• Please log in to reply
843 replies to this topic

Beerkex'd

Beerkex'd

Content Provider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts
Yes it is the same GP9 they talk about in that thread but as I already said there's no way for me to tell if you need it or not.

Try with it and then try without it.

I know you've made your own legacy kext, that's why I didn't understand why you were asking. As I already told you via PM, after putting the 88E8056 in the DSDT you still need to load your patched kext - the vanilla kext does not include IDs for the 88E8056 and patching the DSDT does not change that fact.

If IntelCPUPowerblabla isn't working on your system, you still need to disable it after patching DSDT.

After patching DSDT, try without disabler.kext and if it crashes just put it back again.

Don't be afraid to experiment and don't expect to get it right the first time. Try different things and see what works better on your hardware. That's what everybody else does. If you are asking about these things because you are in a hurry your best option is to buy a real mac.

pet1

pet1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Interests:Trax and Hax

I have in a few ways and can't remember what settings I had.. I'm currently using a bios flash without the hdef audio checked. Although I am using the patched applehda.kext with "new 662". I get all of my ports working... But, if I select hidef audio when patching the bios file, I get the audio pane in the system profiler with all of the ports being detected but no sound device listed under sound in system preferences.. My question basically is, is the audio portion only for the 888 chipset?

It appears that it is intended for the 888 audio chipset... I have my bios flashed for hidef audio and am using the patched alc662 AppleHDA.kext. All works great as it was anyway.. I was trying to avoid using a patched applehda.kext. Looks like for this audio chipset you must.

Beerkex'd

Beerkex'd

Content Provider

• Members
  • 3,000 posts
Keep searching, use your audio chip number + DSDT as search term, maybe you'll find a post by someone who patched it into their DSDT manually and then you can 'borrow' their work..

UltraHKR

UltraHKR

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Someone please help me.....Unable to use PS/2 keyboard with patched DSDT.aml on root of partition

Biostar G31-M7 TE v6.3
Intel Pentium D 3.4GHZ
Apple OEM GeForce 7300GT 256MB
PS/2 Keyb & USB Mouse
2GB PC800MHz RAM
IDE 160GB HDD GPT -- Mac OS X 10.5.6
IDE DVD Drive
SATA 250GB HDD MBR -- Win XP SP3

Unable to boot any Hackintosh disc from JaS 10.4.8 to iDeneb 10.5.6 unless i set bios to single core mode and boot with "-s".
Already installed PS/2 fix from iDeneb Disk and

If i extract the DSDT Table from bios patch the CPU's and put it in root of partition, disable the single core option in bios it boots and recognizes the 2 Cores of the CPU....
But the DAMN PS/2 Keyboard goes to helll.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If i delete DSDT.aml from root or HDD and enable single core option in BIOS boot with "-s" it can boot but takes a lot of time to boot and keyboard works.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I already tried deleting only the CPU aliases and recompiling putting the resulting DSDT.aml in root of HDD and doesnt work.

I dont want to reflash the BIOS just in case i loose Keyboard.

Link to bios download page for mainboard
Bios Download page

Direct link to BIOS File for my motherboard
Direct link to BIOS File

pet1

pet1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
I have just noticed that my computer will not wake up from sleep after patching my bios... Any Ideas?

Beerkex'd

Beerkex'd

Content Provider

• Members
  • 3,000 posts

Someone please help me.....Unable to use PS/2 keyboard with patched DSDT.aml on root of partition

Try VoodooPS2Controller.

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=161496

Koplimi

Koplimi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Million dollar question.
What should I fill in under the network tab?

Hardware: Marvel Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

EFIStudio says:
<key>PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1c,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
		<dict>
		<key>built-in</key>
		<string>0x01</string>
		</dict>

lspci give me:
03:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller [11ab:4362] (rev 20)

My problem right now is that time machine says it cant find the built in network interface.
Hope anyone can help. Cheers!

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,885 posts
I would use ioregistryexplorer (part of xcode / i added) to see whats exact device.

Attached Files

Koplimi

Koplimi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

I would use ioregistryexplorer (part of xcode / i added) to see whats exact device.

Thanks! Worked perfectly!

FKA

FKA

are we there yet?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts
I have a GFX question.

My XFX nVidia 8600gt 512mb has VGA out (nearest to motherboard) and DVI out.
I have previously only used VGA out as my monitor is VGA.
I've recently connected my HDTV to the DVI out using a DVI to HDMI block.

To get the DVI out to work I have had to generate dsdt.aml without any GFX selected in the patcher (which obviously creates an error however the resulting dsdt.aml works.) then use OSx86 tools to generate EFI string - selecting generic nVidia card and stipulating nVCAP as vga+dvi as apposed to dvi+vga.

I have tried editing the nVCAP window in ACPI patcher, manually typing vga+dvi but this doesn't work for me.

Don't get me wrong my work around works and I have a beautiful 1920x1080 second desktop.
However it would be nice to have GFX fully functional using dsdt.aml.

Any help appreciated.

D

pet1

pet1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
I have reverted back to the original method. My system would not wake up from sleep when patching the actual bios. So I generated a dsdt.aml file with the gui patcher from another os x disk and placed at the root. I have tried many methods.. That being.. I used a clean bios file, used all proper fixes with no errors and 526 optimizations.. unfortunately sleep does not work.. Even If I generate a dsdt.aml file when I patch the bios file and put that at root, sleep still doesn't work. It seems when using this patcher altogether breaks sleep.

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,885 posts
Even with good dsdt.aml sleep maybe a problem !!!
Since Chameleon V12 my sleep didnt work on EP-EP35-DS3 it always reboots insted of waking up.
So i think dsdt patch isnt the problem or the solution.

pet1

pet1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Well... On my machine.. I have sleep working. If I patch dsdt using for example the dsdt patcher gui or command line version and put a dsdt.aml on my root, sleep works... If I apply the patches to the bios, sleep doesn't even wake up at all. I've tried so many variations... And anytime I patched the bios using the bios patcher, sleep didn't work. Even if I generated a dsdt.aml from the bios patcher, sleep still didn't work. It's definitely the problem.

chenqiwen

chenqiwen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have same mb as you ,the EP35 DS3,dsdt fixes my sleep problem

pet1

pet1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
I'm going to patch my bios again with this patcher and test some more. Anyone can feel free to join in.

chrS

chrS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Even with good dsdt.aml sleep maybe a problem !!!
Since Chameleon V12 my sleep didnt work on EP-EP35-DS3 it always reboots insted of waking up.
So i think dsdt patch isnt the problem or the solution.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but do you have "Restart after power failure" enabled in Preferences / Energy Saver? If not try it.

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,885 posts
I will try that, thanks. Will report result. That option named a bit ?? for an solution but i give a try.

GREAT: That option helped ! No wakeup works and ends not in an reboot .
Thanks !!!

pet1

pet1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
I don't have that option

pet1

pet1

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Well.. I'm able to get the system to wake up from sleep now but to a black screen. I took the dsdt.dsl from when I patched leopard with the DSDT gui patcher and imported it in the bios patcher. I applied all of the fixes and setup the hardware accordingly even though it says it gets ignored. the dsdt.dsl had 511 optimizations with no errors. After building it using the patcher it went to 521 with no errors.. So I'm able to get the computer to wake but like I said to a black screen. I'm assuming I need turn on "restart after power failure" but the option is not there. Any ideas on how I can get it?

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,885 posts

I don't have that option

Thats that Option "On power lost ..." , its in the Engery Saver Systempreferences, then TAB Options.

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy