10.5.6 ATI 3400 mobility trials

Fujilives

22 posts in this topic

This thread is for testing the new 10.5.6 drivers released just a couple days ago for compatability with 3400 mobility series of ATI cards.

Download and install the package below with kext-helper or whatever your perfered method is, and repair permissions (because of how the files are, you should probably repair permissions though kext helper and then repair permissions with osx itself after just to be safe).

Download here: 10.5.6 ATI 3400 Mobility Trial Drivers

------------

For a general idea, the file contains the following:

System/Library/Frameworks/

...OpenGL.framework

System/Library/Extensions/

...ATIRadeonx2000.kext + associated bundles/plugins and plist edit to add 95C4 ID.

System/Library/Displays/

...Just for the hell of it, curiosity I guess

------------

This probably wont work, but I wanted to throw it up here so people could at least try it.  If it DOES work, be sure to thank apple, as they will have done all the work, all I did was add the 3400 mobility ID to the new driver's plist.  It may also be a good idea to try it in combination with the EFI strings being forced to megalodon as a second trial, then using natit in combination with it as a third trial etc, just to see some different results.  Good luck!

Any idea if this will work with the HD2x00 range of Mobility Radeon's???

If your device ID is not 95C4, this will not be any more helpful to you than the 10.5.6 update itself, so if you have tried that and it has not worked for you - I'm sorry - that is not the intention of this release;

However - if you have not yet installed 10.5.6 drivers,

{ìATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 ì,M76, 9581}

{ìATI Mobility Radeon HD 2600 XT ì,M76, 9583}

{ìATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT ì,M74, 94C8}

{ìATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 ì,M72, 94C9}

are all listed as supported IDs by default in the files, so if you have those particular cards, it is likely your card will work with these files, yes. ... BUT I've read these give some sort of an "internal screen" issue, probably the same {censored} we keep getting with 3400/3600 mobility series, so its likely that it will never work, as the community sucks at assembling drivers - and relies heavily on what apple hands us. I'm sorry, but thats just the way things are.

Fuji, I will be trying the natit soon. I tried the files alone and then the EFI string by H4ckster with these files and still no luck did not brick the system yet however did not make a difference either. I talked with last Exile and he now has a laptop with a 3450 mobility card so hopefully he can help out also. I will report back after I try the natit.

Okay I erased the efi string and tried the last natit you gave me and I am not bricked but no change only what the natit tells me is there..

Fuji, I will be trying the natit soon. I tried the files alone and then the EFI string by H4ckster with these files and still no luck did not brick the system yet however did not make a difference either. I talked with last Exile and he now has a laptop with a 3450 mobility card so hopefully he can help out also. I will report back after I try the natit.

Okay I erased the efi string and tried the last natit you gave me and I am not bricked but no change only what the natit tells me is there..

Thank you for testing, I thought that might happen.  These are 10.5.6 files, so if you look at verbose, it'll more than likely be giving you version conflicts and not loading the kexts since you are still on 10.5.5 (presumably).  If you want to make use of these files for testing, I guess you'll have to update to 10.5.6 first.  If you are interested in that, check out the instructions for setup etc at :

http://netkas.org/?p=78

• 4 months later...

I am curious aswell if there have been any improvements on the 34xx mobility drivers.

I have a Dell Studio 1537, with an ATi Mobility 3450 (256MB).

I've got iDeneb 1.4 (v10.5.6), i would like to help testing.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
No work. HP EliteBook 6930p

I tried. But it didn't work.

CPU: Intel Dual Core2Duo 2.4Hz

Memory: 2GB

Graphic card: ATI mobile radeon 3450 (Device ID: 95c4)

Yes ,me too.

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450:

芯片组型号: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450

类型: 显示器

总线: PCIe

PCIe Lane 宽度: x16

VRAM(总和): 256 MB

厂商: ATI (0x1002)

设备 ID: 0x95c4

修正版 ID: 0x0000

ROM 修正版: 113-B1480A-236

EFI 驱动程序版本: 01.00.236