ACPI (DSDT) Patcher for BIOS and AML

koalala

845 posts in this topic

Well, I made a DSDT for GA-945GCMX-S2 with the Video, Audio, Network, Powerbutton, HPET, RTC and Aliases fixed. One for GMA950 and another for a Geforce. I put 256MB memory as standard for the Geforce. Who wants to change, to be posted the Debug made the changes.

Works with this MOTHERBOARD only.

Sorry me for my English.

Enjoy.

945GCMX_S2_GMA950.aml.zip

945GCMX_S2_GEFORCE.aml.zip

945GCMX_S2_Debug.zip

thanks Koalala.

What this meen? some bugs with Windows XP? My winXP don't work?

By the way. Why I can not patch bios by my self?

I try ver0.2 (beta1 beta2 beta3) Results you can see in my archive?

Thanks for the bios file. Is he (bios file) dangerous?

Hello Koalala,

And first thanks for your work again, I'm very impressed ! I'm fallowing this topic from it's beginning

I' using DSDT.aml generated with you ACPI Patcher 0.2 beta 3 for my Gigabyte P35-DS4 ( BIOS F14c) and I have to say that everything is running smooth ( Graphics, sound ( with HDA patched with 2 plist) and ethernet + TM fix )

I have PCEFI v9 + Extra foder containing : decrypt, disabler, openhaltrestart, SMBios resolver and IOAHCIblockstorage kexts

I've noticed that the boot time is very long ( 25 turns of spire compares to 4 without DSDT) and I guess that it's because I made something wrong.

The options I choosed were :

Generate DSDT.aml with : LocalO Fix, WAK Fix, DGTP Fix and MUTE Fix

General : HPET Patch, RTC Patch, Aliases Patch

1 For Graphics : nVIDIA 7600 GT 256 Mb, DualDVI + use DSDTGFX option, Hardware location : PCI 0 ( even if Ioreg says PEGP@1, because you told in your thread that the older version O.180 Patcher used it by default and it worked for me )

2 For Sound : ALC 889a

3 : For Ethernet : Lan0, Hardware location : pex5 + TM FIX

Here are the screenshots and the Bios original, patched and DSDT.aml

Here are the info of my HW from IOreg :

What did I do wrong for this longer boot ?

Thanks

fred

post-93689-1232089817_thumb.png

post-93689-1232089832_thumb.png

post-93689-1232089840_thumb.png

1.rar

fredouille

Just remove the disabler - you don't need it anymore.

hello Dimarzio,

you're right, I deleted it, build new extension.mkext without for the extra folder , and it boots , but still so long ;)

thanks for reply anyway

regards

fred

Sleep/shutdown is most probably linked with SSDT, and, since SSDT methods are sometimes called from DSDT, do not be so sure.

I still think that dsdt.aml has something with sleep/shutdown because i had efi v9 installed before i used patched dsdt.aml. it acts different now, maybe because of loaded pm kext?

Really strange since none of those fix had been changed between Beta2b and Beta3

Which version of Beta2 did you use ?

This is very ODD -

I had removed openhaltrestart.kext from /EFI/Extensions with Beta2b and had not problems with shutdown.

beta3 not giving me shutdown.

went back to beta2b and again No shutdown??

no errors or warnings when compiling DSDT.aml in either case.

Have now reinstalled OpenHaltRestart.kext

hello Dimarzio,

you're right, I deleted it, build new extension.mkext without for the extra folder , and it boots , but still so long :unsure:

thanks for reply anyway

regards

fred

Try removing OAHCIblockstorage kexts also.

I was using legacy AHCI kexts from netkas on /EFI partition and am now running fine without.

Try removing OAHCIblockstorage kexts also.

I was using legacy AHCI kexts from netkas on /EFI partition and am now running fine without.

I did and the only differnence is in my system profiler, the SATA ports are reconized "JMicron" instead of unknow ( should normally be ICH9R !)

but it doesn't change the boot delay, unfortunately !

regards

fred

Wonderful Job koalala !

I'm happy to see that you've fix the amibios boot block problem ! Really nice job ! My Asus P5B wasn't booting any more with patched dsdt from your software...

Does the beta 3 fix the gigabyte dual bios problems as well ? I mean does the new version of cbron.exe (115) is included in the last release ?

Thanks again for this brilliant work !

Hello Koalala,

And first thanks for your work again, I'm very impressed ! I'm fallowing this topic from it's beginning

I' using DSDT.aml generated with you ACPI Patcher 0.2 beta 3 for my Gigabyte P35-DS4 ( BIOS F14c) and I have to say that everything is running smooth ( Graphics, sound ( with HDA patched with 2 plist) and ethernet + TM fix )

I have PCEFI v9 + Extra foder containing : decrypt, disabler, openhaltrestart, SMBios resolver and IOAHCIblockstorage kexts

I've noticed that the boot time is very long ( 25 turns of spire compares to 4 without DSDT) and I guess that it's because I made something wrong.

to FREDOUILLE, can you post your SMBios resolver kext?

