XxX_x86_10.5.6_Install_Disc_Universal_Final.v2

BlackCH

661 posts in this topic

Hey BlackCH,

Great release, awesome job! Runs great on my old asrock conroexfire esata2. Had to use an old Tiger kext I had to get my audio (2 chanel out, don't have a mic)... but audio has always been a pain for me with this board. Sleep has never worked for me on any release (work around- turn off the computer when you leave).

Stable Fast and all around great release. Thank you.

Hello,

I can say from the begining i'm fairly new in installing this on a regular PC ... but eager to try it.

My spec are:

HP xw6200 Workstation

DualProc Intel Xeon 2.8

Chipset Intel E7525

RAM 2GB

Graphics NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 Graphics Card (PCI-Express)

HDD SATA Maxtor 6E040T0

Audio AC '97 Integrated ADI 1981B Audio

Network The Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit NIC BCM5782

Till now i've tryed to install it. But when boot from HDD i have black screen and restart over and over again.

The steps i've made so far are: booting from DVD, partition HDD as 1 partition primary, customize and select just the audio which i found ... the rest i dodnt touch ...

Probably i should select more ... but i dont know what...

Can anyone suggest some customization please. (meanwhile i read more documentation)

Thx

Hello,

I can say from the begining i'm fairly new in installing this on a regular PC ... but eager to try it.

My spec are:

HP xw6200 Workstation

DualProc Intel Xeon 2.8

Chipset Intel E7525

RAM 2GB

Graphics NVIDIA Quadro NVS 280 Graphics Card (PCI-Express)

HDD SATA Maxtor 6E040T0

Audio AC '97 Integrated ADI 1981B Audio

Network The Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit NIC BCM5782

Till now i've tryed to install it. But when boot from HDD i have black screen and restart over and over again.

The steps i've made so far are: booting from DVD, partition HDD as 1 partition primary, customize and select just the audio which i found ... the rest i dodnt touch ...

Probably i should select more ... but i dont know what...

Can anyone suggest some customization please. (meanwhile i read more documentation)

Thx

Dual Xeon.... mmmm. I would have said it should work with what you've installed.... but seems not.

add the Voodoo kernel (9.5.0) to start with... (And leave the default selection checked)

I honestly dont know about the chipset. As far as I know you are the first person to try my distro on that...

Let me know how it goes. Im kind of busy these days but I'll try to help you

Also run a search to see if someone has installed OSX in a similar system...

Your quadro 280 might be problematic... but that comes later

Hello BlackCH,

Ur distro is working on HP AMD Turion laptop (DV6815nr) with MCP67 chipset, the only problem is, am able to install ur distro with the help of the bootloader 'idlehalt=0", this one making my laptop really hotter and the fan is always on it never goes calm ( hope i dont wreck off my heat sink).

I have one question is there any alternative bootloader to this idlehalt=0 ( i have tried all other bootloaders such as -v -x X86Platform etc...) so that i can use it instead of idlehalt=0. why do you think my laptop is hotter ? do you think this issue is only on AMD dual core processors or does this also Intel core 2 duo processors possess ? hope u find some alternative bootloader.

Keep up the good work BlackCH this is the first distro which helped me to install leopard on my HP AMD laptop with MCP67 chipset and also special thanks pimpinmonkey247 ur effort made me to install leopard sucessfully on my MCP67 chipset thanks once again.

Regards,

Macky

Dual Xeon.... mmmm. I would have said it should work with what you've installed.... but seems not.

add the Voodoo kernel (9.5.0) to start with... (And leave the default selection checked)

I honestly dont know about the chipset. As far as I know you are the first person to try my distro on that...

Let me know how it goes. Im kind of busy these days but I'll try to help you

Also run a search to see if someone has installed OSX in a similar system...

Your quadro 280 might be problematic... but that comes later

First thanks for the input.

So ... back from the tests ...

Finnally I've manage to make it boot from the HDD ...

I've checked the Voodoo kernel (9.5.0) as you said ...and regarding the chipset ...had at least 5 tests ...finally I've checked all of them and give it a go ... surprise ... it worked!!!

