ACPI (DSDT) Patcher for BIOS and AML

koalala

845 posts in this topic

yes. it works with fassl's dsdt patcher.

here is my DSDT.aml

video (nvidia 8600GTS) works with this dsdt.aml but how to enable sound & network with dsdt ???

There is no way to enable sound or ethernet with this patcher, unfortunately. To get sound work patching dsdt with patcher should be comdined with hdaenabler or legacy kexts. As for ethernet there is only time machine fix.

Is anybody alive? ;) It will be a pity if this patcher ends on beta 4.

There is no way to enable sound or ethernet with this patcher, unfortunately. To get sound work patching dsdt with patcher should be comdined with hdaenabler or legacy kexts. As for ethernet there is only time machine fix.

Is anybody alive? ^_^ It will be a pity if this patcher ends on beta 4.

Alive but sick.

And I can't work on the patcher for 1/2 weeks.

Here my results with EFI partition approach (munky's) and DSDT.aml (not courageous enough to patch BIOS) for a GA-P35c-DS3R board:

- GFX Sapphire ATI HD 3850 w/ 256 MB working - Megadolon framebuffer

- Sound Alc889A: working with LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext, LegacyHDAController.kext, HDAEnabler.kext

- Ethernet + Timemachine fix working

- Shutdown+ Restart still needs OPENHALTRESTART.kext

- Sleep not working at all (wake up fails)

But still working on it

Can you Link your Bios for me?

Hey koalala, still no joy with MSI Wind, will it ever be possible? I'm will give it a go with my P5K Premium in the meantime.

SirReal

Link your Bios

Helo koalala!

Hello everyone, thanks again for all the work.

Some one have ben successfully managed to patch bios asus P5W dh-v2801 bios?

Please help!

:D

Here you go, Please let me know if it works, so I can add it to the website.

Should work, as I didn't add sound nor Video options.

http://rapidshare.com/files/192991382/V304FIX.zip.html

Error on pacthing this BIOS for make the dsdt, also when I extract it :(

The bios is phoenix, for ACER TRAVELMATE 6410, dunno if the Koalala proggy can menage it....

Please if somebody can look at it will be very nice :) plzzzz! :)

Bios is attach.

Does the patcher fix X3100 laptop issues? I've been using the EFI string below which works fine (tested on 10.5.2 through to 10.5.6) in order to get the internal display working etc. Is it possible to get that done in DSDT? If so how?

<key>device-properties</key>
<string>6d000000 01000000 01000000 61000000 02000000 02010c00 d041030a 00000000
01010600 00027fff 04001000 00006d00 6f006400 65006c00 00000b00 0000474d 41203935
30200000 00410041 0050004c 002c0048 00610073 00500061 006e0065 006c0000 00080000
00010000 00
</string>

Hello, i built a DSDT Patcher which is capable to patch DSDT in BIOS or generate DSDT.aml.

You need Windows and .NET Framework but you can run the program from any PC, not necessarily the one you want to patch.

Please reports all bugs.

Thanks to all people who were able to patch DSDT before and discovered the hack.

Tested on many Gigabyte BIOS and some others. If you patch BIOS, you don't need to update PC-EFI and you can stay with v8 for example, you can also run Vanilla ppleIntelCPUPowerManagament.kext and AppleRTC.kext.

From netkas: after fixing dsdt and before installing 10.5.6, you HAVE to install either PM disabler or Appleintelcpupowermanagement.kext from 10.5.5

Original BIOS file is patched, put you can choose where you want to generate DSDT.aml

If patching last more than 1 minute, there is a problem and you can stop patching.

Information :

-nVCAP value from 0.1.8 was Dual-DVI one

-GFX Hardware location from 0.1.8 was PCI0

-You can write custom name in Model GFX section, you only need to keep nVIDIA in the string

If compilation error happens :

-You can always check MUTE and Local0 fixes

-WAK and DGPT fix should be used only if there is a warning/error concerning it

Explanation on GFX :

The program doesn't take care of the model name.

