10.5.6=no wired ethernet and firewire

Nemphys

35 posts in this topic

hmm, none of this is working for me-- the only way i was able to boot back up without KP was with the 10.5.6 appleHPET.kext-- the 10.5.5 one KP'd and so did the disabler -- it would say "No HPETs found" I'm on an intel DG31PR board running iatkos 5i upgraded to 10.5.6---

hmm, none of this is working for me-- the only way i was able to boot back up without KP was with the 10.5.6 appleHPET.kext-- the 10.5.5 one KP'd and so did the disabler -- it would say "No HPETs found" I'm on an intel DG31PR board running iatkos 5i upgraded to 10.5.6---

Are you using any CPUManagement disabler too (or voodoo kernel)? That might be a solution for the KP

Hi, after updating my Toshiba U200 laptop successfully to 10.5.6, everything seems to work ok except my integrated network card (Intel Pro 100/VE) and firewire port.

The weird thing is that these two pieces of hardware have never caused me trouble and have been working from day one with iAtkos 4i and throughout all updates until this one.

I have tried replacing many kexts with the ones from 10.5.5 (like IONetworkingfamily, IOPCIFamily, OIFirewirefamily and others) with no success.

Any help would be appreciated!

Well I had the same problem and I struggled through 3 days, 4 clean installs, and 2 borked systems until I found this.

My current setup on the main Hackintosh is:

• ECS 945GCT-M Mobo

• Pentium Dual Core 2160

• 2 Gbytes Ram

• Nvidia 7600GS

• 2 Sata Hard Drives

• 1 IDE Hard Drive

• 1 IDE DVD-RW

The first problem was my own. I had been doing vanilla updates since 10.5.2 and EFI v8. I didn't think anything of it and hadn't really kept up on the boards. So I began a vanilla update and then *bork* went the install half way through. I had no backup and did not know what I was going to do. So I essentially did iDeneb to get the system up and a fresh vanilla install with retail, efi 9, 10.5.5, EFI Nvidia strings, and -NO- dsdt.aml. Everything works flawlessly so this I mirrored that to a second drive "just in case"

I used that second drive to test a vanilla update to 10.5.6 and all sorts of problems came up. My ethernet stopped working and sound went away and for some reason my clock would literally lose time. I would step away for about an hour and only 15 minutes would have passed on the computer clock. I turned off energy saver and screen saver just in case I missed something.

After removing AppleHPET.kext altogether, viola! I am now running on a test 10.5.6 environment which has none of the pesky issues even after a few reboots.

Does anyone know why the heck AppleHPET.kext is and why it's necessary? What about dsdt.aml? I have found those to be more problems than they are worth and have removed both.

I have a Kaly 10.5.2. I had not FireWire working in 10.5.5. I updated to .5.6 and no FireWire (normal). I deleted HPET, then KP during boot. I removed both HPET end AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement, then boot ok but no FireWire.

I replaced just video and audio kext, but just for 10.5.5., which kext have I to replace to make FireWire working?

• 4 weeks later...
FOUND IT!

It was AppleHPET.kext after all.

After replacing it with the same kext from 10.5.5, both ethernet and firewire work perfectly again (although I get some errors with red colors during boot, I hope it's not something too bad).

Thanx a lot for this solution. I was trying to find it for hours. Just deleting this file did the trick.

rock on!!! :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for posting this. I finally removed AppleHPET.kext and now I have USB working again on 10.5.6 on a P5GC-MX/1333.

Cost me about 7 clones from Backup back to my main Harddrive and 2 fresh installs with iPC.

You should make advertising for this "fix". I had to search now for 4 days to find this f*cking damn kext, this should be made more public as a good fix for some problems with peripherials.

Edit: After working with this for now one day, I found out that the cursor lags some rare times. Think I have to poke around more with dsdt patcher -.-

• 4 months later...