The 10.5.6 mouse lag WORKAROUND in Itunes/QT for 8600/8800/9800(G84/G92) chipsets.

cyclonefr

149 posts in this topic

okay it worked for me , here is what i did.

1) install latest quicktime from apple site , reboot

2) download quicktime_quicktime_7.5.5_version_leopard_francais_19979.dmg from page 1

3) download pacifist

4) drag quicktime_quicktime_7.5.5_version_leopard_francais_19979.dmg onto pacifist , follow these instructions

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/blog/posts..._quicktime.html , then reboot

quicktime ver states 7.5.5 (249.24) but no lag while itunes or quicktime is open

yay :wacko:

OMG i absolutely love you thanks a whole bunch. EVERyone follow these set of instructions. Its all great now itunes + quicktime = no lag at all :( after much effort to find a solution

I think I found a much better solution to fix the lag.

Remove /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext

This kext is responsible for HDCP DRM {censored}, it is only present in 10.5.6 systems.

I tested in my system with 7.6 QTComponent and 10.5.6 NV drivers, no lag without this kext.

Please confirm.

You sir, are the man. I was just happy to see others were having this problem and I wasn't going crazy! Even better there is such an elegant fix :)

Edit: iDeneb1.4/Vanilla/GeForce8600GT256/P5WDH/NVInject256

This does´nt work if you have two 7300 gs 512 mb cards in your hack I´m afraid, what you can do though is allways start new safari windows on the display connected to your first videocard then you can drag it to any display you want and it works like it should.

This kext is responsible for HDCP DRM {censored}, it is only present in 10.5.6 systems.

I tested in my system with 7.6 QTComponent and 10.5.6 NV drivers, no lag without this kext.

Please confirm.

i can confirm this works perfectly with 7.6 QT and 10.5.6 NV drivers powering my 9800 GTX+. thanks very much, that was getting annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please confirm.

Fix the mouse lag for me with Itune and Qtime 7.6

:rolleyes:

8800GT

Asus Pk5-e

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just downloaded and installed the latest updates to Quicktime Player (v7.6.2) and iTunes (8.2) hoping they might play nicely with AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext and there is some improvement on my system - the jerkiness isn't anywhere near as bad as it was before.

But it is still there. Looks like time to reapply Disabler.kext :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please confirm.

Thank you so much! This worked with my 8800GT. Current system version is 10.5.7. QT (7.6.2) and iTunes (8.2) are running now :P - good work!

Thank you so much! This worked with my 8800GT. Current system version is 10.5.7. QT (7.6.2) and iTunes (8.2) are running now :P - good work!

It worked for me as well - I'm running one of those 9800GTX+ cheap rebranded cards (evga gts 250) on 10.5.7. After removing the kext, the lag is gone with no ill effects I've noticed (I did _not_ downgrade quicktime or the NVidia drivers). Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Please confirm.

This worked perfectly for me as well- thanks!

10.6.4 - EX58 UD5 with Geforce GTX 260 SLI

• 1 month later...
This worked perfectly for me as well- thanks!

10.6.4 - EX58 UD5 with Geforce GTX 260 SLI

Oh my gosh. This bug has been driving me crazy for a while! In addition to just "mouse lag", it's really complete system display lag. As I've been using my hackintosh with Plex as a media center, having my movies/tv shows stutter has been detrimental.

I'm also running 10.6.4 on an EX58 UD5 and a Geforece GTX 260.

Just applied the fix, now to reboot. Thanks All!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I was having this issue on a Geforce 210 with 10.6.7 and 10.7 and iTunes 10.2. At first, I didn't even notice that it only occurred when iTunes was open since it almost always is for me.

Removing AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext from S/L/E worked. Thank you.