Now I'm in tests with the audio, network and finally with video (if this doesn't work probably I can change it with a Nvidia FX 1400; but i hope it will work as this computer is supposed to be part of a small renderfarm).

Got another question for u ... can i test/install drivers directly from OSX... Like if the graphic card doesnt work from the first test ... can i install other drives from DVD? (Something like add/remove Hardware from PC). OR i have to install all of it once again?

TKX

Hello BlackCH,

Ur distro is working on HP AMD Turion laptop (DV6815nr) with MCP67 chipset, the only problem is, am able to install ur distro with the help of the bootloader 'idlehalt=0", this one making my laptop really hotter and the fan is always on it never goes calm ( hope i dont wreck off my heat sink).

Take care of that, if is running too hot is not good at all.

You can try installing the LegacyACPIplugins or AppleACPIPlatform 10.5.5 packages. Both installs ACPIThermal.kext that might help to catch the thermal zones on your DSDT.... On top of that you can throttle your CPU with GenericCPUPowermanagement 1.1.3 package (it suppose to work on AMD, just test it)

First thanks for the input.

So ... back from the tests ...

Finnally I've manage to make it boot from the HDD ...

I've checked the Voodoo kernel (9.5.0) as you said ...and regarding the chipset ...had at least 5 tests ...finally I've checked all of them and give it a go ... surprise ... it worked!!!

Now I'm in tests with the audio, network and finally with video (if this doesn't work probably I can change it with a Nvidia FX 1400; but i hope it will work as this computer is supposed to be part of a small renderfarm).

Got another question for u ... can i test/install drivers directly from OSX... Like if the graphic card doesnt work from the first test ... can i install other drives from DVD? (Something like add/remove Hardware from PC). OR i have to install all of it once again?

TKX

You can install the drivers without reinstalling; the packages are at /System/Installation/Packages/Patches. However this directory is hidden; You will need some utility to make the finder show hidden items (it can be done from the terminal but I cannot recall the command right now). Once you find the package you want, you need to extract it to your desktop with Pacifist.app (free to download) and then install the extracted kexts with kexthelper (included on the ISO). DO NOT execute the packages as they are, they will install the files some place else!

I would like to know which kext is working on your chipset. Can you attach your kextstat output as a TXT file (type kextstat at the Terminal and copy/paste the output to a txt file; then attach it here) and maybe a list of the extensions shown in the systemprofiler (extensions section)....Thanx

You can install the drivers without reinstalling; the packages are at /System/Installation/Packages/Patches. However this directory is hidden; You will need some utility to make the finder show hidden items (it can be done from the terminal but I cannot recall the command right now). Once you find the package you want, you need to extract it to your desktop with Pacifist.app (free to download) and then install the extracted kexts with kexthelper (included on the ISO). DO NOT execute the packages as they are as they will install the files some place else!

I would like to know which kext is working on your chipset. Can you attach your kextstat output as a TXT file (type kextstat at the Terminal and copy/paste the output to a txt file; then attach it here) and maybe a list of the esxtensions shown in the systemprofiler (extensions section)....Thanx

I've done only the last part ... tomorrow i will continue my quest.

kextstat.txt

I've done only the last part ... tomorrow i will continue my quest.

Judging for your kextstat the kexts supporting your chipset ATA/SATA controller is the IOATAFamily.kext and the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext. These kexts are usually supporting intel ICH controllers. If you ever want to reinstall I think you will be fine by selecting just the 'ICHx' and 'AHCI extended' from 'chipset' menu...

Judging for your kextstat the kexts supporting your chipset ATA/SATA controller is the IOATAFamily.kext and the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext. These kexts are usually supporting intel ICH controllers. If you ever want to reinstall I think you will be fine by selecting just the 'ICHx' and 'AHCI extended' from 'chipset' menu...

Here is also the systemprofiler saved.

I've just pushed the install button with this new customise (your inputs) + some extra tools + try a setting 4 networking & audio.

I'll be back with the new situation. TKX

johnwave_bs_hp_workstation_xw6200.zip

Hi all,

Sorry for asking to most obvious question, but I have been trying to get a working installation for about a month now.

