how to get apple keyboard fully working in vista

yoluca

1 post in this topic

Hi all

I came here with my first post hopping someone can help me getting my apple keyboard working on vista.

basically most of the keys are working apart from volume control , pause .. eject drive ..

It will be nice to be able to use all this nice feature keys while we have them included.

I have done some google search too about it, but i couldnt find any good results.

I found some posts saying that i have to use boot camp to get it to work ... i tried but I did not manage to get it all the way.

here is the post

###Open the BootCamp1.4.dmg file with Transmac. It shows you a HFS+ Volume

Double click on it.

Drag and drop the Install Boot Camp Assistant.mpkg to the upper windows that represent you PC file system

Browse deep to the following directory either inside Transmac or on your computer:

Install Boot Camp Assistant.mpkg\Contents\Resources\BootCampAssistant.pkg\Contents

Here you have a file called Archive.pax.gz. This is the file we need

Extract the file content. I used WinRar for that but 7-Zip is also able to do it and also we will need 7-Zip in just a second as the Archive.pax.gz file only contains a .pax file that is an Apple compressed archive. Use 7-Zip to extract its content.###

so far everything work ... but now within the extracted archive i should find " DiskImage.dmg " . unfortunelly there is no such thing as DiskImage.dmg inside.

thats it for now ... if i find more useful post or something i will write back ,

I hope someone can help me sort this out and get my apple keyboard Fully working in vista.

thanks all