The 10.5.6 mouse lag WORKAROUND in Itunes/QT for 8600/8800/9800(G84/G92) chipsets.

cyclonefr

149 posts in this topic

We all know downgrading QuickTime fixed it... But many people wouldnt like 7.4.5... I've noticed that Apple silently updated 7.5.5 to 249.24 while the very first rlz was 249.13... So since I've found a link that still have 249.13 build, here it is.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a004413/n/...ncais_19979_dmg

Install that, and mouse lag is fixed and you are still on 7.5.5, not just the latest build. My guess it the latest build brings H264 hardware accleration and it's broken somehow so i guess we lose it now...Not the best fix but the best workaround in my opinion for now.

I noticed installing it via the normal installer wouldnt reinstall everything, even removing the receipt, so make sure you install this pkg via Pacifist, and voilà

Enjoy !

PS : How will EFIX we able to make this new Quicktime fit on their USB thumb ? :D

Is lag problem appears only in certain situations ?

QT 249.24 package here from apple website, 10.5.6 (combo update) and i can't notice any of "mouse lags"

My hardware is in the signature

List of used patches:

PCEFIV9 + dsdt.aml (HDEF support in it)

LegacyAppleHDA.kext's

LegacyAHCI

AppleDecrypt

Disabler

GenericCPUPowerManagement

SMBIOSResolver

all in extensions.mkext

GFX is initialized via efistrings

A very painful lag that i'd too. :D

Now im running with QT 249.13 build and its fine, no more mouse lag in QT.

Maybe a good thing if people who have lag, tell us what kext, boot (hardware if no sign) they use.

For me :

AppleDecrypt.kext

AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext

Disabler.kext

LegacyAppleAHCIPort.kext

LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA.kext

LegacyHDAController.kext

LegacyHDAPlatformDriver.kext

LegacyIOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

LegacyJMicronATA.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

PCEFI V9 + DSDT and kexts in extra (Extensions.mkext) - my 8800GT is a palit (512 mo)

From what I've seen, people using Steermouse don't have the mouse lag issue when equipped with an 8800/8600 Nvidia. That is to say they still have video lag, but don't notice it because it's like a 2ms interrupt every 4 seconds.

Workarounds:

-Install this old quicktime

or

-Install 10.5.5 graphic drivers

----------

Since I use Logitech Control Center for my MX Revolution, I get the lag, sadly. Hopefully Apple will update Quicktime again and fix this problem. I'd like to know if any Mac Pro users with 8800 cards are experiencing this problem.

-Stell

I'm using steermouse and have mouse lags as well... I agree with Cyclonefr that this issue appears only on GFX's with G84 or G92 chips. However, based on info I have from other people having this problem, it seems that probably modified versions of GFX cards are affected (e.g. I have stock OC'd Gigabyte 8800GT).

Also, durring startup I have corrupted background image showed for a second - is it somehow related to this ?

I am one of the lucky ones with no problems and 8800gt with 512mb (not overclocked -passively cooled).

MacPro Users seem to have similar problems after updating 10.5.6(http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1828126&tstart=0)

I am using Munkys isntall method (mkext from EFI Volume) with DSDT patched and USB Kexts IOUSBMassStorageClass, AppleUSBEHCI, AppleUSBOHCI, AppleUSBUHCI from SLICE (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=117029&pid=965341&mode=threaded&start=). Thanks SLice, your patches are working very well. Reduced teh errors in Console remarkably Other kexts in mkext (dsmos,IntelCPUPMDisabler, SMBiosEnabler, LegacyAppleAHCI, LegacyAppleIntelPIIXATA,LegacyOAHCIBlockStorage (the last 3 from Netkas.org), Openahltrestartand RealtekR1000 (from Psystar) Only AppleHDA (from Taruga) in SLE.

EFI Strings for GFX,Ethernet and Sound.

Absolutely no problems with video and mouse (Logitech vx Revolution - but no Logitech Control Center installed) and Quicktime newest version installed. 

Hope you all will find a solution quickly. I would first uninstall Logirtech Control Center. This Software has been a real pain in the past on my real Macs. Give the patches of Slice a try.

Hi- is it essential to use your boot cd or can you use somthing like gparted

I managed to install xp and then i installed osx but i can't boot it - at first it said error loading operating system and then i used the osx disc to mark the windows partition as active and then rebooted and set mac as active now my computer just freezes before getting to the darwin bootloader

Please help!!!

Thax

Ben

Hii there,still having that f.. mouse lag reinstalled video.kext ps/2 rmoved QUIKTIME AND REINSTALLED 7.5,but no choise put back AppleIntelIntegratedframebuffer NVDAResman.kext/,almost everything that i can imageing

Do you have any clue?