Games Anyone?

Noved84

48 posts in this topic

has anyone try call of duty 2 on imac 17"?mine sucks.running acceptable only at 800x600 with settings at medium-high.

I've played today Call of Duty 2 on my iMac 17" with 1.5 Gb ram. It worked perfectly at near max settings, only started to be sluggish with highest resolution. I've also worked multiplayer and it worked wonderfully.

How much RAM do you have?

I've played today Call of Duty 2 on my iMac 17" with 1.5 Gb ram. It worked perfectly at near max settings, only started to be sluggish with highest resolution. I've also worked multiplayer and it worked wonderfully.

How much RAM do you have?

1g ram, i tried at 1024x768 but is sluggish.the settings are at medium high.When xp starts thereis a note from ati says that if u got two monitors there is lower perfomance.d u know how i disable the second one(which i dont have).

Has anyone tried F.E.A.R. ?

That's probably the most demanding game out there hardwarewise.

racer.

If you go into the boot camp tech discussion you'll see my posts on this, you can play at 1280x900 with everything on max, no aa, and soft shadows off and get an avg of 28fps

On another note for those interested, FFXI plays amazing on it, everything cranked, 1440x900res, textures turned to 1024 and you still get 29-30fps.

I just installed and ran the F.E.A.R demo.

Had it playing at 1152x900, moving very smoothly with sound - all effects on Medium.

Didn't play it for long though, too bloody scary.

Anyone tried Oblivion on a Mini? I'm curious to see how well it runs.

Umm. It WON'T? There's no way a computer with integrated graphics could run that game. I'm running it on my iMac just fine but even on my computer, I've got to compromise with the resolution.

Umm. It WON'T? There's no way a computer with integrated graphics could run that game. I'm running it on my iMac just fine but even on my computer, I've got to compromise with the resolution.

That's what I expected...oh well.

You have to change a few settings in the console (I've found) to get CoD 2 to work perfectly. Firstly, turn r_gpusync to 1. Then do r_picmip 2, r_applypicmips, r_picmip 0, r_applypicmips. That worked for me.

did that but not luck,still choppy..:)

Sorry to be such a n00b, but we all have to start somewhere.

I am so close to switching, but how are you running these games on your hackintoshes?

Using an emulator or VM or what?!

Help is much appriciated,

Aaron

Sorry to be such a n00b, but we all have to start somewhere.

I am so close to switching, but how are you running these games on your hackintoshes?

Using an emulator or VM or what?!

Help is much appriciated,

Aaron

lol, its fine. apple recently released intel-based imacs and the macbook pro(powerbook esque). because of the hardware similarities, people tried to install windows for the ultimate machine. apple came out of nowhere a couple weeks ago and released bootcamp, a program that lets you run windows xp and osx with all of the drivers. so this thread is about using windows games on mac hardware, not osx on beigebox hardware.

btw, my macbook pro SMOKES my desktop. very good portable gaming machine.

you guys got ragnarok to work? how come my keyboard stops working completley on my macbook when i get onto the login screen? lame.

I get that with the Mac Mini, but not on the iMac. Havent got the chance to try it on a MacBook Pro though. The keyboard dies easily on the Mini, seems like you have to use the USB ports furthest from each other to get it working fine. LOL.

Happy ROing on your Macs. /no1