GMA 950 External Monitor?

viper5dn

13 posts in this topic

hey Everyone, I just finished my install of 10.5.2 Kalyway and everything went great. I spent the last week or so trying to get all the misc things to work like USB and Audio. The last thing I have on my list is to connect to an external Dell Monitor. I have scoured the forums for a way to do it, I can't even figure out the place to detect my external monitor in OS X. I thought it would be in the "display" portion on the system preferences, but I cannot for the life of me find it. I have a Lenovo X60 tablet with the Intel GMA 950 (I installed the drivers when I installed OS X with the Kalyway disc). Any help would be great-- I know its a noob question but I need OS X in order to run some bio-imaging software we have in lab. Thanks everyone!

hey Everyone, I just finished my install of 10.5.2 Kalyway and everything went great. I spent the last week or so trying to get all the misc things to work like USB and Audio. The last thing I have on my list is to connect to an external Dell Monitor. I have scoured the forums for a way to do it, I can't even figure out the place to detect my external monitor in OS X. I thought it would be in the "display" portion on the system preferences, but I cannot for the life of me find it. I have a Lenovo X60 tablet with the Intel GMA 950 (I installed the drivers when I installed OS X with the Kalyway disc). Any help would be great-- I know its a noob question but I need OS X in order to run some bio-imaging software we have in lab. Thanks everyone!

When u connect the external monitor u need to "mirror on" the lcd of the lappy...system preferences and put ur monitor next to the time machine, volume, clock...etc...and work from there...tell me if it worked...isee u're online...

this is my card in system profiler:ATI Radeon HD 3650:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 3650

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x8

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9598

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B1480A-236

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.236

Displays:

BenQ FP51G:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated - THIS IS IMORTANT TOO...!!!

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off - 'CAUSE I HAVE ONE MONITOR RIGHT NOW...!!!...when u exten ur desktop to another monitor is on...

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported - AND THIS TOO...!!!...for running all the good stuff (programs...)...

Rotation: Supported

Display Connector:

using the system profiler, mine reads:

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x27a2

Revision ID: 0x0003

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Core Image: Software

Mirror: Off

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

How do I go about turning the Mirror to "on"? The external display is connected.

Okay i see what ur problem is...

First...

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x27a2

Revision ID: 0x0003

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Core Image: Software - u DON'T HAVE core image fully supported...Hardware Accelerated...!!!...for full supported...just try the DVD Player and u'll see what i'm talking about...error...

Mirror: Off

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported - is should be supported...HERE...!!!

i think u possiblely choose the wrong driver or something...it's a problem with gma 950 and fully supported 'cause it get on internal lappy monitor ARTIFACTS or also known as mouse tearing...(not with external)...but is

fully suported...so..are u sure is a 950 or 900 or so...give me full spec on the lappy so i can help u...can this is not a probelm without a solution...i also have a sony vaio vgn-n38z...with gma 950...so i know that is working...

it is entirely possible that i chose the wrong driver. When I installed the drivers off the kalyway disk, I checked the whole box for intel which included the GMA 950 and the other intel card (I forgot which one). Let me know what information you need from me. Thanks a lot for your help, I appreciate your time. [Edit] Since it seems like the problem is isolated to me, my AIM ID is viper5dn in case that is a better method to communicate. [Edit]

Second we find your problem...so...this is from kalyway 10.5.2...specs...Intel_GMA

GMA950 (tiger one full accelerated and resolution support but with mouse artifact) - this is u...!!! if u are gma 950...and if i remember correct the chip id from my lappy is the same as yours...so i think is a gma 950 after all...

GMAX3100 (not tested) - this is not u...!!! DON'T CHECK...!!!!!!...

and if the things are what supposed to be...u are for a treat...at the beginning if u want to reinstall and u'll know if u get the things how they should be...but if u choose not to reinstall u need to delete some kexts...and install some...if again u know what they are...i can help u...but for the first time can be frustrating...so what's gonna be...?!...

• 10 months later...