1 For Graphics : nVIDIA 7600 GT 256 Mb, DualDVI + use DSDTGFX option, Hardware location : PCI 0 ( even if Ioreg says PEGP@1, because you told in your thread that the older version O.180 Patcher used it by default and it worked for me )

Thanks

fred

I've the same motherboard and Graphic card (GeForce 7600GT 256 mb) I've patched F13 version bios with the same configuration of you... but I don't have fixed MUTE and the lan is in PCI 0 the same as GEForce (PCI 0). I've only Appledecrypt.kext in EFI partition instead of dsmos.kext. and disabler.kext

My boot is very fast... but my shutdown it's so long... I've only insert the openhaltrestart.kext.

GOOD WORK KOALAAAAAA.

I still think that dsdt.aml has something with sleep/shutdown because i had efi v9 installed before i used patched dsdt.aml. it acts different now, maybe because of loaded pm kext?

It may also depend on bootloader.

Hello Koalala,

Thanks

fred

Excuse my ignorance but should your Ethernet not be GIGE rather than Lan0?

I have just tried a DSDT.aml file compiled with my Ethernet as Lan0 on my EP35 DS4 and I have much slower boot time - about 30+ turns of the spire compared to 13 with Ethernet as GIGE.

Note - I am currently running with only 1, 1GB stick of 667 ram due to a fault with my 4GB PC 8500 sticks so am expecting slower than usual boot time but there is a clear difference when patched as GIGE.

D.

Sorry for not answering, I made tests with new SSDT modifications and i bricked my motherboard (since SSDT is power management, i will recommend you not modifying it directly in BIOS.

Q-Flash and BIOS Setup was not working.

To unbrick recents Gigabyte motherboard (BIOS chip : MX25L8005) :

-Power off your computer

-Find BIOS chip and locate the 'o' on the BIOS chip (little circle)

-Shortcut opposit pins with a screwdriver :

|_|_|_|

o

_ _ _

| | | | (shorcut red pins)

-Power on while shorcuting and remove screwdriver (it will corrupt your BIOS)

Since BIOS is corrupted, BIOS should be (partially) recovered by bootblock.

You may need to use a bootable floppy with autoexec.bat,flashspi.exe, and ROM file on it.

I didn't need a floppy, shortcutting give me an access to BIOS Setup and QFlash.

Hello to all the geniuses :)

I've been trying to generate dsdt.aml for my system without success

OS X won't boot with the generated file (using chameleon 12/pc efi v9)

my mb is ep45-ud3r, I use bios F5 (attached)

my lan is realtek 8111c on pci 3 and my vga is ati radeon 2600 pro (device id 9589 256mb) on pci-express (although windows stated pci bus 1)

my audio is alc889a

can someone build me a proper dsdt.aml file?

thanks in advance

ep45ud3r.f5.zip

I need your motherboard model.

Bootblock Error is corrected for some motherboards but there is a lot of different AMI BIOS.

Its a P5Q-Premium.

I went on and thought I could do a foolproof mod by myself with this guide but ended up with a total corrupt bios on my new p5q premium. Lesson learned and if no one will do a mod who knows this stuff then I´ll wait for some new ways to boot up directly.

First try with only defaults patches (HPET,RTC and Aliases) and report if it boots.

Thanks

Thanks for the fast replay

first i tried all the patches (g/n/a) couple of times with different settings

than i tried only the default patches.

I should mention that i had to use all the fixes in order to complete the process/

it's still doesn't work

could be my overclock? (although is 100% stable)

this is the dtdt.aml file generated with default patches

dsdt.aml.zip

Finally found some time to test the patcher with my EP35-DS4 with partial succes. My Geforce 8800GTS is now fully working without injector or efi-string. This is excellent, thanks koalala!

What I can't get working though is the onboard networkcard, I still need the patched IONetworkingFamily kext to connect to my Apple Airport Router in the Airport Utility or to use the printer attached to it. I've tried all the options and combination of options but it simply won't work. According to the IOreg tool it should be on PEX5 but that doesn't work. I've also tried PCI0 but that also doesn't work. Anyone with a EP35-DS4 got this working or knows what to do?

Attached is a screenprint of IORegistryExplorer (with the ethernet entry) and the dsdt file.

post-11935-1232296250_thumb.png

dsdt.aml.zip

Finally found some time to test the patcher with my EP35-DS4 with partial succes. My Geforce 8800GTS is now fully working without injector or efi-string. This is excellent, thanks koalala!

What I can't get working though is the onboard networkcard, I still need the patched IONetworkingFamily kext to connect to my Apple Airport Router in the Airport Utility or to use the printer attached to it. I've tried all the options and combination of options but it simply won't work. According to the IOreg tool it should be on PEX5 but that doesn't work. I've also tried PCI0 but that also doesn't work. Anyone with a EP35-DS4 got this working or knows what to do?

Attached is a screenprint of IORegistryExplorer (with the ethernet entry) and the dsdt file.

I have the same problem with a network card (addon)on my P5k. The one thing that I notice that is the name of your card is ethernet and so is mine. This might be causing some kind of problem.