10.5.6 and GeForce FX5500

cmdshft

57 posts in this topic

I've been doing some testing lately (and still am) and I noticed a couple of things.

I have a FX5500 128MB AGP card installed on this machine, and it's supported with NVinject, NVKush and NVdarwin on 10.5.5 and lower.

However, upon updating to 10.5.6, I noticed that I could not boot, and it was always after those injectors did their probing. When I removed them, I could then boot, without acceleration.

This was tested on another HD, so I booted into my 10.5.5 system, and copied the old nvidia kexts I installed when I updated to 10.5.5 and moved them into the 10.5.6 system and it booted.

Now, I noticed that many people with 6XXX cards or higher can boot fine after updating. So this must be a <6XXX card issue.

If you have an FX5200 card or higher, but not a 6XXX card, I suggest trying the kexts from 10.5.5 if you can't boot after updating to 10.5.6. Make sure it's the injector at fault by booting with -v and watch when the injector does it's magic. It should hang shortly after.

Please let me know if this fixes your boot problems.

Right.

So I tried just replacing the NVDANV30HAL.kext into the new test install, and that didn't allow the system to boot. What I did was then add the older NVResman.kext, GeForce.kext,and GeForceFXGLDriver.bundle. The system then booted with full acceleration, but there's still a graphics corruption occuring, but since people with 6XXX cards and higher don't have this issue on 10.5.6 it leads me to believe that the card is incompatible with a core change that Apple made in 10.5.6 using these kexts, and since you can't boot without the 10.5.5 kexts, there's no way to get around this graphics glitch other than just upgrading to a better, more supported card.

So I tried just replacing the NVDANV30HAL.kext into the new test install, and that didn't allow the system to boot. What I did was then add the older NVResman.kext, GeForce.kext,and GeForceFXGLDriver.bundle.

I did it , i can boot now but with no acceleration (using natit)

I have a Quadro FX 5600 modded from an 8800GTX and it just gives me Kernel Panics whenever I boot with 10.5.6. I can't even get to the Desktop. This drove me nuts over the last week trying to figure out why I couldn't upgrade, until I figured out it was the video card. Super bummed. I'm using EFI Strings.

CI/QE Working on FX5200 AGP w/ iPC 10.5.6 / Revised 01/06/09

1. Install iPC 10.5.6 with NVKush Complete Package - Working

Alternative: Modified version of NVInject NVInject_FX5200.zip

(NVInject 0.2.1 from DVD did not render QE/CI)

After rebooting, view boot screen to confirm that NVinject (or the "injector" you installed) actually loaded; if it didn't load, rebuild permissions using disk utility and restart

2. If no QE/CI after Reboot: try GForce/NVDAN kexts from 10.5.5

3. Repair "System Preferences Blacked-Out GUI Corruption"

(Only for 10.5.6 install - not occuring in 10.5.5)

Restore the Coregraphics.framework from 10.5.5 WITH PACIFIST

to /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/ then Reboot

using Sanya's Method (Thanks Sanya!) ----

--------------------------------------------

Coregraphics.framework 10.5.5 install

1. insert a 10.5.5. distro

2. open pacifist

3. click "open apple install disks"

4. browse to the system folder (inside of one of displayed choices, depends on which distro you are using), and follow the path to Coregraphics.framework, then right-click on it and choose install

5. when it asks you to replace, choose yes (it will over-write the 10.5.6 version)

6. it may go a bit slow, let it run. after, reboot. On reboot, working Preferences GUI...

Alternative: Use "Search" in Pacifist

-------------------------------------------

SSE2 DVD Player Application Fix:

Patched AppleVADriver.bundle to fix DVD Player (SSE2)

Repair Permissions, update prebindings

Above tested and working on MY SYSTEM with Voodoo 1.0 and XNUstage 9.4.0 kernels (individually)

----------------------------

Additional Options: -

10.5.5. seatbelt.kext to fix open dmg issue

Notes:

iTunes "classic" visualizer wont run with options/open GL checked - runs unchecked

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Everything is lie. It doesn't work. Please, write only what you tried.

