Desperate for help

AndrewBean90

37 posts in this topic

I have a problem plz help I get a small sign like in the picture but since it is leopard it is smaller and on the apple logo

TS1411_1.gif

I do -V -F -X -S

Boot with -v only and give your full system details especially MOBO specs including chipset details, RAM,CPU,GFX card and its RAM etc.......HDD and DVDRW if SATA or PATA (IDE) etc.... :(

I dont know where that stuff is in the garbage I see in Leo4all v3 but I did name the partition mac is on as Mac OS X is that a problem

The information you need to provide to get help is not in Leo4All v3.....?

Did you partition your OS X volume as Master Boot Record (MBR) or GPT, and format it as Mac OS Extended (Journaled)?........also name your volume as Mac_OS_X to avoid spaces in the name........

So I guess I have to reinstall and install the third part drivers and take away the firewire since I dont have it is that right

I could answer your question if you give your system details as requested.......

That picture is due to a kernel panic, you must boot with the -v flag to get a listing of the boot process to see why you are getting a kernel panic. As other posters have said, please provide your system specifications such as the make and model of your motherboard, processor, etc.

when you boot with -v, it tells you what is causing your kenel panic

so if you take a picture of it, it might be easier to diagnose

no one can help you here if you dont do that

because nobody knows what the issue is

or at least write down what it says

do you have a cell phone with a camera?

use that and then email it to youself

So if i understood your problem,when you are in the phase boot,you can't digit on your keyboard the v letter?

if so you costumized your machine as a rapid boot mode,to do ,put your DVD installation end config

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

and put a v,look around how