Have tried Kalyway, iAtkos, XXX and Ideneb.

What are your recommendations based on my specs if I choose to use the XXX distribution?

Specs are:

AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+

ASUS A8V (Via Chipset)

X1950 Pro AGP

IDE DVD

SATA HD

Thanks

Help

During installation, it cannot detect my SATA drive, what can i do to make it recognize my SATA drive?

my spec:

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 3600+

ATI SB600 Chipest

3 GB RAM

40 GB IDE [windows xp]

500 GB SATA

errm.. Ati SB600 I say, most face this problem with the same setup, even in AHCI mode.

Perhaps some Device IDs are missing ? :wacko:

I assume you get this booting the DVD (you are not clear about that).

Try booting with the following flags:

-mach_kernel_2

-platform=acpi

Well looks like my concerns about the huge image was justified, I made you miss the actual point, let me get into more details.

80663818zm1.png

This is the real issue about SB600 chipsets while loading XxX Setup(Dvd Booting).

No matter how many SATA(AHCI, IDE even RAID) or drive specific modes I have tried, it just wont recognize any of the Serial ATA Hard drives I have installed. And whats weird is I actually see the right kext getting loaded(Atiata.kext), yet it still won't wake up the device hence rendering it obselete. Btw, I have tried a few more compilations on the same chipset, they look fine.

Thanks for your time..

80663818zm1.png

This is the real issue about SB600 chipsets while loading XxX Setup(Dvd Booting).

No matter how many SATA(AHCI, IDE even RAID) or drive specific modes I have tried, it just wont recognize any of the Serial ATA Hard drives I have installed. And whats weird is I actually see the right kext getting loaded(Atiata.kext), yet it still won't wake up the device hence rendering it obselete. Btw, I have tried a few more compilations on the same chipset, they look fine.

BlackCH,

I know we might be bothering you quite a lot, but could you please fix this SB600 issue on the upcoming release, I'm having the same problem making XxX Setup see my SATA devices.

and as for the rig;

Ati SB600 Mobo

AMD X2 4800+

4gb DDR2 Ram

Ati X2400Pro Pcie

750GB WD SATA2 HDD

SB Audigy

Thanks already.. :unsure:

Am I the lucky one with SB600? Because I have no problems at all. My mainboard - Gigabyte GA-MA69G-S3H

You could try updating BIOS. This really helps, i remember one time it helped with Kalyway install - i couldn't boot without cpus=1, but after updating it boots!

Am I the lucky one with SB600? Because I have no problems at all. My mainboard - Gigabyte GA-MA69G-S3H

You could try updating BIOS. This really helps, i remember one time it helped with Kalyway install - i couldn't boot without cpus=1, but after updating it boots!

Which version of the ISO are you using?

UPDATE 03/02/2009

A new ISO is up at the usual place!

Although the installer has nearly the same options as before (includes the PPF1 and the unreleased PPF2) this is a whole new ISO based on 10.5.6 retail disk (build 9G66). This will get rid of all those localization bugs present on the Rev 2 ISO. The old ISO was based on a 10.5.4 disc, with a hacked 10.5.6 combo update on it; this hack was ugly and it was causing the problems some of you had noticed. With this new ISO you can get a clean retail install.

Besides that main highlight theres a few more small additions:

-AnV 10.5.6 kernel (AMD/Intel)

-Nforce mpc67 boot support

-NVkush custom ram bug fixed

-mkextMaker.app bug fixed

Does this one include all the printer drivers that are on the original Retail disk?

I have a hpDv1010us, Got the XXX FInal of leopard and tried to install it using the same options i used when the releases XXX 10.4.11, but no luck, i keep getting kernel panics that reboot right away and i get nothing when i boot in verbose mode. Id love to get this running, but im stuck as ive been looking for packages that will work for months now. Any help to get me going in the right direction?

Specs:

1.4 Ghz Celeron M (SSE2)

IDE HD

Generic AC97 Audio

RTL8139 NIC

INTEL 855 Family GME Graphics controller