It's impossible to get worked FX5200/FX5500 with CI/QE on 10.5.3-10.5.6. It's a fact.

Excuse me??? Mine working out fine GeForce AGP 5200 FX on iPC 10.5.6 .. just install the iPC 10.5.6 without any Video/Graphic driver.. after that install NVkushComplete.. check out my desktop screenshot in the attachment

post-355165-1236906625_thumb.jpg

thanks to Jess Fortress method I got my card working :( , but now my question is , How do i get

QE/CI working? My card is now Quartz supported, once I enabled it , graphics went crazy :thumbsup_anim: , Do I need to use EFI string first? any help will be appreciated, thanks

thanks to Jess Fortress method I got my card working :D , but now my question is , How do i get

QE/CI working? My card is now Quartz supported, once I enabled it , graphics went crazy :unsure: , Do I need to use EFI string first? any help will be appreciated, thanks

congratulation mate.. can you upload the screen shot of your "crazy" graphics?

same with me. you must install coregraphics.framework from 10.5.5. but my problem is I don't have 10.5.5 installer so I can't install coregraphics.framework to my ipc 10.5.6. if someone have this fiel please share here

thanks

hehe.. yep.. the only way is to install the coregraphics.framework from 10.5.5 DVD.. in sometime later MAYBE I'll extract the coregraphics.framework so everybody can install it without 10.5.5 DVD.. not promise..

hey Hara Taiki

i can get into the desktop of iPC 10.5.6 and xXx 10.5.6 v.1 final without installing any video driver..........

so can u please tell me how can i use the QE/CI with the Latest_NVinject.0.2.1............a guy named highjinx on irc said that i needed to use the nvcap values but he wont helped me more........i searched whole the google but wont found any way to how to get the nvcap value of my FX5500........i got the 3D and 2D timings of my card by that tool of windows named nibitor.............so can u or anyone tell me the whole process of getting QE/CI working with FX5500 256MB +10.5.6......

thanx in advance......

So far I fixed the resolution problem, but don't know how to get full QE/Ci from my card , I could not find coresgrafics. so I least my screen in no "longer crazy" how can i take a picture of my screen to show what I have in my

" about this mac " list, I know there is a way , any help will be appreciated!

my " about this mac" list says that my card is Quartz GL supported , but Quartz Extreme is not. Thanks :D

how you fixed that resolution problem.........???

So far I fixed the resolution problem, but don't know how to get full QE/Ci from my card , I could not find coresgrafics. so I least my screen in no "longer crazy" how can i take a picture of my screen to show what I have in my

my " about this mac" list says that my card is Quartz GL supported , but Quartz Extreme is not. Thanks :D

* Command-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it as a file on the desktop

* Command-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it as a file on the desktop

* Command-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it as a file on the desktop

* Command-Control-Shift-3: Take a screenshot of the screen, and save it to the clipboard

* Command-Control-Shift-4, then select an area: Take a screenshot of an area and save it to the clipboard

* Command-Control-Shift-4, then space, then click a window: Take a screenshot of a window and save it to the clipboard

In Leopard, the following keys can be held down while selecting an area (via Command-Shift-4 or Command-Control-Shift-4):

* Space, to lock the size of the selected region and instead move it when the mouse moves

* Shift, to resize only one edge of the selected region

* Option, to resize the selected region with its center as the anchor point

hey Hara Taiki

i can get into the desktop of iPC 10.5.6 and xXx 10.5.6 v.1 final without installing any video driver..........

so can u please tell me how can i use the QE/CI with the Latest_NVinject.0.2.1............a guy named highjinx on irc said that i needed to use the nvcap values but he wont helped me more........i searched whole the google but wont found any way to how to get the nvcap value of my FX5500........i got the 3D and 2D timings of my card by that tool of windows named nibitor.............so can u or anyone tell me the whole process of getting QE/CI working with FX5500 256MB +10.5.6......

thanx in advance......