You can write whatever you want in the combo box "Model" if you respect with :

-nVIDIA cards model name must start by "nVIDIA"

-ATI cards model name must start by "ATI"

It will calculate the buffer size of the new model name automatically.

Red values are for ATI

Greenvalues are for nVIDIA

And Black values are common.

For ATI framebuffer, you can write whatever you want in the combo Box if your framebuffer isn't listed.

For memory size you can write your value if not listed.

To find hardaware location, use ioreg. You can obtain your DevID (for ATI only) with lspci.

Using this patcher with Gigabyte hardware Dual-BIOS mainboard is risky even if it seems safer.

If you bricked a Dual-BIOS Gigabyte mainboard, follow these instructions : Here (linked removed because of site contents), ask instructions in MP or I will post it later.

EDIT : Read this : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...t&p=1039930

Ver : 0.2 (Beta 4)

-AMI Bootblock error bug fixes + autorepair signature (+very fast now)

-MAJOR BUG : 4 Bytes missing in AMI BIOS fixed

-DSDT localization in Award BIOS improved

-New CBROM version

-Minor bug fixes

Ver : 0.2 (Beta 3)

-AMI Bootblock error fixed

-PEGP instead of GEGP label change

-ALC889a layout-id fixed

-2 versions of ALC888 included

-Minor bug fixes

Ver : 0.2 (Beta 2)

-AMI BIOS DSDT localization improved and more reliable

-Partial audio support (ALC888/889a), it replace HDAEnabler.kext, you need 2 plists kext for the moment

(Dev. status : one plist kext needed only)

-PEGP optional in GFX section

-ATI Card support (thanks to roisoft) :

>Framebuffer

>DevID

>RAM MB

>Hardware Location

MUST BE SET

-LAN0/GIGE TM Fix (+GP9 Fix)

-Patch before compile in D/C DSDT

-No more installer, just run it.

Since it's a beta, the program doesn't verify if the combo box are filled, just think filling them, will be corrected in RC1 if no major bugs found.

Ver : 0.2 (Beta)

-Partial AMI BIOS support (don't use GFX or Network to prevent overflow and not booting) : HPET, RTC and Aliases (=CPU Cores)

(Working with almost all AMI BIOS but not with very recent laptops like MSI Wind for the moment.)

-You can extract DSDT.dsl from AMI BIOS now

-MUTE fix

-Dual-DVI, DVI+VGA, TV-OUT ... nVCAP selecter (based on Krazubu research)

-Graphics hardware location selecter, 7950GT added

-P0P added for network hardware location

-Bug fixes

Ver : 0.1.8

-Add Decompile/Compile DSDT (D/C)

-Add DSDT.aml from other source

-Add Export DSDT

-Fix broken DSDT.aml patching

-GMA 950 address corrected

-New network fix based on roisoft patch

-Don't overwrite files anymore

-New interface

-DGPT method after WAK instead of devices

Ver : 0.1.7.2

-DGPT Warning fixed

-Intel GMA 950 Desktop added

(thanks to roisoft)

Ver : 0.1.7.0

-DSDT nVidia GFX (for PCI-X only, not AGP) (thanks to roisoft for his help)

Ver : 0.1.6.1

-Add HPET section before RTC if not present for old mainboards

Ver : 0.1.6

-Code rewriting (easier to add function now)

-Vanilla Network (please test and report, I can't test it now, based on Krazubu fix)

All that you need is to have an OSX compatible adaptater and to know its hardware location (use IOReg)

-GP9 Fix (for vanilla network)

Ver : 0.1.4.1

-Patch DSDT instead of BIOS option

-Minor Bug fixes

Ver : 0.1.3

-Bug fixes (stability and WAK fix bug)

-Force/Stop on Errors/Warnings

-Show Warnings/Errors

Ver : 0.1

-HPET fix

-RTC fix

-Aliases fix (=CPU Core fix)

-WAK and Local0 patch for compilation

-Patch really fast

In progress:

-HDEF sound (ALC88x and Sigmatel)

Status : Only need one plist kext, replacing it with virtual ACPI devices but need time.

