Manual Installation from working 10.4.4 or 4.5 to 10.4.6 (intel)

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

matrix961

matrix961

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Quixos:

the last time the guide was edited was 4-21, it is hosted on two sites. on neither site is "Kernel" misspelled "Kernel". dont' funk with my head.

You are correct, it is not misspelled in your guide. It is misspelled in Brand's post tho. I was just correcting him not you Quixos. ;) He probably just looked at it wrong.

From Brand's Post: See here he spells it Kernal and not Kernel. Which explains why he got the error.

I am trying to update my 10.4.5 Maxxuss install to 10.4.6 and when I run this copy command...

CODE
cp -R Kernal.framework OpenGL.framework /backups

I get...
cp: Kernal.framework: No such file or directory

Clearly Brand misspelled "Kernel" Not you Quixos :lol:

mattmac24

mattmac24

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
i cant seem to find a copy of Maxxuss Patch Solution v1.0 for 10.4.5,

ive looked on his his site and both hosts seem to be dead...one says file not found da other is corrupt.

can som1 please pm me or email it 2 me....r just a link to it

thanks,
matt
mattmac24@gmail.com

mikekim

mikekim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
the link to the maxxuss patch on his website gives me a corrupted .zip file.

can anyone e-mail me one? or PM me a link to it hosted on another site?

mattmac24

mattmac24

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
come on people, please....everybody who upgraded this way must have a copy on their comp (probs da desktop...just sitting there).

can som1 please upload and post a link or email 2 me....mattmac24@gmail.com...or PM me

thanks alot,

Matt

Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Having not read any of the responses on the previous 13 pages, I'm happy to report success with the tut, thanks quixos ;) . However, there were some hiccups along the way worth mentioning. I followed the tut up until the first reboot. When I tried to boot with -x -s, the system froze (Still waiting for root device). At this point, I popped in my 10.4.5 Install DVD and opened up the Terminal and continued with the instructions, modifing them slightly along the way. The replace script didn't work properly, but rather than tweak it, I restarted again with the -x -s options, and was successful this time. Then I simply ran the script, rebooted, repaired permissions, and am now posting my success. Thanks again quixos.

dbunder

dbunder

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
anyone mind PMing me a link to the maxxuss patcher, since his site has been taken down?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy