No FireWire after 10.5.6 update

Subby

56 posts in this topic

I also need the 10.5.5 AppleHPET.kext file. Please someone post that.

I am on an Asus P5LD2-VM with Pentium D, I have a generic Firewire PCI card that isn't working, should this fix work for me as well?

EDIT: also on other forums with real macs, some are ahving firewire issues on 10.5.6, they posted this error message from their system logs.

12/17/08 12:26:50 AM kernel AppleFWOHCI_AsyncReceive::waitForDMA - context not going inactive.

Could AppleFWOHCI be something to look into?

I have issues with my firewire devices mounting. System profile sees them just doesn't mount them. What I do and it only takes a few seconds is run the kextload command in terminal and it works everytime. Also, if my firewire devices are present at boot they work fine.

Here is the terminal command I use for firewire devices not mounting:

Hard drives or storage devices

sudo kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireSerialBusProtocolTransport.kext

Firewire cameras

sudo kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/IOFireWireAVC.kext

Firewire Audio

sudo kextload -t /System/Library/Extensions/AppleFWAudio.kext

I haven't gotten around to making scripts for them but it should be easy and you can make an icon to launch them. :rolleyes: Hope this helps.

AppleHPET.kext.zip

I also need the 10.5.5 AppleHPET.kext file. Please someone post that.

I am on an Asus P5LD2-VM with Pentium D, I have a generic Firewire PCI card that isn't working, should this fix work for me as well?

EDIT: also on other forums with real macs, some are ahving firewire issues on 10.5.6, they posted this error message from their system logs.

Could AppleFWOHCI be something to look into?

This restored my PCI Firewire Card in system profiler. It was there in 10.5.5 but not when I upgraded to 10.5.6. I haven't had a chance to use the port yet but at least it is recognized.

The best way to do this is open your /extensions/ folder find the file AppleHPET.kext and delete it.

Then open "osx86 tools" click on install Kext file, browse to the file and hit ok. Restart and it works.

Good Luck.

Now I'm off to try and get my display to show me more than one resolution. :-(

• 2 months later...

thanks for all the help in this thread :(

replacing AppleHPET.kext with the 10.5.5 kext fixed firewire for me with 10.5.7 but my usb thumb drive dose not work unless i have it plugged in at boot or plug it in then delete my catch folder in my extensions folder

any tips on how to fix that?

10.5.7 upgrade from 10.5.5, Voodoo Kernel 1.0 EFI v9 with DST ASRock 1333 MoBo

thanks for any help

:)

• 1 month later...

Im running the vanilla kernel 9.6.0 with a core 2 duo and the asus p5gc-mx motherboard. i installed 10.5.6 and my firewire card that worked in 10.5.5 wasn't recognized. found this thread and replaced the 10.5.6 AppleHPET.kext with the 10.5.5 one. It works for only a few min. The system boots telling me it found a new firewire network port. Then I look in system profiler and it is there under firewire. But then when i try starting final cut pro and trying to capture from my camera, it says no camera found. I go back to system profiler and it now says Warning - Firewire device cannot be read. So then i tried just deleting the AppleHPET.kext all together. Same result.

• 2 months later...

p35-ds3

q6600

7600gt

sata hdd

Plug PCI FireWire controller. One time my hackintosh load correct.

Found 400mb\s. New network. Then i reboot and got grey screen with apple.

With key -v i see that:

AppleFWOHCI_AsyncReceive::waitForDMA - context not going inactive.

Safe mode -x work, but firewire doesn't work in safe mode.

ps. also sleep mode doesn't work. maybe it helps. thx.