ACPI (DSDT) Patcher for BIOS and AML

koalala

845 posts in this topic

Million dollar question.

What should I fill in under the network tab?

Hardware: Marvel Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller

EFIStudio says:

<key>PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1c,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
	<dict>
	<key>built-in</key>
	<string>0x01</string>
	</dict>

lspci give me:

03:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller [11ab:4362] (rev 20)

My problem right now is that time machine says it cant find the built in network interface.

Hope anyone can help. Cheers!

I have a GFX question.

My XFX nVidia 8600gt 512mb has VGA out (nearest to motherboard) and DVI out.

I have previously only used VGA out as my monitor is VGA.

I've recently connected my HDTV to the DVI out using a DVI to HDMI block.

To get the DVI out to work I have had to generate dsdt.aml without any GFX selected in the patcher (which obviously creates an error however the resulting dsdt.aml works.) then use OSx86 tools to generate EFI string - selecting generic nVidia card and stipulating nVCAP as vga+dvi as apposed to dvi+vga.

I have tried editing the nVCAP window in ACPI patcher, manually typing vga+dvi but this doesn't work for me.

Don't get me wrong my work around works and I have a beautiful 1920x1080 second desktop.

However it would be nice to have GFX fully functional using dsdt.aml.

Any help appreciated.

D

I have reverted back to the original method. My system would not wake up from sleep when patching the actual bios. So I generated a dsdt.aml file with the gui patcher from another os x disk and placed at the root. I have tried many methods.. That being.. I used a clean bios file, used all proper fixes with no errors and 526 optimizations.. unfortunately sleep does not work.. Even If I generate a dsdt.aml file when I patch the bios file and put that at root, sleep still doesn't work. It seems when using this patcher altogether breaks sleep.

Even with good dsdt.aml sleep maybe a problem !!!

Since Chameleon V12 my sleep didnt work on EP-EP35-DS3 it always reboots insted of waking up.

So i think dsdt patch isnt the problem or the solution.

Well... On my machine.. I have sleep working. If I patch dsdt using for example the dsdt patcher gui or command line version and put a dsdt.aml on my root, sleep works... If I apply the patches to the bios, sleep doesn't even wake up at all. I've tried so many variations... And anytime I patched the bios using the bios patcher, sleep didn't work. Even if I generated a dsdt.aml from the bios patcher, sleep still didn't work. It's definitely the problem.

Even with good dsdt.aml sleep maybe a problem !!!

Since Chameleon V12 my sleep didnt work on EP-EP35-DS3 it always reboots insted of waking up.

So i think dsdt patch isnt the problem or the solution.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but do you have "Restart after power failure" enabled in Preferences / Energy Saver? If not try it.

I will try that, thanks. Will report result. That option named a bit ?? for an solution but i give a try.

GREAT: That option helped ! No wakeup works and ends not in an reboot .

Thanks !!!

Well.. I'm able to get the system to wake up from sleep now but to a black screen. I took the dsdt.dsl from when I patched leopard with the DSDT gui patcher and imported it in the bios patcher. I applied all of the fixes and setup the hardware accordingly even though it says it gets ignored. the dsdt.dsl had 511 optimizations with no errors. After building it using the patcher it went to 521 with no errors.. So I'm able to get the computer to wake but like I said to a black screen. I'm assuming I need turn on "restart after power failure" but the option is not there. Any ideas on how I can get it?

Need a little help - anyone? I have a strange thing showing for the location of my GFX card in IOregistryExplorer.

What should I choose for the location of my Nvidia card? PCI 0, PCI 1, or something else? (see pic)

I see the location where other people's card address could be found as showing "pci-bridge@1" - what is that?

Any info appreciated!

post-85664-1239809591_thumb.jpg

Need a little help - anyone? I have a strange thing showing for the location of my GFX card in IOregistryExplorer.

What should I choose for the location of my Nvidia card? PCI 0, PCI 1, or something else? (see pic)

I see the location where other people's card address could be found as showing "pci-bridge@1" - what is that?

Any info appreciated!

IOregGFXloc.jpg

Use the output of IOACPIPlane selection insted of IOService to see the name of device you use for the dsdt patcher (PEX#, PCI#, PEGP,...). For example PEX4 is my LAN, PEGP my GPU.

Bild_110.jpg

Use the output of IOACPIPlane selection insted of IOService to see the name of device you use for the dsdt patcher (PEX#, PCI#, PEGP,...). For example PEX4 is my LAN, PEGP my GPU.

Thanks, but that still doesn't help me find mine - the Nvidia card doesn't show up anywhere in IOACPIPlane output. The ethernet and audio hardware shows up ok, but the graphics card is nowhere.

What I do see is the root of all the devices at PCI0@0, and there's no PCI 1, 2, 3 or any other. There are PEX 0 - 5 listed, but only Ethernet is under one of those.

Is my graphics card more likely to be one of the PEX listings or just PCI 0? I believe I have tried PCI 0 and it didn't work.

My ATI isn't working with retail 10.5.6 kexts and the patched BIOS (patched F8j), Realtek 889a doesn't work that way too. On the other hand, Time machine fix works, and I can use AppleIntelCPUPowerManadgement.kext. Has anyone any idea why that is happening?

Any news on how to get that option enabled? If I try to enable it manually in terminal it says not supported.

I don't have it either. There's not much information about it, only that most people have it and the rest of us don't...

I do have it in my BIOS under APM settings, but it doesn't seem to make any difference to Leopard if APM is on or off in the BIOS.

If you find any information about this, please share.

@Koalala

It would be nice to credit all the people who did the works you used to make that app.

Your name appears on the first post in bold. But you probably mean in the app itself.

OT but would you mind saying why you deleted your initial post in the 88E8056 DSDT 'fix' thread?

For me it was very useful, I learned a lot from it and now it's gone from Google Cache too.

I copied it to a text file but I lost it when my last install had a gross hibernation accident, and now all I'm left with is working 88E8056 via DSDT!

I would also like to thank you for your work in the NVCAP decoding thread.

My ATI isn't working with retail 10.5.6 kexts and the patched BIOS (patched F8j), Realtek 889a doesn't work that way too. On the other hand, Time machine fix works, and I can use AppleIntelCPUPowerManadgement.kext. Has anyone any idea why that is happening?

Your video card device id is 9589, it isn't in the plist of ATIRadeonX2000.kext

there are several things you can do about that:

1.edit the plist and add your device id

2.use plist only kext which will add your device id to the kext (better choice than 1)

3.flash your bios to 2600xt with device id 9588 (better imho but more dangerous)

Regarding your sound card, what kext's are you using?