The 10.5.6 mouse lag WORKAROUND in Itunes/QT for 8600/8800/9800(G84/G92) chipsets.

cyclonefr

149 posts in this topic

To fix these problems I did what others have done above. I downgraded my 8800GT video drivers from the retail 10.5.6 NVida drivers to the retail 10.5.5 NVida drivers. Using the retail 10.5.5 nvida drivers fixed the jerky mouse problems for me. I did this by downloading the 10.5.5 combo update directly from apple, and extracting the NVida drivers from that package with Pacifist. Ie open MaxOSXUpdCombo10.5.5.pkg in pacifist and extract the following files from System/Library/Extensions:

- Geforce.kext

- Geforce8xxxGLDriver.bundle

- IONDRVSupport.kext

- NVDANV50Hal.kext

- NVDAResman.kext

I then installed these kernel extensions to /System/Library/Extensions/ using kext helper b7.

To fix these problems I did what others have done above. I downgraded my 8800GT video drivers from the retail 10.5.6 NVida drives to the retail 10.5.5 NVida drivers. Using the retail 10.5.5 nvida drivers fixed the jerky mouse problems for me. I did this by downloading the 10.5.5 combo update directly from apple, and extracting the NVida drivers from that package with Pacifist. Ie open MaxOSXUpdCombo10.5.5.pkg in pacifist and extract the following files from System/Library/Extensions:

- Geforce.kext

- Geforce8xxxGLDriver.bundle

- IONDRVSupport.kext

- NVDANV50Hal.kext

- NVDAResman.kext

I then installed these kernel extensions to /System/Library/Extensions/ using kext helper b7.

Is it possible for you to post these files? Are there any problems if I would install these kexts when I already installed nvkush?

Thanks!

Replacing QT components is a bad fix m8, they should even sticky this because it will render some apps unuseable.

How is replacing entire set of display drivers better than just replacing the QT component?

Display drivers are mandatory in each point upgrade, while QT is mostly a seperate voluntary update.

You will likely see more incompatibilities with mismatching display drivers than QT component mismatch. Developers will assume you have the latest drivers if you have the latest OS version but QT version may be different, you can still have a 10.5.6 system with an older version of QT. Only application that requires QT 7.6 is iLife 09 afaik, and I haven't seen any issues with it running with 7.5.5 component so far.

Is it possible for you to post these files?

Well the whole point of sourcing the files from the 10.5.5 retail update is that you know you are getting authentic files that haven't been messed with etc. Its really easy to just download it straight from apple (10.5.5 Updater), and extract the bits with pacifist. However, I went ahead and uploaded them here NVidaRetail10.5.5Drivers:

Are there any problems if I would install these kexts when I already installed nvkush?

Thanks!

I am really sorry but the answer is I don't know. I did a retail install with as few changes as possible from retail... I guess you will just have to experiment... Sorry...

Well the whole point of sourcing the files from the 10.5.5 retail update is that you know you are getting authentic files that haven't been messed with etc. Its really easy to just download it straight from apple (10.5.5 Updater), and extract the bits with pacifist. However, I went ahead and uploaded them here NVidaRetail10.5.5Drivers:

I am really sorry but the answer is I don't know. I did a retail install with as few changes as possible from retail... I guess you will just have to experiment... Sorry...

Thanks. I will give it a try. Maybe a good chance to find out if the backup works. :D

EDIT:

Well at least BACKUP works!

I deleted nvkush.kext in the finder and then installed the kexts with kext helper. After restart it stopped with this message:

boot cache avoidance timed out

Did I uninstall nvkush the wrong way or what could it be?

I guess I will have to try just install the new drivers and don't care about nvkush. I think this could be the problem. As far as I know nvkush does not modify the driver - so I should be able to do it without uninstall. Can someone confirm this?

I will try later.

I think I found a much better solution to fix the lag.

Remove /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext

This kext is responsible for HDCP DRM {censored}, it is only present in 10.5.6 systems.

I tested in my system with 7.6 QTComponent and 10.5.6 NV drivers, no lag without this kext.

Please confirm.

This kext is responsible for HDCP DRM {censored}, it is only present in 10.5.6 systems.

I tested in my system with 7.6 QTComponent and 10.5.6 NV drivers, no lag without this kext.

