Dell XPS M1530 / M1330 AppleHDA Solutions (Sigmatel STAC 9228)

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

LogicalUnit

LogicalUnit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Guys,

I'm a m1330 user with Mac OS 10.6 and Darwin 10.0 Kernel. I installed using Empire EFI 1.8.

None of the extensions I've tried have given me sound. I just get crackling. I've tried the stable AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext but I get no sound devices. Nothing is working. I tried VoodooHDA but this isn't any better (and I don't know how to uninstall it lol).

Any help is greatly appreciated

PS There's no AppleAzalia extension to delete

Vinnymac

Vinnymac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Computer Creation and Destruction
I've tried the voodooHDA kext for Snow Leopard. And I've tried doing it via the AppleHDA Patcher + codec dump too. I can't seem to get it to work either way. Does voodooHDA commonly work in SL for m1530's?

iFranky

iFranky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
I've got a new retail installation on my M1530, and I don't get Sound with your VoodooHDA.kext.
I installed it simply with Kext Helper into S/L/E/ , and repaired the permissions. There's no AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E/ .
What am I doing wrong?

THANKS for your great work !!!

iFranky

iFranky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Ok, I've got it now, but after sleep the sound crackles...
is it normal, or what am I doing wrong, here?

talisman

talisman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
For the M1530 people (might work for 1330 or other laptops too)

VoodooHDA now works fully with working internal mic. This is version 0.2.56 and was developed by Slice and others: http://www.projectos...p?showtopic=355

The only remaining problems are

1. The VoodooHDA does not load from /Extra/Extensions/ so you will have to put it in /S/L/E
2. The PrefPane settings reset on reboot/shutdown

Otherwise it is great to be able to hear AND speak.

Note: This is for Snow Leopard only.

You can find the files here

traderdude

traderdude

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hi I have a xps m1330 I have snow leopard 10.6.3 running well with a x3100 video card fully working but I can't get the sound to work I have voodoo sound kext but can only get sound from the headphone jack but not the internal speakers and help would be greatly appreciated . Anyone who has it working on there m1330 please point me too how you got it to work.

Brett Whinnen

Brett Whinnen

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

For the M1530 people (might work for 1330 or other laptops too)

VoodooHDA now works fully with working internal mic. This is version 0.2.56 and was developed by Slice and others: http://www.projectos...p?showtopic=355

The only remaining problems are

1. The VoodooHDA does not load from /Extra/Extensions/ so you will have to put it in /S/L/E
2. The PrefPane settings reset on reboot/shutdown

Otherwise it is great to be able to hear AND speak.

Note: This is for Snow Leopard only.

You can find the files here

Note: make sure you set the input device to "Microphone (Digital)" to get the internal mic to work!

Took me a while to figure that one out!

talisman

talisman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Note: make sure you set the input device to "Microphone (Digital)" to get the internal mic to work!

Took me a while to figure that one out!

You can have it autoswitch by manually feeding in the pinconfigs using the Nodes to Patch section in the Info.plist. You basically have to put the two mics in the same group but as different objects. Best way to do it is to get the voodoo dumper to dump the pinconfig and edit that manually. I have not had the time to do all that... I'll look into that some day... now I am happy to have the mic working...!!

Neonkoala

Neonkoala

Neon Prowess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
I had started work on this guide: http://www.projectos...p?showtopic=465 however with that latest VoodooHDA and lack of time on my part it may be a while before I continue. If anyone's interested I have all the dumps required at the beginning apart from the voodoohda one, easy to obtain now.

Attached Files

talisman

talisman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

I had started work on this guide: http://www.projectos...p?showtopic=465 however with that latest VoodooHDA and lack of time on my part it may be a while before I continue. If anyone's interested I have all the dumps required at the beginning apart from the voodoohda one, easy to obtain now.

Yes I had seen that post quite some time back. The problem is the administrators of ProjectOSX have not given me permission to post even after repeated requests and that has hampered me from contributing to both the VoodooHDA and the AppleHDA threads there...

I would definitely prefer to work on AppleHDA if I get some time. Even if VoodooHDA works quite well now, an AppleHDA would not hurt...

Neonkoala

Neonkoala

Neon Prowess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Yes I had seen that post quite some time back. The problem is the administrators of ProjectOSX have not given me permission to post even after repeated requests and that has hampered me from contributing to both the VoodooHDA and the AppleHDA threads there...

I would definitely prefer to work on AppleHDA if I get some time. Even if VoodooHDA works quite well now, an AppleHDA would not hurt...

I assume you've done the quiz to post there right..? Otherwise it limits new users to the newbie forum.

http://projectosx.co...hp?autocom=quiz

talisman

talisman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

I assume you've done the quiz to post there right..? Otherwise it limits new users to the newbie forum.

http://projectosx.co...hp?autocom=quiz

Well... well... I wish someone had told me that before (really mean I had realized it before..!!)... Its such a scary difficult test...!! Now I shall unleash myself on ProjectOSX...!!

donkey

donkey

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Well... well... I wish someone had told me that before (really mean I had realized it before..!!)... Its such a scary difficult test...!! Now I shall unleash myself on ProjectOSX...!!

Looking fwd to the input!

iFranky

iFranky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
I've got a panic, after updating to 10.6.4.

org.voodoo.driver.voodoohda(0.2.56)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily(1.7.6fc2)
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6.)
darwin kernel: 10.4.0

Does anybody know, how make this work?

iFranky

iFranky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
no idea?

ericrwalker

ericrwalker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok I have a m1330 and I have a 640 gig HD 100 gig is for MAC OS for now. I set it up to dual boot with SL and WIN7. Once I get it working I want to image both Operating systems so I don't have to deal with it again on this PC. The only thing I am having an issue with right now that bothers me is that I have no sound. probably no mic either. I have gone through so many kext files and none seem to work for me. I would consider myself advanced with windows, but today is my 4th day with a "MAC". I have MAC Drive 8 installed so I can access my kext files through windows 7.

Is it possible to copy/paste kexts in the correct location using MD8? Also I am a little confused when I download a zip file and it has 2 copies of kext files (one in a _MACOS file)

The other thing I file confusing is the E/E file, is that something I am supposed to create on the root drive? or is it something that is built in my boot disk? Not sure if this forum auto-sends to my email but if someone can help email me at ewalk216@gmail.com .

If it's possible I would even let someone remote in my computer if they can help me that way.

I am really looking forward to learning about MAC OS but no sound is driving me crazy.

Thanks.

bombai

bombai

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

I've got a panic, after updating to 10.6.4.

org.voodoo.driver.voodoohda(0.2.56)
 dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOAudioFamily(1.7.6fc2)
 dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6.)
 darwin kernel: 10.4.0

Does anybody know, how make this work?

I have the same problem. Have you already fix it?

Thanks.

macdanny

macdanny

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Dell M1330 lost sound after motherboard change. I'm searching threads now but no luck so far. The motherboard was under warranty and supposed to be an exact replacement from Dell. My apple OS had been working for over a year so I'm rusty on what info I need to supply to be more helpful in my post. I'm running the latest snow leopard and dual booting Win 7.

The one of two headphone jacks work but the internal speakers are what stopped working after the hardware change. Thank you in advance for your help.

Danny

Cycloholic

Cycloholic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Any love for maverick users? i just installed it and i dont have internal mic :( (1530) anybody fixed it?

Cycloholic

Cycloholic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Actually i cant see my mic in prefpane, any suggestion?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy