SOLVED: CX20549 (Conexant Venice) headphone output (also for other AppleAzaliaAudio.kext cards without headphones)

Memorial

38 posts in this topic

Ok, sounds weird. So you don't get any sound when powered first with OS X? This sounds odd, as a reboot should kill all that (except maybe amp settings... I guess). You have AppleHDA loading right? It looks like your NIC for speakers is 0x14. Are you turning on your EAPD? It should be 0x01470c02 for you to turn on EAPD. Do it after PowerState and before PinControls (I think). Try then setting the amp setting by hand with Reggie.

You should get the High Definition Audio Specifications supplied by Intel and read that (mostly look at the verb lists at the end) to get a hand of what you can do with this techinque.

Ok, so which commands would I send to get sound?

Is this correct:

sudo reggie_se -D PhysAddr -w 0x01470500 -a 0xfc300060 -B 32
sudo reggie_se -D PhysAddr -w 1 -a 0xfc300068 -B 32
sudo reggie_se -D PhysAddr -w 0x01470c02  -a 0xfc300060 -B 32

EDIT:

What I had first was correct, I was just missing the last command, thanks for that :D

0x14 Pin for speakers
sudo reggie_se -D PhysAddr -w 0x014707c0 -a 0xfc300060 -B 32

Speakers and headphones enabled with that code :)

How would I go about automating this so I get sound after cold boot or wake from sleep? I see you can edit the Audiee program here but not sure how.

• 1 month later...

Hi DPyro,

I just want to double check with you about this code: does it enable both speakers and headphones on Intel Macbook running Leopard? I am having the following problem: headphone jack snapped right off and the tip is stuck inside now. Because it is pushed all the way, it disabled the speakers. I tried everything, but it doesn't want to come out. Apple wants to charge me $500 for a new logic board, so I thought I'd give a try with a different approach: enabling both speakers and headphones at the same time seems like a nice option.

Do you think your code applies in my case?

Thanks!

-JL

0x14 Pin for speakers
sudo reggie_se -D PhysAddr -w 0x014707c0 -a 0xfc300060 -B 32

• 3 weeks later...

Wait? An actual MacBook? Everything should work. If your speakers are not working because you have a broken headphone jack, that could actually be fixed by this method (I think), we would need to figure out the right commands.

• 1 year later...

Ok, I resume this thread... I'm trying to figure this out on 10.6.5, any update available?

AppleHDA Snow Leopard patching?

Codec: Conexant CX20549 (Venice)
Address: 0
Function Id: 0x2
Vendor Id: 0x14f15045
Subsystem Id: 0x103c30bb
Revision Id: 0x100100

Sound card is integrated on a HP Pavilion dv6261ea

VoodooHDA is very crappy and unusable on this chip:

- output sound is corrupted (I can test only the HP out, because PC-speakers are broken);

- (mic) input is not working even if it's shown on the input list.

In the zip file attached you can find:

- codec dump

- dec codec dump

- codecgraph

- verbs

- verbitdebug

Any help?

CX20549.zip

VoodooHDA works in a very bad way, the HP (headphone) sound it's quite corrupted and Mic doesn'work jack input, or onboard mics both.

I should even try with appleazalia.

About AppleHDA patching, my problem is the nodes pathmap.

This laptop has a strange audio map.

First of all it has two mics onboard on the chassis, one on the left and one on the right of the LCD screen frame! So it should be something like a StereoMic switched with Front Jack stereo mic/line in.

The SPDIF out can be switched with the HP output, so in this configuration you have two headphones.

So we have these I/O:

- x3 1/8'' jacks

1st: mic/line in stereo

2nd: HP

3rd: HP2/SPDIF out

- x2 mono-mic on the LCD frame

- speakers (mine are broken)

Output switches are quite complex, output should go on speakers otherwise, by switching, it should route on 2nd jack HP. 3rd jack should be an HP too.

Node 16: speakers

Node 17: HP out on 2nd jack

Node 18: onboard stereo mic

Node 19: SPDIF (/HP2? let's forget about this)

Node 20: mic/line in stereo

Node 21: ?? line out

Node 23: mixer, all nodes seem to be routed through this except SPDIF that is on his own, as ever

Node 24: SPDIF mixer

Node 25: ?? stereo L/R

Node 26: ?? stereo L/R (mic caputre switch)

So at the end, nodes config?

24 19 is OK, this is SPDIF, the others?

18 23 xx?

20 23 xx?

Are your speakers broken or you just don't have sound?

I haven't though about pin configuration and AppleHDA patching for a while. So it will take me a while to respond to this. You should try The KiNG's AppleHDA (partial) patching guide from August 2009 on ProjectOSX if you get a chance.

Yes I'm sure speakers don't play sound, I tested them on windows.

I'm not able to run windows on this laptop, should be nice getting verbs from win (7/vista/xp) and see if they differ from mine I got with a SuSE Live.

I managed to get HDA shown in "About this mac" but there's no device in sound preferences, so there's something definetely wrong!

As written by otacon6530 on the other Conexant HD, setting the kernel flag as:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>idlehalt=0</string>

VooodooHDA "works"...

With Voodoohda (32 bit here) HPs are now ok while playing sound, but input mic is choppy (togheter with onboard stereo mic), I tried recording something with garageband, seems like there are some trouble about frequency between 48000Hz and 44100Hz, I can get some sound using volumes and settings on monitoring ON/OFF, but it's all a great noisy mess.

idlehalt=0 causes higher cpu temperature here, not good.

I attach some dumps from voodoohda

CX20549_voodoodump.zip

Verbs wont differ between platforms, they are set by the Intel HDA standard, which you should probably get a copy of. It's good that you have sound. I have never tried to get the internal mic working (AppleAzaliaAudio is playback only and I never bothered to play much with AppleHDA). (Sorry, still haven't had time to look into patching at all).