb1b77ca

The MD5 does not match what u gave in the iso..

Then now I burn and try to boot with it.. the computer is stuck.. not booting.. just a blinking cursor.. and then the comp keeps rebooting with same result

the original XxX_10.5.6_Leo_Install_Disc_Rev1 which I downloaded is working fine as it is

please help

Thanks for PPF3, BlackCH.

But, to what ISO it should applied?

I just patch XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.iso with PPF3, but got unmatched MD5.

9e5e52de916eacc9314528946d5ad65b

your provided MD5:

should be used ONLY on XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.iso (MD5: DDA0229709C2305659760341E1ABAE75)

I just rechecked and I got the right MD5. Please make sure you have the right MD5 before and after patching.

Hi BlackCH

I downloaded XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.iso and patched it.. I got the correct MD5 as mentioned..

But now I have another problems

I select some kexts , tools etc and start to install

I get the error that the stuff I am trying to install is missing from the DVD or I am not connected to the internet.

I was thinking whatever you have mentioned in the menu should be on the DVD right?? Do i have to be connected to the internet??

It comes with a big yellow exclamation mark in a triangle stating I am missing the file on the DVD.

Hi BlackCH

I downloaded XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.iso and patched it.. I got the correct MD5 as mentioned..

But now I have another problems

I select some kexts , tools etc and start to install

I get the error that the stuff I am trying to install is missing from the DVD or I am not connected to the internet.

I was thinking whatever you have mentioned in the menu should be on the DVD right?? Do i have to be connected to the internet??

It comes with a big yellow exclamation mark in a triangle stating I am missing the file on the DVD.

All packages should be on the ISO, and no, you shouldnt be connected to internet.

I'll do more testd here; Im starting to think theres something wrong with the ISO.... Stay put, if the ISO is corrupt or something I will upload a new one.

I have problem adding device to bluetooth (generic USB bluetooth) when install using this release. I'm using Kalyway on another hdd and I can do that normally. However, under new install of XxX (MD5 DDA0229709C2305659760341E1ABAE75), the step where they connect to the phone (and/or mouse) seems to take forever. When I add the computer from the phone, everything seems to be ok though. I can't do that with the bluetooth mouse.

Is there a known bug for bluetooth device in 10.5.6 I should know? Or is it release specific.

Thank you, I'm using P5K-VM board and everything works OOB, except for this bluetooth issue.

All packages should be on the ISO, and no, you shouldnt be connected to internet.

I'll do more testd here; Im starting to think theres something wrong with the ISO.... Stay put, if the ISO is corrupt or something I will upload a new one.

to make it easier for you, if you have screenshots of the menu, I can circle out what all I am trying to install and you can then check if they are missing or something

to make it easier for you, if you have screenshots of the menu, I can circle out what all I am trying to install and you can then check if they are missing or something

There are two packages which wont install: GMAx3500, and TrackpadPrefpane fix. If you select them the installer will fail.

Anyway Im building a new ISO because there are many discrepancies about the MD5 checksums;

There are two packages which wont install: GMAx3500, and TrackpadPrefpane fix. If you select them the installer will fail.

Anyway Im building a new ISO because there are many discrepancies about the MD5 checksums;

yeah I was doing trackpadprefpane..

Anyways waiting for a new ISO asap.. cause today is sunday and i can play around with it :(

I had no problems with MD5 (previously I used a wrong ISO) .. so i think that part is allright

I guess when you post the new ISO (hopefully today :wacko: ) put a bit more descp as to what ISO to use (and its MD5) and other things for us n00b so that u are not bugged all the time with the Q :)

Awaiting a new release

Hi guys,

Newbie here. I downloaded the X86 10.5.6 final release build. I booted the install disk and created the partition.the installation seems to be fine but as soon as it boots back up it is stuck on the grey screen with the apple logo. Not sure what to do here. Anybody has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

Comp info

Dell xps 400

Intel core 2 2.0 ghz

1 gig ram

ATI radeon x200 256mb

160 gigs

Hey BlackCH

I installed (leaving the thing u mentioned)

Everything worked fine.. I have a HP dv6000 laptop.. even sleep works perfectly..

It detected my bluetooth as well.. But then I did an software update and rebooted, the system cannot detect my bluetooth now.. I dont know what else is broken but bluetooth is broken for sure..

How can I fix this.. which kext to use to install HP bluetooth inbuilt ..

will update further experience later.. thanks

should be used ONLY on XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.iso (MD5: DDA0229709C2305659760341E1ABAE75)

I just rechecked and I got the right MD5. Please make sure you have the right MD5 before and after patching.

thanks for recheck.

you're right.

my MD5 of original ISO was changed, maybe it changed when I mount the ISO and restore to USB stick.

