Your hackintosh can't sleep since 10.5.6 ? Here is why

cyclonefr

34 posts in this topic

Found it was caused by AppleUSBEHCI.kext

So what I did was putting EHCISleepEnabler.kext from Superhai and it fixed sleep with 10.5.6 for me. So now EFIX can steal this workaround and steal Superhai's kext to put it on their USB thumb to fix sleep. Thanks a lot Superhai !

PS : this has been known to cause EFI-X thumb drives to explode spontaneously, do not PUT it in the next EFIX update :)

Have a nice day !

cyclonefr,

If I understand the readme on superhai's site you need to mod the plist in IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBEHCI.kext/Contents/. I tried but it doesn't seem to work for me - still can't sleep - I just reboot after sleep. Can you post your steps/mods?

Thanks,

SMF

My system will shutdown instead of going into sleep. Sleep was working fine with 10.5.5

Same here, after Update.

I've some new messages in System logs, about

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::pushCPU_CSTData - _CST evaluation failed
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized
USBF:	0.475	AppleUSBOHCI[0x4779800]::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep

Could it be done via DSDT modification, rather than another kext? Thanks,

Found it was caused by AppleUSBEHCI.kext

So what I did was putting EHCISleepEnabler.kext from Superhai and it fixed sleep with 10.5.6 for me. So now EFIX can steal this workaround and steal Superhai's kext to put it on their USB thumb to fix sleep. Thanks a lot Superhai !

PS : this has been known to cause EFI-X thumb drives to explode spontaneously, do not PUT it in the next EFIX update :)

Have a nice day !

that's good but i start to get tired..

every time an update comes u need to backup/restore/patch...

for a moment with 10.5.5 i thought i had a real mac :)

even with boot132 method u can't be sure if it's safe to update

for me everything was ok, just download the .dmg and installed

after update i lost only the sound

(i noticed also that sleep doesn't work but i never use)

anyway thankz for the tip,i guess i'm gonna add it

hello cyclonfr and thanks for efforts.

Unfortunately it doesn't work with P35 DS4 ( according to what I can read, more success are reported with ASUS Mobo, like in the near past...)

I tried with the kext with all option in BIOS i.e. Sleep S1 or S3 , Instant delay or no delay but no luck :)

I didnt have problems to sleep with GA-EP35-DS3 10.5.6 .

I dont have any legacy... and near orig. Apple drivers - only changed 2 .plists in AppleHDA.

EFI strings for timemachine fix + gpu.

It is going to sleep (all off) and wake up by a short press on the power button (computer case).

I have chameldeon with dsdt support installed , dsdt made (0 errors, 0 warings).

BUT (was in 10.5.5) the sleep didnt work in 10.5.5 when i use the PC_EFI V9 !!!!!

It restarts by pressing short on power button.

I think that PC_EFI V9 was the problem may happen to others !!

With chameleon dsdt NO problems to sleeep (BIOS : S3 (RAM))

I am using dv6500, aka dv6628us.

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomggmomgggmggomgomgmgomgo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

finally!!!!! my laptop sleeps..

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't work for me.

Monitor goes to standby, PC stays on. Drive activity light comes full on for a while then turns off. Fans keep running, reset button doesn't work and I have to power off completely in order to restart. I've tried so many things, don't know what to do. Shutdown doesn't work either. Both sleep and shutdown was working in 10.5.5.

I'm using slice 328 USB kexts - EHCISleepEnabler is loaded alright, but doesn't make any difference. Still no sleep.

I don't have the "jan bird" tick box in energy saver...

I've tried different Hibernate modes as outlined here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=49937

I've got Vanilla ACPI+APIC kexts, tried older ones, patched ones..

Patched DSDT..

Tried changing from iMac7,1 to MacPro3,1 (correct platforms, serial numbers, the works) with ChameleonSM

What else can I try?

/EDIT

Sleep and Shutdown fixed with Slice's latest IOPCIFamily.kext:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=117029