Dell XPS M1530 / M1330 AppleHDA Solutions (Sigmatel STAC 9228)

talisman

201 posts in this topic

We need a new AppleHDA for Sigmatel 9228 for Snow Leopard. VoodooHDA has issues (distortion after sleep - need to unload/load, settings are forgotten without helper, external mic doesn't work so good).

Here is the unmodified AppleHDA for 10.6: http://www.box.net/shared/c9988pc1yr

mormegil from infinitemac made modifications for Sigmatel 9228 but it didn't work for me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0edndniihml

It has codec id in the binary, pinconfigs in the HardwareConfigDriver and layouts in the PlatformDriver, not sure whats missing.

Didn't work for me either... I hope someone can make it work with the SL. Its way better than Voodoo...

• 2 weeks later...

I saw some development at infinite mac to mod AppleHDA, has anybody tried it?

http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/guide-how-t...da-to-sl-t3981/

Another thread: http://www.infinitemac.com/f57/solved-need...3835/page3.html

I'm attaching one of the modded files. It works but not 100% Some errors show up in verbose mode... Sleep/Wake works fine. Haven't tested deep sleep(hibernate) since I cannot get it to work again. Might have issues with new quicktime(?)

Snow_AppleHDA.kext.STAC9228_M1530.zip

• 4 weeks later...

donkey audio still not working? I have jimmyj9 dsdt which has HDEF inject script in the DSDT and I see audio pin out in System Profiler but no audio.

Do you have Audio working?

My BIOS sais its a Sigmatel 9205? Yet we are working with a 9228 chipset?

Did you put the HDA kext in the /efi/extra/exteneions? ANd leave the one in the system/library/extensions alone?

donkey audio still not working? I have jimmyj9 dsdt which has HDEF inject script in the DSDT and I see audio pin out in System Profiler but no audio.

Do you have Audio working?

My BIOS sais its a Sigmatel 9205? Yet we are working with a 9228 chipset?

Did you put the HDA kext in the /efi/extra/exteneions? ANd leave the one in the system/library/extensions alone?

Hey buddy,

Mine also says 9205. I'm using project osx VoodooHDA mod. It works great. I put it in /S/L/E becuase it won't work from /efi/ or /Extra.

It shows up as HDEF with DSDT.

• 3 weeks later...

Problem with Myst5 End of ages game. The game starts out fine with Audio then after the intro the Audio stops. Using VoodooHDA. Anyway to figure out why? Voodoo Debug messages? How can I monitor them when the game starts and when I close it to see what might be happening.

I have not seen any messages in the Kernel nor System logs that suggest that the Game nor the VoodooHDA is the problem?

My Audio also stops working after sleep/wake.

Same XPS M1530 and timmyj9's and using same DSDT.aml. Do we have a working Snow Leopard 10.6 AppleHDA audio yet? I ask because 10.5.7 Leopard STAC9228 and AppleHDA work perfect with the Game.

Oh forgot to mention I know its not the game because I plugged in a Cables to Go USB Audio and the Audio works 100% all throughout the game.

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I'm a m1330 user with Mac OS 10.6 and Darwin 10.0 Kernel. I installed using Empire EFI 1.8.

None of the extensions I've tried have given me sound. I just get crackling. I've tried the stable AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext but I get no sound devices. Nothing is working. I tried VoodooHDA but this isn't any better (and I don't know how to uninstall it lol).

Any help is greatly appreciated

PS There's no AppleAzalia extension to delete

• 1 month later...

I've tried the voodooHDA kext for Snow Leopard. And I've tried doing it via the AppleHDA Patcher + codec dump too. I can't seem to get it to work either way. Does voodooHDA commonly work in SL for m1530's?

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a new retail installation on my M1530, and I don't get Sound with your VoodooHDA.kext.

I installed it simply with Kext Helper into S/L/E/ , and repaired the permissions. There's no AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E/ .

What am I doing wrong?

THANKS for your great work !!!

For the M1530 people (might work for 1330 or other laptops too)

VoodooHDA now works fully with working internal mic. This is version 0.2.56 and was developed by Slice and others: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355

The only remaining problems are

1. The VoodooHDA does not load from /Extra/Extensions/ so you will have to put it in /S/L/E

2. The PrefPane settings reset on reboot/shutdown

Otherwise it is great to be able to hear AND speak.

Note: This is for Snow Leopard only.

