Dell XPS M1530 / M1330 AppleHDA Solutions (Sigmatel STAC 9228)

talisman

201 posts in this topic

Hey Urthwhyte do you think you could go and change the path from 19 27 7 to 20 27 7 on MacGirl's and check if the mic works? I know the codecgraph doesn't show it but I'm just interested and it's worth a shot.

My bad I forgot to say to change the configdata. I made it, can you just try this?

FixNode20.zip

Hey Urthwhyte do you think you could go and change the path from 19 27 7 to 20 27 7 on MacGirl's and check if the mic works? I know the codecgraph doesn't show it but I'm just interested and it's worth a shot.

My bad I forgot to say to change the configdata. I made it, can you just try this?

FixNode20.zip

Again Ill drop my opinion and not do any actual work....

I don't think 20 will work. The fact that 19 actually responds in certain ways (as seen by macgirl in her working kext, and by me earlier in my non working kext) tells me that it has to be 19. What I think will make the difference is the code in the Info.plist. Can someone check if the king made any changes to the dsp kext info.plist? Something has to tell the driver that the mic is digital and the rest is not....

hi every one. i have a dell m1330 sigmatel 9228

I'm bit confuse about configdata

i get node and pindefault from codecdump how i get config data?

I read King post but get strange value rispect configdata in the first post

thanks

Try doing it from a vista pinconfigdata dump. Its a lot easier. You will find the instructions and links in the first post of this thread....

Macgirl: so does that mean that the mic is analog and so there's no point in pursuing stuff with DSP, or just that messing with pathmaps is not going to get us anywhere?

I am more than sure that the mic is digital and at 19. Now I do agree with Miacgirl.... it might need a patch of the binary... I am still swamped... Probably next week....

hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me, I installed AppleHDA.kext.M1330.zip by gbonilla and I finally have sound, I was wondering if it is possible to use either internal speakers or headphones, I have normal sound through speakers but if I connect the headphones I hear the sound from both, if I change output to headphones I get no sound at all, is it possible to avoid sound through speakers if I'm using headphones?

Thanks in advance!

hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me, I installed AppleHDA.kext.M1330.zip by gbonilla and I finally have sound, I was wondering if it is possible to use either internal speakers or headphones, I have normal sound through speakers but if I connect the headphones I hear the sound from both, if I change output to headphones I get no sound at all, is it possible to avoid sound through speakers if I'm using headphones?

Thanks in advance!

You should have autoswitching on one port.... Did you repair permissions after installing the kext? Macgirl and wingrunr21 are the best people to help you out.. Hunt them down....

Looks like it actually does work, if I plug the headphones in the first port i get sound though speakers and headphones, if I plug in the second port I get no sound at all but if I return to the first port it switches to headphones only and then the second port starts to work too.

Thanks.

If you can tell me what would need to be patched I could take a crack at it this weekend.

The mic is indeed digital. If the actual binary needs patched then someone is going to have to hex edit the AppleHDA binary and figure out what needs to be edited. Not an easy task. If we are going to continue to pursue a pathmaps avenue, perhaps browsing the ALSA source would be beneficial. I have attached the appropriate source files for ALSA 1.0.16 which apparently gives full support for the digital mic. Specifically, there is a struct called stac927x_pin_nids which may be of some use:

static hda_nid_t stac927x_pin_nids[14] = {
 0x0a, 0x0b, 0x0c, 0x0d, 0x0e,
 0x0f, 0x10, 0x11, 0x12, 0x13,
 0x14, 0x21, 0x22, 0x23,
};

hda.zip

I have tried several versions of AppleHDA combined with HDAEnabler in my EFI partition for a retail boot but none seem to load. I have even modified the Info.plist to change the version number to see if it 'prefers' this. Perhaps AppleAzaliaAudio needs to be disabled? Any ideas how to do this from EFI rather than deleting?

Thanks.

As with NVInject, AppleHDA.kext won't load from an EFI partition. I don't currently have OS X installed on my internal HD, and my backup is currently being used by a friend for a school project, but what I can do for you is modify the FixAppleHDA.kexts with the correct info for the M1530, and see if those will load up correctly from the EFI partition.

• 2 weeks later...

Where are the mics located on the m1530 and the m1330? Are they next to the mic and near the headphone ports?

On the Dell Inspiron 1525 the webcam mic is the 0x13 mic and there is another near the headphone ports which is 0x0c

The mic jack, which also is line output or line input is at front whre the other two jacks for headphones are, like this:

O O O

HP HP Mic

Mic port here is 0x0c

The internal mic array are two little holes arround the webcam, like this:

. º .

Mic port here is 0x13

HDMI Audio

Great work on the sound Kext Talisman! OS-X on my M1330 is at the point now where it works well enough that I'm using it more than Windows now. There is still one thing missing though that I have to use Windows for, and that's audio through the HDMI port. Have you or anyone tried this and got this to work? It's extremely useful for hooking up to my HDTV and to my HDMI monitor with speakers.

I'm using iAtkos v5i upgraded to 1.5.6 via auto updates, and I am using your stable M1330 drivers.