-Autofixing

-SSDT patching

Knows Bugs:

-Don't put files in the patcher folder since they will be deleted.

-GP9 Fix not working on AMI DSDT so no GIGE on AMI, use LAN0 fix.

Only Award and (partial) AMI for BIOS patching, DSDT patching function is compatible with all DSDT.aml

I keep Getting a read only error. I have the Asus Z96JM or Intel Z96JM. Any Thoughts.

You have any idea , if the patcher works on HP intel notebooks? I testet in GA Mb, but my hp doesn't have dual bios, and doesn't want a brick....

Link your Bios, and I'll take a look at it. I can't say if Phoenix will be, nor is supported as I don't use the program myself, but that's something koalala will decide since he made the program

If it's not supported. Though Based on Posts, I don't think it is.

as for me, I edit the .aml with MMtool , IASL & Hex. Or in your Case I use PBE, IASL & Hex.

Link your Bios, and I'll take a look at it. I can't say if Phoenix will be, nor is supported as I don't use the program myself, but that's something koalala will decide since he made the program

If it's not supported. Though Based on Posts, I don't think it is.

as for me, I edit the .aml with MMtool , IASL & Hex. Or in your Case I use PBE, IASL & Hex.

Out of interest if one has both PBE and a modified dsdt.aml handy. Is it a difficult task to get a rom image, replace any existing dsdt contents with your own dsdt.aml and save a modified working rom?

Out of interest if one has both PBE and a modified dsdt.aml handy. Is it a difficult task to get a rom image, replace any existing dsdt contents with your own dsdt.aml and save a modified working rom?

Yes, it should be fairly easy I would think, I don't think it's too hard myself.

Though I'm not going to speak for everyone, If you don't want to risk editing the .aml in the bios,

Just link them and I'll add it into the bios.

Good Luck,

-Omn

The bios that i'm ussing are the famous HP F29, patched in this forum for remove wifi cards withelist.

http://www.lancelhoff.com/104-unsupported-...evice-detected/

The main problem it's that CBROM doesn't work with HP roms, *.WPH files. Their bios it's Phoenix, and the only way that i know to open it it's using Phoenix Bios Editor, the download link it's in the intel download center. But in this program, when I open in example ACPI, there is many roms, like ACPI0.AML, (I suppose that it is) , ACPI0.BIN, ACPI1.BIN, and all are almost equal.

Althrough i can open and see the DSDT table, i found some problems in the assembly code, that i doesn't have enought acknowledge to solve it.

aaaaajw9.th.jpg

The bios that i'm ussing are the famous HP F29, patched in this forum for remove wifi cards withelist.

http://www.lancelhoff.com/104-unsupported-...evice-detected/

The main problem it's that CBROM doesn't work with HP roms, *.WPH files. Their bios it's Phoenix, and the only way that i know to open it it's using Phoenix Bios Editor, the download link it's in the intel download center. But in this program, when I open in example ACPI, there is many roms, like ACPI0.AML, (I suppose that it is) , ACPI0.BIN, ACPI1.BIN, and all are almost equal.

Althrough i can open and see the DSDT table, i found some problems in the assembly code, that i doesn't have enought acknowledge to solve it.

aaaaajw9.th.jpg

PM sent

Are you needing a Fix for the 8800?

can you list what your needing so I can customize it for your needs, or you just wanting a general purpose fix?

are you wanting a bios fix or the .aml fix? or both?

I've attached your bios with a general fix & DSDT.aml with the 8800 added to it.

dsdt.aml.zip

P5W_DH_Deluxe_2801.ROM.zip

Are you needing a Fix for the 8800?

can you list what your needing so I can customize it for your needs, or you just wanting a general purpose fix?

are you wanting a bios fix or the .aml fix? or both?

I've attached your bios with a general fix & DSDT.aml with the 8800 added to it.

thankyou very much.

thankyou very much.