You can find the files here

Hi I have a xps m1330 I have snow leopard 10.6.3 running well with a x3100 video card fully working but I can't get the sound to work I have voodoo sound kext but can only get sound from the headphone jack but not the internal speakers and help would be greatly appreciated . Anyone who has it working on there m1330 please point me too how you got it to work.

For the M1530 people (might work for 1330 or other laptops too)

VoodooHDA now works fully with working internal mic. This is version 0.2.56 and was developed by Slice and others: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=355

The only remaining problems are

1. The VoodooHDA does not load from /Extra/Extensions/ so you will have to put it in /S/L/E

2. The PrefPane settings reset on reboot/shutdown

Otherwise it is great to be able to hear AND speak.

Note: This is for Snow Leopard only.

You can find the files here

Note: make sure you set the input device to "Microphone (Digital)" to get the internal mic to work!

Took me a while to figure that one out!

Note: make sure you set the input device to "Microphone (Digital)" to get the internal mic to work!

Took me a while to figure that one out!

You can have it autoswitch by manually feeding in the pinconfigs using the Nodes to Patch section in the Info.plist. You basically have to put the two mics in the same group but as different objects. Best way to do it is to get the voodoo dumper to dump the pinconfig and edit that manually. I have not had the time to do all that... I'll look into that some day... now I am happy to have the mic working...!!

I had started work on this guide: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=465 however with that latest VoodooHDA and lack of time on my part it may be a while before I continue. If anyone's interested I have all the dumps required at the beginning apart from the voodoohda one, easy to obtain now.

Yes I had seen that post quite some time back. The problem is the administrators of ProjectOSX have not given me permission to post even after repeated requests and that has hampered me from contributing to both the VoodooHDA and the AppleHDA threads there...

I would definitely prefer to work on AppleHDA if I get some time. Even if VoodooHDA works quite well now, an AppleHDA would not hurt...

Yes I had seen that post quite some time back. The problem is the administrators of ProjectOSX have not given me permission to post even after repeated requests and that has hampered me from contributing to both the VoodooHDA and the AppleHDA threads there...

I would definitely prefer to work on AppleHDA if I get some time. Even if VoodooHDA works quite well now, an AppleHDA would not hurt...

I assume you've done the quiz to post there right..? Otherwise it limits new users to the newbie forum.

http://projectosx.com/forum/index.php?autocom=quiz

Well... well... I wish someone had told me that before (really mean I had realized it before..!!)... Its such a scary difficult test...!! Now I shall unleash myself on ProjectOSX...!!

Looking fwd to the input!

• 2 months later...

I've got a panic, after updating to 10.6.4.

org.voodoo.driver.voodoohda(0.2.56)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily(1.7.6fc2)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6.)
darwin kernel: 10.4.0

Does anybody know, how make this work?

• 2 months later...

Ok I have a m1330 and I have a 640 gig HD 100 gig is for MAC OS for now. I set it up to dual boot with SL and WIN7. Once I get it working I want to image both Operating systems so I don't have to deal with it again on this PC. The only thing I am having an issue with right now that bothers me is that I have no sound. probably no mic either. I have gone through so many kext files and none seem to work for me. I would consider myself advanced with windows, but today is my 4th day with a "MAC". I have MAC Drive 8 installed so I can access my kext files through windows 7.

Is it possible to copy/paste kexts in the correct location using MD8? Also I am a little confused when I download a zip file and it has 2 copies of kext files (one in a _MACOS file)

The other thing I file confusing is the E/E file, is that something I am supposed to create on the root drive? or is it something that is built in my boot disk? Not sure if this forum auto-sends to my email but if someone can help email me at ewalk216@gmail.com .

If it's possible I would even let someone remote in my computer if they can help me that way.

I am really looking forward to learning about MAC OS but no sound is driving me crazy.

Thanks.

I've got a panic, after updating to 10.6.4.

org.voodoo.driver.voodoohda(0.2.56)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily(1.7.6fc2)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6.)
darwin kernel: 10.4.0

Does anybody know, how make this work?

I have the same problem. Have you already fix it?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Dell M1330 lost sound after motherboard change. I'm searching threads now but no luck so far. The motherboard was under warranty and supposed to be an exact replacement from Dell. My apple OS had been working for over a year so I'm rusty on what info I need to supply to be more helpful in my post. I'm running the latest snow leopard and dual booting Win 7.

The one of two headphone jacks work but the internal speakers are what stopped working after the hardware change. Thank you in advance for your help.

Danny

• 3 years later...