660 replies to this topic

Cannibul

Cannibul

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Figured out what my problem was.

Had the Gigabyte SATA controller enabled in the BIOS and that was causing the panic.

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,615 posts

I know this thread and it works partially with a 10.5.4 installation, but when I try it on the 10.5.6 installtion i get no QE, so i thought maybe i am doing something wrong ;).

By the way, do you know mainboards with intel g35 chips (asus p5e-vm hdmi) and can tell me which patches are a good choice ;). For exampel should I choose the new or the old ICH files, I have an ICH 9. And which SMBios i should choose :)

mmm... well, then I guess you need to get a Pci-e card if you want QE/CI.... Those are the only drivers for x3500 I know. Get a cheap NVidia card (even 7300 would do)

I guess that board is very similar to mine (P5K-VM)
For mine I would choose:

all essential kexts (that includes the SMBIOS injector)
HPETDisabler
AnV kernel or Voodoo kernel (you also can run Vanilla kernel, in that case select none)
ICHx driver (Any of them but only one)
AppleAHCIPort extended
Jmicron
NVkush (for my NV7600GT)
ALC883_spdif
Yukon 88E8056
GenericCPUPowerManag 1.1.3
OpenHaltRestart
AHCI Fix
Bootprompt
SysProfilerFix
LocalTimeToogle (If you dual boot with windows)
all Tools

inx1tmp

inx1tmp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Yeah I think that too, but then I am giving back that mainboard because it was a little bit too expansiv for such an old board (100 Eur). Perhaps I should try one of the new mainboards with GeForce 9300/9400 ;)

Il Francy MacPc

Il Francy MacPc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hi BlackCH,
thanks for the time you put into this new release :)
I'm afraid this time I had no luck :D
I tried first a clean install, but entered a loop in the last minutes of the progress bar and then it freezed. The DVD was spinning and spinning. This happened before w/ other distros also to other people who reported that, too. I used to reboot manually and the install was done correctly, but here I have still waiting 4 boot...
I decided to restart from scratch because I noticed it was very slow to install (3 hours, I usually get it done in 1). I first selected : Essential System Software, X11, ChameleonSMBIOS, DSDT Patcher, Essential System Kexts, AppleHPETDisabler, AnV 10.5.6 kernel (AMD/Intel), VIA-SB, AC97_Sis7012, PCGeneric Realteck8139 Ethernet, IOUSBFamily 328 Plugins, KeyboardPrefPane_10.5.5, LocalTimeToggle, EFIStudio, IORegistryExplorer, PackageMaker, DPCIManager, mkextMaker, DSDTPatcherGUI, MKextTool, PlistEditPro, PCITools 3.0.0, HimmelBar.
On second try I wiped the partition again (overwritten 1 time) and installed a minimal selection that worked w/ your past distros : Voodoo 9.5.0 1.0 (Intel/AMD) just in case this was the issue, no X11 and Tools to be quicker. It was so slow anyway that the progress bar did not flow, same 3 hours as before :(
Tomorrow morning I'll try again. The only different setting was the disabled floppy disk in bios.
MD5 is matching and DVD was burnt at 2,4x
Cheers and thanks anyway :)

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,615 posts

Hi BlackCH,
thanks for the time you put into this new release :)
I'm afraid this time I had no luck :D
I tried first a clean install, but entered a loop in the last minutes of the progress bar and then it freezed. The DVD was spinning and spinning. This happened before w/ other distros also to other people who reported that, too. I used to reboot manually and the install was done correctly, but here I have still waiting 4 boot...
I decided to restart from scratch because I noticed it was very slow to install (3 hours, I usually get it done in 1). It was so slow anyway that the progress bar did not flow, same 3 hours as before :(
Tomorrow morning I'll try again. The only different setting was the disabled floppy disk in bios.
MD5 is matching and DVD was burnt at 2,4x
Cheers and thanks anyway :)

If you can; replace the extensions.mkext file (System/Library) from the new iso with the one from the old distro (the one that works for you); reburn.

deven_suicidal

deven_suicidal

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Help
During installation, it cannot detect my SATA drive, what can i do to make it recognize my SATA drive?
my spec:
AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 3600+
ATI SB600 Chipest
3 GB RAM
40 GB IDE [windows xp]
500 GB SATA
-210 GB [MAC]
-110 GB [Vista]
-80 GB [Shared]
Geforce 8400 SE 512MB
Realtek HD Audio
Realtek RTL8101E Lan

Wejgomi

Wejgomi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Posted Image

errm.. Ati SB600 I say, most face this problem with the same setup, even in AHCI mode.

Perhaps some Device IDs are missing ? :unsure:

PS: sorry for the huge image, the resize option appears to be gone.

