[SOLVED] 10.5.6: Sleep no longer working

MacManX

103 posts in this topic

Thanks to everyone who's been working on this issue. If it works for me then I'll update the first post so that people can find the solution quickly.

Indeed it worked, so as promised I have put the solution into the first post :)

I don't have this button either..

Those of you who have it, what mac model identifier are you using?

/EDIT - September 2009

AppleLPC.kext must be loaded on your system for the setting to show in Energy Saver.

Run lspci to see the device and vendor ID of your LPC device (it's under ISA Bridge).

Then either patch info.plist inside the kext or use zhell's method to patch the device ID of your LPC device in DSDT.

I dont have that energy saver settings ON , but sleep works GA-EP35-DS3 also with 10.5.6 !!

I tried PC-EFI V9 with 10.5.5 and lost sleep like you tell here with 10.5.6.

I installled back to chameleon with dsdt support (10.5.5 time) and sleep worked again !!

Maybe also PC-EFI V9 maybe a problem (sleep > restart problem).

The only thing i see in difference (chameleon dsdt 10.5.5 vs Cham 10.5.6) is that i must press power button (computer case) short insted of using an key on USB keyboard since 10.5.6.

I dont have that energy saver settings ON , but sleep works GA-EP35-DS3 also with 10.5.6 !!

I tried PC-EFI V9 with 10.5.5 and lost sleep like you tell here with 10.5.6.

I installled back to chameleon with dsdt support (10.5.5 time) and sleep worked again !!

Maybe also PC-EFI V9 maybe a problem (sleep > restart problem).

The only thing i see in difference (chameleon dsdt 10.5.5 vs Cham 10.5.6) is that i must press power button (computer case) short insted of using an key on USB keyboard since 10.5.6.

I think for pcefi v9 you need to set hibernatemode 3 via pmset (as su: pmset -a hibernatemode 3 ).

Anyways thanks to this tiny checkbox sleep on my rig is fully functional again.

Updating to 10.5.6 did sleep works only as suspend to sleepimage not suspend to ram.

Thanks again Kudos

Brilliant, sleep/restart/shutdown all work like a charm. Oh and I have an nVidia 8800 GTS (512MB) running on a Gigabyte X38-DS4. Thanks a mill!! ;)

Okay, I take it partially back. Wake from sleep works, however, shutdown/restart only work if sleep was never activated, that is the machine was never put to sleep then woken. Oh well...almost there...

terminal> sudo pmset autorestart 1 

Does not work :-( I've checked sudo pmset -g in Terminal and autorestart is missing.

No possibility to uncheck the box under Energy safer settings or by using

a.m. command in terminal. Any Suggestions to solve the problem ?

Thanks mitch_de and Slice but that didn't work (hasn't broken my system though!)

E2A EHCISleepEnabler.kext doesn't work either.

Today I installed an kext (EHCISleepEnabler) from Superhai into my Hackintosh (Using OSX86Tools), after editing the file as instructed in the readme,

Readme for EHCISleepEnabler

To enable it you have to edit the Info.plist in

/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBEHCI.kext/Contents/

You need to add these lines

<key>OSBundleCompatibleVersion</key>

<string>1.0</string>

under

<key>CFBundleVersion</key>

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=131819

Today I installed an kext (EHCISleepEnabler) from Superhai into my Hackintosh (Using OSX86Tools), after editing the file as instructed in the readme,

Readme for EHCISleepEnabler

To enable it you have to edit the Info.plist in

/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBEHCI.kext/Contents/

You need to add these lines

<key>OSBundleCompatibleVersion</key>

<string>1.0</string>

under

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=131819

You missed the bit off the bottom of that post:-

<string>3.1.5</string> <<<Mine is 3.0.3 if I can remember...

The 'Grey Slide of Death' appears and I restart, after that subsiquent boot ups will end with an kernel panic.

Even worse, my iAtkos disk does not seem to be able to read my hard drive anymore.

Is there any command to prevent it from loading a specific file, or reset the file?

Which doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence..... :)

You missed the bit off the bottom of that post:-

Which doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence..... :(

I have installed the USB kexts from Slice (Mitch_de Post #69). they are working on my GA-EP35 DS4. Less errors in Console. I can put the machine to sleep manually and wake up 8 of 10 times.

But automatic sleep is not working. At sleep time only the menu with the option sleep or shutdown (like pressing the power button on a real mac appears). It seems to be an issue with the 10.5.6 update. Even MacPro Useres have this problem after 10.5.6 update (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1828828&tstart=1).

Does not work :-( I've checked sudo pmset -g in Terminal and autorestart is missing.

No possibility to uncheck the box under Energy safer settings or by using

a.m. command in terminal. Any Suggestions to solve the problem ?

Bump .... Anyone ??

Hi all. My system (Asus P5K Deluxe) also won't sleep after installing 10.5.6. I have tried everything in this thread (and others) and still my system won't sleep.

My sleep issue is manifesting itself differently than others I am reading here. When I click Sleep from the Apple Menu, the drives shut down, the screen goes black, but all the fans in the computer keep running -- it doesn't actually finally go to sleep. The system will not wake from sleep, it must be restarted.

Any thoughts? Even if not, I still wanted to put this experience out there.

EDIT: It's fixed now. I missed a post earlier about replacing the IOUSBFamily.kext from 10.5.5. Did it and I can sleep now! Sweet!

EDIT2: For those asking for the 10.5.5 IOUSBFamily.kext, it's now attached.

IOUSBFamily_10_5_5.zip