I forgot to set the ISO as read only.

thanks for recheck.

you're right.

my MD5 of original ISO was changed, maybe it changed when I mount the ISO and restore to USB stick.

I forgot to set the ISO as read only.

The problem is that the ISO mounts as readwrite by default. If you are carefull about this there shouldnt be a problem.

Anyway, the patch seems to work fine (exept for those two items that wont install) with the right ISO... So I will put on hold the new ISO for now....

Hey everyone,

This works great on my system. This release is fantastic. This is the second distro that will work on my system, Leo4all is the only other that will work.

I had issues initially with my wireless card DWA-552 but I was able to resolve them by using the kext from 10.5.2. I was having random kernel panic prior to changing the kext but that immediately went away once I replaced the 10.5.6 kext with 10.5.2 kext. I had the same issue with Leo4Allv4.1. I don't know why my card causes system instability on any version other than 10.5.2. I have CI/QE and full resolution with my MSI NX8400GS 256MB by using EFI strings. The only two things I have not resolved just yet is how to update the processor in the About This Mac and getting Sleep to function. For some reason it shows a Intel Duo Core processor when I really have an AMD x64 X2 and when I click Sleep the computer does not sleep, it just hangs with the display off. I usually have to reboot when attempting sleep because the system becomes unresponsive and my display turns off :-/. Other than my two issues, which I think are non-critical, I really think this was done well.

Correction: my system's kernel began panicking several days after install with no indication as to what triggered it. I know it had to do with the kext from 10.5.2. I don't particularly understand why the kext were fine for a few days then made the system unstable. So I reinstalled using the Anv 9.6 Kernel. Previously, I had installed using Voodoo 9.5. Hopefully this will do the trick. No kernel panics thus far.

Great job on this release!!!

Hey BlackCH

Can we use this ISO to install from USB / HDD for faster installation??

I have been doing like 30 installations now to get perfect match for system..and a DVD does not help very well in this..

please guide if there is a way..

Just finished downloading xxx final BUT i get a md5 of:

924D849F3CA9683CC568B886BD882BD7 instead of:

DDA0229709C2305659760341E1ABAE75 help! why! do i have to download the whole thing again??

EDIT:

now just downloaded the PPF3 patch and i get a different md5 for that file!!

5257B7AB9BCCCB0DBD51841036CE72D9 instead of:

is this a problem coz of mac / pc??

Hey BlackCH

Can we use this ISO to install from USB / HDD for faster installation??

I have been doing like 30 installations now to get perfect match for system..and a DVD does not help very well in this..

please guide if there is a way..

as long as you boot from the actual USB drive containing the installer, it shouldnt be a problem (on some systems USB mouse/keys doesnt work when using this method -you need to try). You can execute the installer from a running OSX installation too but the bootloader script will fail, so you need to uncheck chameleon (or any optional bootloader) and install a bootloader afterwards.

Well im typing this from XxX patched PPF3 install so far so good!

Nice and clean install, good to see some funny anomalies gone like opening zip files take you directly to the newly unzipped folder now work and there isn't a bunch of folders that are meant to be hidden etc in finder...

Will now give it a go on a older pc with a 5200 graphics card as i noticed some kexts in the options there for it! - if that works woot!

Will install it again tho on me main fast hdd with some slight mods as it doesn't shutdown properly even after selecting the halt restart mod - will try it without but looks good!

Not too sure why all the different md5 id's but hey it works so who cares!

Thanks BlackCH

Well im typing this from XxX patched PPF3 install so far so good!

Nice and clean install, good to see some funny anomalies gone like opening zip files take you directly to the newly unzipped folder now work and there isn't a bunch of folders that are meant to be hidden etc in finder...

Will now give it a go on a older pc with a 5200 graphics card as i noticed some kexts in the options there for it! - if that works woot!

Will install it again tho on me main fast hdd with some slight mods as it doesn't shutdown properly even after selecting the halt restart mod - will try it without but looks good!

Not too sure why all the different md5 id's but hey it works so who cares!

Thanks BlackCH

Good you get it working. The reason of the different md5 checksum is probably due the ISO mount as read-write by default so its content may change by even browsing it. But well, seems to work anyway

The image cant boot - causes kernel panic.

specs

asus p5ke wifi

nv 8600 gt 256mb

ich9r

jmicron

ad1988b sound (not totally sure)

realtek wireless (which I depend on, no room for wired net, unfortantely)

running on iatkos 10.5.4 which I upgraded to 10.5.6 through netkas chameleon boot and dsts, with difficulty but destroyed with security update. Therefore I tried this one, but no luck. Now I am running on a backup from a usb-drive, luckily I can get carbon-copycloner to work since Timemachine also went away...

from denmark

well sig is inaccurate on the vanilla-part