I kinda bored telling this over and over again.. have you red this thread carefully? more specific.. have you read what I've wrote in this thread?

I kinda bored telling this over and over again.. have you red this thread carefully? more specific.. have you read what I've wrote in this thread?

ya man i read ur all posts......

and i already tried that completenvkushpackage method also before reading this thread....but it wont worked for me........i guess bcoz ur GFX card is FX5200 and i want to get this on FX5500........i have 5200 also but want to run this on 5500........

someone told me that i needed to put the nvcap value in the latest nvinject 0.2.1 but the nvcap maker is not reading my .ROM file it only shows the details of donation to ARTI......:wacko:......

if u have another suggestion than please help......

thanx

my " about this mac" list says that my card is Quartz GL supported , but Quartz Extreme is not. Thanks :(

if you're just fixing the resolution on the com.apple.Boot.plist the QE/CI won't work.. you have to install the correct driver.. try Titan or NVkush..

happy downloading for those who needs 10.5.5 coregraphic.framework ..it will only solve your "crazy" graphic / Blacked Out GUI System Preferences / what ever the name is.. It WON'T enable your QE / CI.

Mine is from iATKOS 5i, and working fine.. I wish I had 5500 so I can help you with this.. none of my friend have 5500..

its ok man......

i'm trying to figure it out that how to use it.......if i get it working than i'll post a proper guide for this.......

BTW now i'm trying to install the retail 10.5.6.........???

so do you have idea to get it working.........???

if you're just fixing the resolution on the com.apple.Boot.plist the QE/CI won't work.. you have to install the correct driver.. try Titan or NVkush..

happy downloading for those who needs 10.5.5 coregraphic.framework ..it will only solve your "crazy" graphic / Blacked Out GUI System Preferences / what ever the name is.. It WON'T enable your QE / CI.

Hi Jess,

Thanks for bundling that CoreGraphics Framework up, saved me a lot of time. One note though: it installed the items into Frameworks, one directory above the CoreGraphics.framework folder the files are supposed to go to. Moving them over it worked fine. Just wanted to make sure other people were aware.

its ok man......

i'm trying to figure it out that how to use it.......if i get it working than i'll post a proper guide for this.......

BTW now i'm trying to install the retail 10.5.6.........???

so do you have idea to get it working.........???

naaa.. I'm pretty happy with iPC 10.5.6.. either on my Celeron laptop or Pentium 4 PC all working well.. :( ..

don't have time on downloading Boot 132 Magic CD and BOOT_FOR_HDD.. anywway.. good luck on installing the retail 10.5.6

Hi Jess,

Thanks for bundling that CoreGraphics Framework up, saved me a lot of time. One note though: it installed the items into Frameworks, one directory above the CoreGraphics.framework folder the files are supposed to go to. Moving them over it worked fine. Just wanted to make sure other people were aware.

oups.. thanks for remind me this.. I'll fix the package and reupload it then..

naaa.. I'm pretty happy with iPC 10.5.6.. either on my Celeron laptop or Pentium 4 PC all working well.. :P ..

don't have time on downloading Boot 132 Magic CD and BOOT_FOR_HDD.. anywway.. good luck on installing the retail 10.5.6

hey man i got the fully working QE/CI with FX5200 on xXx 10.5.6 v.2(i guess this method works on every 10.5.6 release)

here is what i did.....

1. i installed 10.5.6 release with all the required components but i wont selected the video driver...

2. than i installed the coregraphics.framework from iDeneb v1.3 10.5.5 with the help of Pacifist

3. than i installed the nvkushcomplete package

4. Restart

5. VOILA i got fully working FX5200

:blink:

now my 2nd aim is to get the FX5500 fully working

if i got success in that than the next aim is dual display

and the third aim is Retail 10.5.6 working........

i know someday i'll be there......:(

guuud luck to all........