Dragos1900

Dragos1900

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi there,
I have the same problem and I do not really understand what it is.
Please help.

My hardware specs:
ASUS P5B, Chipset Intel P965 / ICH8; JMicron JMB363 PATA and SATA controller; CPU Intel E6550 2.3GHz; 4GB RAM; 2* HDD SATA Seagate (400GB & 250GB); 1*SATA DVD Asus; Video GF 8800GT 512MB

This configuration works fine on 10.5.5.

Thank you.
Cheers
Dragos

Attached Files

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,615 posts

errm.. Ati SB600 I say, most face this problem with the same setup, even in AHCI mode.

Perhaps some Device IDs are missing ? :unsure: .

Hi there,
I have the same problem and I do not really understand what it is.
Please help.
My hardware specs:
ASUS P5B, Chipset Intel P965 / ICH8; JMicron JMB363 PATA and SATA controller; CPU Intel E6550 2.3GHz; 4GB RAM; 2* HDD SATA Seagate (400GB & 250GB); 1*SATA DVD Asus; Video GF 8800GT 512MB

This configuration works fine on 10.5.5.

I assume you get this booting the DVD (you are not clear about that).
Try booting with the following flags:

-mach_kernel_2
-platform=acpi

pimpinmonkey247

pimpinmonkey247

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Good to see the final out ill have it downloaded and seeded soon im still working with all of my hardware getting it good with leopard having little problems but hopefully soon it will all be supported but anyways keep up the good work

ran22

ran22

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Hi BlackCh

everything is working fine except my ethernet. im just wondrin my tplink8139d is not detected i chose this option Pcgeneric Realtek8139 but stll no success.

fyrekrig

fyrekrig

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Just successfully installed on an Asrock Conroe 1333. Thanks very much for your work.

Only problem is sound from the the ALC888 chipset.
All channels are shown, both in and out but nothing working. Used the new ALC888 option during install.

Only way to get any sound is with Azalia package, however only output no mic.

What should I try to get it all working?

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,615 posts

Hi BlackCh

everything is working fine except my ethernet. im just wondrin my tplink8139d is not detected i chose this option Pcgeneric Realtek8139 but stll no success.

First check you have 'PCGenRTL8139Ethernet.kext' on /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ . Also the folder should NOT contain AppleRTL8139Ethernet.kext.
If so then can be a problem about your PCI buses not being readed right. Try installing 'IOPCIFamily254' or 'PCCard_Fix' (one at the time) from 'Others' menu.

Just successfully installed on an Asrock Conroe 1333. Thanks very much for your work.
Only problem is sound from the the ALC888 chipset.
All channels are shown, both in and out but nothing working. Used the new ALC888 option during install.
Only way to get any sound is with Azalia package, however only output no mic.
What should I try to get it all working?

theres 5 alc 888 drivers on the DVD. You have to try them all (one at the time!).
If you dont want to reinstall, just extract the content of the package drivers (XxX.ISO/System/Installation/Packages/Patches/Sound) on to your desktop and install it with kexthelper.

homer007

homer007

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
Posted Image

i am having this problem does anyone know how to over come that!! then after that it says still waiting for root device!!

Il Francy MacPc

Il Francy MacPc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Hi BlackCH,
sadly this did not work ;)

If you can; replace the extensions.mkext file (System/Library) from the new iso with the one from the old distro (the one that works for you); reburn.

Did w/ TransMac, but same dvd freezing loop at 5 minutes to the end and "still waiting for root device". Tried again to boot -v -f rd=disk0 or rd=disk0s2 I googled and it doesn't seem to be any solution, I remember someone was having my same issue back in the leo4all v3 days, but now can not find anything related :P
Time to upgrade at least my motherboard has really come now because it has always been a pain, but unfortunately I must be cheap. No one here is selling P5K-VM anymore, example :(
I do not want to be feeded, I understand the importance of self-learning and simply reading your suggestions on this thread was learning a lot. So only if you have time and will for some advice, I'll appreciate as always. You are one of the kindest developers helping everyone to fix customization issues even going beyond what could be the personal goal to improve your distro. Your helping here is a big value added. Thanks a lot :)

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,615 posts

You are one of the kindest developers helping everyone to fix customization issues even going beyond what could be the personal goal to improve your distro. Your helping here is a big value added. Thanks a lot ;)

no problem man,
Im not really a 'dev', more like a 'packer' I would say...
Anyway, you are welcome

Now back to your problem; thats very strange since, the ISO should behave in the same way when it has the same .mkext file... did you tryed the old iso to see if it does the same?....
Well, upgrade the mobo is a good idea. I have actually a P5K-VM (not for sale), and it works very fine... theres quite a few 50-70 boards that can also work ok...