Please confirm.

It works like a charm!

Just delete the kext, reboot and the lag with itunes is gone.

Thank you!

Using 10.5.6 and 7.6 qt component.

Please confirm.

This is essential! It really worked. I just deleted the kext in the Finder and the lag is gone!

Thank you for this!

They have to make this sticky - it is so essential for every user.

Please confirm.

Had the damn lag on a 8500GT but after a quick kextunload AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext it was gone for good instantly. But I would recommend to back it up before removing it or just rename it.

Cheers mate!

Please confirm.

This worked for me as well!

(I reverted to the retail 10.6.6 NV drivers. I got them again from the 10.5.6 combo update, and then deleted the kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext.)

This solved all mouse lag problems. Thanks Chrysaor!

Anyone actually know what the AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext actually does?

So, if the flashing BIOS does not affect windows xp or vista, can I flash my 9800GT 512 graphic, and after that I don't need EFI studio strings or?

Were can I find best solution for flashing a 9800 GT 512

tnx

Guest ѕиоѡ

Fix Working here, respect to whoever found this!

As for you sir:

How is replacing entire set of display drivers better than just replacing the QT component?

Display drivers are mandatory in each point upgrade, while QT is mostly a seperate voluntary update.

You will likely see more incompatibilities with mismatching display drivers than QT component mismatch. Developers will assume you have the latest drivers if you have the latest OS version but QT version may be different, you can still have a 10.5.6 system with an older version of QT. Only application that requires QT 7.6 is iLife 09 afaik, and I haven't seen any issues with it running with 7.5.5 component so far.

My Wiretap Studio pro didnt work anymore with only component replacement (not the whole 7.5.5 QT version) and some reported failure with other apps. So I guess that answers your question no?

And to be honest, if its like windows, display drivers aren't that important except for faster rendering. I highly doubt using older display drivers will render apps unusable, replacing only one component with an older one might do a lot more damage. We are also talking about downgrading the display drivers one step not to Tiger kexts.

Also do not underestimate the use of QT encoding/decoding inside mac when you use a lot of media apps (its not just QT and iTunes you know)

Alright, I made my point, fix is already at hand so issues are solved, thank god.

Laters

Fix Working here, respect to whoever found this!

As for you sir:

My Wiretap Studio pro didnt work anymore with only component replacement (not the whole 7.5.5 QT version) and some reported failure with other apps. So I guess that answers your question no?

And to be honest, if its like windows, display drivers aren't that important except for faster rendering. I highly doubt using older display drivers will render apps unusable, replacing only one component with an older one might do a lot more damage. We are also talking about downgrading the display drivers one step not to Tiger kexts.

Also do not underestimate the use of QT encoding/decoding inside mac when you use a lot of media apps (its not just QT and iTunes you know)

Alright, I made my point, fix is already at hand so issues are solved, thank god.

Laters

We all know downgrading QuickTime fixed it... But many people wouldnt like 7.4.5... I've noticed that Apple silently updated 7.5.5 to 249.24 while the very first rlz was 249.13... So since I've found a link that still have 249.13 build, here it is.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a004413/n/...ncais_19979_dmg

Install that, and mouse lag is fixed and you are still on 7.5.5, not just the latest build. My guess it the latest build brings H264 hardware accleration and it's broken somehow so i guess we lose it now...Not the best fix but the best workaround in my opinion for now.

I noticed installing it via the normal installer wouldnt reinstall everything, even removing the receipt, so make sure you install this pkg via Pacifist, and voilà

Enjoy !

PS : How will EFIX we able to make this new Quicktime fit on their USB thumb ? B)

i am on amd x2 8600 gt 256mb i downgraded quicktime and also tryed old 10.5.5 video kext still no luck

I can confirm that unloading AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext fixes the mouse lag for my GeForce 9800 GT 512mb.

For those of you who need to know how to do this, open Terminal and run these commands:

sudo -s

Type your password and press enter.

kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext

mv /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext /System/Library/Extensions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.disabled

Enjoy your lag-free iTunes and QuickTime! If for any reason you need the kext again, just rename the .disabled to .kext and reboot.

Please confirm.

It works for me. 10.5.6/8600gt

Thanks!

Please confirm.

Works fine in Zotac 9800GT.

Thanks.