iATKOS 5i restart loop after install complete

Danh Vo

9 posts in this topic

I'm sure a little more details would be helpful... I just installed iATKOS 5i on my Dell Inspiron 6000

First off, what kind of device are you installing on?

Did you customize your installation or just install the main iATKOS 5i bundle (customize button right after the screen selecting your destination hard drive)

After the install, did you remove your disc? (I had left mine in the drive, walked away, and noticed later my laptop was in an infinite re-boot loop

Have you tried to boot into safe mode? (At Darwin Bootloader hit F8 for more options, enter -x )

I'm sure a little more details would be helpful... I just installed iATKOS 5i on my Dell Inspiron 6000

First off, what kind of device are you installing on?

Did you customize your installation or just install the main iATKOS 5i bundle (customize button right after the screen selecting your destination hard drive)

After the install, did you remove your disc? (I had left mine in the drive, walked away, and noticed later my laptop was in an infinite re-boot loop

Have you tried to boot into safe mode? (At Darwin Bootloader hit F8 for more options, enter -x )

I had left mine in the drive, walked away, and noticed later my laptop was in an infinite re-boot loop

Hey, to the original poster, yeah please RTFM.

@bpost34 - Please could you spare a few hints to your setup on your Dell Inspiron 6000? I have been trying different configurations of iAtkos 5i all day, every time not getting past the infinite re-boot loop =(

Safe mode, no change.

Verbose gives me plenty of rubbish but nothing which seems fundamental to booting - besides it is near impossible to read the last couple of lines before the laptop reboots anyway.

So, if you have actually successfully got iATKOS 5i working on your i6000 I would be very grateful for any information you can give.

Thanks very much,

Andrew

P.S - I'm gonna start my own thread at some point but I figured you were my best bet to start with ;-)

generally speaking, -v -f cpus=1 works to cure most ails with the iATKOS 5i.

if it doesn't, you really need to check the checksums. I had three bad downloads before i got a good copy, and that install package has been bulletproof-- used it for 3 or 4 different setups.

it could also be the options you are selecting, and which kernel you picked... there a re a lot of customizations offered, and most are not useful- you need to read around on the install boards looking for your specific hardware... there is information for most forms of hardware, it just isn't laid out that well.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Delll Latitude D810 Laptop. It has 2.13 Mobile Centrino inside. 2gb of ram 160gb hard drive. Every time I install my iatkos 5i It comes with a big power button in back of install and says to hold down my power button for seven seconds or push the reboot button.

If anybody has any information on what configuration I should use, it would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 months later...

Im getting the same infinite loop. I took out the disc only to get a forbidden sign on the apple.

I have tried so many times today. I have an HP dv6433cl Intel Centrino core duo 1.7ghz with 2 g of ram as well.

I have a Delll Latitude D810 Laptop. It has 2.13 Mobile Centrino inside. 2gb of ram 160gb hard drive. Every time I install my iatkos 5i It comes with a big power button in back of install and says to hold down my power button for seven seconds or push the reboot button.

If anybody has any information on what configuration I should use, it would be greatly appreciated.

• 8 months later...

@harmlessboy:

It's hard to tell if you don't give some specs like CPU, MB, etc etc because the successfull installation depends on your hardware ;-)

Try first to boot with flags -v (to see the verbose messages) and -x for safe mode..

You'll probaby find some indication why it freezes.

My guess is you may have installled the wrong kernel. You should probably go with the safest one first to see if it works. I have Kalyway installed and in the kernel list it is indicated which one is the "safest".

On the other hand, I'm not an expert since I've been hobbying with this only since 3 or 4 weeks... Just give it a try..