The 10.5.6 mouse lag WORKAROUND in Itunes/QT for 8600/8800/9800(G84/G92) chipsets.

cyclonefr

149 posts in this topic

right, you'll use 7.5.5

stellarola: won't be fixed till we have new nvidia drivers, and that's our only hope... maybe they wont even care to fix this because it doesnt seem to affect real macs somehow.

EDIT : i've managed to isolate THE file that makes the lag. Good news ? Not really because it's kinda the core of QT, so downgrading this is kinda making QT 7.6 into ~ 7.5.5.. But still if you wanna fix this, just downgrade QuickTimeComponents.component in /System/Library/QuickTime

right, you'll use 7.5.5

stellarola: won't be fixed till we have new nvidia drivers, and that's our only hope... maybe they wont even care to fix this because it doesnt seem to affect real macs somehow.

EDIT : i've managed to isolate THE file that makes the lag. Good news ? Not really because it's kinda the core of QT, so downgrading this is kinda making QT 7.6 into ~ 7.5.5.. But still if you wanna fix this, just downgrade QuickTimeComponents.component in /System/Library/QuickTime

This method worked... the QuickTime is 7.6 now with the core of 7.5.5... the good it is that Software Update is not telling you that

has updates available...

thx for this workaround...

I also experienced the same annoying lag with a 8600GT - and it wasn't the Logitech USB mouse afterall (same kind of lag in Front Row). Oh and I only replaced:

/System/Library/QuickTime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents

with the one from QuickTime 7.5.5. That did the trick for me.

Something else i noticed is there is no lag if you run QT through Rosetta.. Not really useful but interesting nevertheless... I still think it haz smthg to do with Hardware Acceleration... They added it to 249.24 and 7.6.

Here is my post in a thread where we discuss this problem. A link is to the library from the latest 7.5.5 build that did not have lags

Here is a new link. Do not like rapidshare (file can be downloaded only ten times) but it is american site, so it will be understandable for all. Anyone who will download, pls reupload on different site with no limitations

http://rapidshare.com/files/188453657/Quic...ponent.zip.html

Guest ѕиоѡ

Beware that in my case only replacing the QT component file made my Wiretap Studio app useless.

I had to completely downgrade to 7.5.5 with Pacifist.

Just for the record:

System was up2date (10.5.6), then i did Apple SW Update -> Quicktime 7.6 ... suddenly lag (first time I experienced this)

Then i installed the 7.5.5 package using Pacifist (did choose the Update option)

Wanted to make a screencap with Screenflow -> app wouldnt launch.

Then reinstalled Combo 10.5.6, then Quicktime 7.6

Now jerky mouse is back while Itunes or QT opened BUT Screenflow still refuses to launch. (there is no crashlog or something in console)

the question:

Did reinstalling Combo 10.5.6 and then QT 7.6 undo all the changes made by my QT 7.5.5 downgrade using Pacifist? (About Quicktime shows newest Version)

Go spread your EFIX propaganda elsewhere. If you looked close enough to their forum, you'd see there are multiple posts about this issue, resulting in threads being deleted or locked because the EFIX team won't admit the problem isn't coming from Apple but hackint0shes/efix.

If you don't have any bug, then you are running either 10.5.5, or 10.5.6 and QuickTime 7.5.5 249.13.

what lag? working on EFi-X™. :D

Guest ѕиоѡ
Just for the record:

System was up2date (10.5.6), then i did Apple SW Update -> Quicktime 7.6 ... suddenly lag (first time I experienced this)

Then i installed the 7.5.5 package using Pacifist (did choose the Update option)

Wanted to make a screencap with Screenflow -> app wouldnt launch.

Then reinstalled Combo 10.5.6, then Quicktime 7.6

Now jerky mouse is back while Itunes or QT opened BUT Screenflow still refuses to launch. (there is no crashlog or something in console)

the question:

Did reinstalling Combo 10.5.6 and then QT 7.6 undo all the changes made by my QT 7.5.5 downgrade using Pacifist? (About Quicktime shows newest Version)

I had issues with Wiretap Studio too because of this messing around. Have you tried downgrading again to 7.5.5 with Pacifist?

Reinstalling the OS update seems like a bad idea to me bud.

Workaround helped with 9800 GTX+

Had mouse lags with QuickTime Player or iTunes launched.

Downloaded QT 7.5.5 from http://support.apple.com/downloads/QuickTi...5_5_for_Leopard

And followed the instructions here

Thanks to everyone :blink:

Following these instructions mouse lag is gone.

9800gtx+ QuickTime™ Version 7.6.0 (1290)

thank you !

I had issues with Wiretap Studio too because of this messing around. Have you tried downgrading again to 7.5.5 with Pacifist?

Reinstalling the OS update seems like a bad idea to me bud.

I just did the Combo + Qt7.6 update again, cause my screenrecording SW (Screenflow) stopped working- and i thought that might fix it (seems to be a more complex issue not (only) related to QT 7.6 and/or OSX86)

Since it didn't resolve my problem anyway (funny thing is, this happens to an original new MB too but isn't reproducible by the devs of the app so far) i just replaced the QuicktimeComponents.component using Pacifist (i did not choose the whole Components + Quicktime Folder in Pacifist like in the tutorial since only replacing the one .component fixes my mouse lags).

What's actually the downside of using the old video drivers, which someone also said fixes the problem, instead of downgrading QT?

Haven't decided yet what to do, if some app (like wiretap (don't have that)) stops working with the "crippled" fix, aka "only replacing the component, and not do a full downgrade".

One thing i DONT understand: What i know, is that this issue started after 10.5.6 for some people. Since only QT 7.6 update broke my fluid mouse movement, maybe this are 2 bugs?

Confused :)

Because QT 7.6 works perfectly as long as you have NVDA50Hal.kext from 10.5.5... Since 10.5.6, this file has been updated and lags with the combination of QT 7.6 :(

aaaaah ! Smart guy :)

Then replacing the NVDA50Hal.kext with an old one (10.5.5) seems to be the better fix - at least with my knowledge/hardware.

Just 4 the record again, why is the "downgrade QT" fix more "popular" then the replacing the trouble making .kext ?

I read that iLive09 requires QT 7.6 so this is the only way i guess.