Il Francy MacPc

Il Francy MacPc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

did you tryed the old iso to see if it does the same?....

It used to work ok. Right now I'm re-burning XxX_10.5.6_Leo_Install_Disc_Rev1 + ppf1 (= XxX_10.5.6_Leo_Install_Disc.iso) to re-install it. This is to check, but I'm sure it works because I already installed both XxX_10.5.6_Leo_Install_Disc_Rev1 and XxX_10.5.6_Leo_Install_Disc_Rev1 + ppf1 many times to test them.

Il Francy MacPc

Il Francy MacPc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Before reinstalling the working revision 1 + ppf I wanted to re-do the Extensions.mkext swap from OSX, this time.
Wrote a report on what I did. This can be useful to other people wanting to add boot kexts to the DVD.

Show hidden files w/ OnyX
In Terminal:
sudo su
sh-3.2# hdiutil convert "/Volumes/Data250/XxX_10.5.6_Leo_Install_Disc.iso" -format UDRW -o "/Volumes/disk0s2/XxX_10.5.6_Leo_Install_Disc.dmg"
Reading Driver Descriptor Map (DDM : 0)…
Reading Apple (Apple_partition_map : 1)…
Reading XXX_105_LEO_INSTALL_DISC (Apple_ISO : 2)…
Reading DiscRecording 4.0.1d5 (Apple_HFS : 3)…
Elapsed Time: 2m 19.270s
Speed: 30.1Mbytes/sec
Savings: 0.0%
created: /Volumes/disk0s2/XxX_10.5.6_Leo_Install_Disc.dmg
sh-3.2# hdiutil convert "/Volumes/Data250/XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.iso" -format UDRW -o "/Volumes/disk0s2/XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.dmg"
Reading Driver Descriptor Map (DDM : 0)…
Reading Apple (Apple_partition_map : 1)…
Reading osx86dvd (Apple_ISO : 2)…
Reading (Apple_Free : 3)…
Reading osx86dvd (Apple_HFS : 4)…
Elapsed Time: 2m 19.147s
Speed: 32.2Mbytes/sec
Savings: 0.0%
created: /Volumes/disk0s2/XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.dmg
Mounted the dmg
sh-3.2# mkdir /DVD_Extensions
sh-3.2# mkextunpack -d /DVD_Extensions /Volumes/XxX_10.5.6_Leo_Install_Disc_Rev1b/System/Library/Extensions.mkext
Here I could have added the kexts wanted in the bootup Extension.mkext
sh-3.2# chown -R root:wheel /DVD_Extensions
sh-3.2# chmod -R 755 /DVD_Extensions
sh-3.2# kextcache -m /Extensions.mkext /DVD_Extensions
sh-3.2# hdiutil attach /Volumes/disk0s2/XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.dmg
/dev/disk2 Apple_partition_scheme
/dev/disk2s1 Apple_partition_map
/dev/disk2s3 Apple_HFS /Volumes/XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final
sh-3.2# rm -r /Volumes/XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final/System/Library/Extensions.mkext
sh-3.2# cp -R /Extensions.mkext /Volumes/XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final/System/Library/
Burned the dmg w/ Disk Utility at 2,4x
References:
http://tinyurl.com/av9s33
http://tinyurl.com/aazwjr
http://tinyurl.com/b7g8hp

No way, it hanged as usual w/ the DVD spinning loop :( This time I followed the Install log and the last items showed were:
Running kextcache -k /Volumes/disk0s2/System/Library/Extensions
Running ifcstart
Running update_dyld_shared_cache
Then the countdown showed 5 minutes, the flow bar stopped motion and DVD began spinning endlessly. After nearly one hour I turned power off and on restart Still waiting 4 root dev...
I'll stay w/ rev1

BlackCH

BlackCH

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,615 posts
I dont think there is a need to convert the ISO to DMG. You just mount it readwrite:

sudo hdiutil attach -readwrite -owners on /path/to/the/xxx.iso/

then build your mkext file (either with command line or mkextTool.app) and replace.

fyrekrig

fyrekrig

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

theres 5 alc 888 drivers on the DVD. You have to try them all (one at the time!).
If you dont want to reinstall, just extract the content of the package drivers (XxX.ISO/System/Installation/Packages/Patches/Sound) on to your desktop and install it with kexthelper.

I found the following alternatives

alc885-889a_ad2
ALC888.Audio
ALC888_3.Audio
alc888_3lineout
alc888_ad0
alc888_ad2
ALC888d.Audio

and tried them one at a time by installing the various AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext

with Kexthelper. However still no luck!

I am sure that I have seen in some posts (which I can't seem to find now) who got sound input working on ALC888 chipsets.

Will appreciate additional suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy