10.5.6 update P5K-E wifi/ap Vanilla + chameleon

lancelotu

23 posts in this topic

Hello everyone I updated my system from 10.5.5 Vanilla and still checking what's working and what's not ...

For now I see I don't have airport card anymore (I use a wgt311t , Atheros5424 chip ) and it seems that time machine is not working again (Time Machine could not be configured. The built-in network interface could not be found.) even if the ethernet is up and running....also I havo no sound anymore :blowup:) and hard disk icons are yellow again I still have to check sleep and shutdown .

Anyone else updated p5k (p35) to 10.5.6 yet ?

I've got a Gigabyte GA-945GCMX-S2 board, but had issues similar to yours after the 10.5.6 update.

I'm going to write this up for others to reference off.

I was running PCEFI v8 but used the PCWhiz Universal OSx86 Installer to update to Chameleon v12 and applied the DSDT fix using the DSDT gui tool supplied by PCWhiz. I also installed the OSX86_Essentials using the same tool to get the kext disabler (which disables the appleintelcpu...kext problem). I then used Apple Software Update and installed the 10.5.6 update, the machine restarted twice and everything is good.

I used the PCWhiz Universal OSx86 Installer to fix the Time Machine issue after update. I also just reinstalled my ALC888 kext using the installer to get sound back. Last thing is hardware profiler is not showing information so I've just got to get the sorted, not bad really.

Overall the system is stable and everything works. I have not tested sleep thoroughly, I see some people are reporting issues with some USB ports not switching back on after sleep. I think it's USB 2.0 ports which are powered by a different kext that are affected.

So.. Fixed the ahci controller(yellow hd icons ) with AHCIFix2 and sound with TarugaADI1988b_REV4 installer

Still to fix Time Machine , Airport (freeze the system when turn on) , sleep (does not go into sleep mode)

and I see other people have the hardware info problem in System Profiler

Hello everyone I updated my system from 10.5.5 Vanilla and still checking what's working and what's not ...

For now I see I don't have airport card anymore (I use a wgt311t , Atheros5424 chip ) and it seems that time machine is not working again (Time Machine could not be configured. The built-in network interface could not be found.) even if the ethernet is up and running....also I havo no sound anymore :)) and hard disk icons are yellow again I still have to check sleep and shutdown .

goto your backup drive root

$ ls -al

you will see file with interface mac address without dash or colon.

>> .ABCDEF123456 << mac address of interface.

make sure interface with that mac address is up.

***incase you don't have that interface, following cmd will change mac address setting on backup

$ sudo fsaclctl -p /Volumes/Time Machine -d

$ sudo mv .00f9e8d7c6b56 .001a2b3c4f56 ( old mac address to new mac address )

$ sudo xattr -w com.apple.backupd.BackupMachineAddress 00:1a:2b:3c:4f:56 Backups.backupdb/MyOSX [replace MyOSX with your machine name]

$ sudo fsaclctl -p /Volumes/Time Machine -e

goto your backup drive root

$ ls -al

you will see file with interface mac address without dash or colon.

>> .ABCDEF123456 << mac address of interface.

make sure interface with that mac address is up.

***incase you don't have that interface, following cmd will change mac address setting on backup

$ sudo fsaclctl -p /Volumes/Time Machine -d

$ sudo mv .00f9e8d7c6b56 .001a2b3c4f56 ( old mac address to new mac address )

$ sudo xattr -w com.apple.backupd.BackupMachineAddress 00:1a:2b:3c:4f:56 Backups.backupdb/MyOSX [replace MyOSX with your machine name]

$ sudo fsaclctl -p /Volumes/Time Machine -e

I do have that file and that mac address is the only one up..... but anyway I decided to go for a clean install ... If with the new TM won't work I will try the second part of your tip .Thanks anyway , I'll let you know

I had good luck with mine. Used the Mysticus C combo update utility, got 2 reboots and hit the black screen with 2 cursors - booted from my USB install and removed all NV and GeForce files in \System\Library\Extensions. Booted with the stock Leopard drivers and installed the Leopard Graphics update and NVDarwin. Time Machine worked - for some reason my sound was set to headphones instead of normal output.

Only thing I'm having issues with is shutdown / reboot / sleep

So.. Fixed the ahci controller(yellow hd icons ) with AHCIFix2 and sound with TarugaADI1988b_REV4 installer

Still to fix Time Machine , Airport (freeze the system when turn on) , sleep (does not go into sleep mode)

Can you shutdown without kernel panic with the taruga rev4 installer?

For now I see I don't have airport card anymore (I use a wgt311t , Atheros5424 chip ) and it seems that time machine is not working again (Time Machine could not be configured. The built-in network interface could not be found.) even if the ethernet is up and running....also I havo no sound anymore :) ) and hard disk icons are yellow again I still have to check sleep and shutdown .

I had similar problem (different mobo) resolved by removing dsdt.aml and compiling new without -newHpet,

in my case Dsdt compiled with hpet support (-newHPET) broke PCI support on 10.5.6 so Atheros.kext was loaded but card was not detected by system.

Without HPET support i got sleep issues, suspend to ram does not working anymore (only sleepimage)

Can you shutdown without kernel panic with the taruga rev4 installer?

Yes never had any problems with that ...

I did a new install .. Solved the Time Machine issue I am now using Chameleon_DFE_ for_hd with only 2 kext : AppleDecrypt and Disabler .Installed from 10.5 retail ,updated to 10.5.5 and then 10.5.6 (with installers from apple site)

Not working :

Airport (WG311T Adapter Atheros based chip)

Sleep (display and hard disks goes into sleep mode but fan keep spinning and led remain still)

System Profiler Hardware info voice

Processor info: wrong Value in About this Mac 3,8 Ghz Unknown (Should Be Intel Q6600 @24,4 Ghz)

lancelotu did u try to compile dsdt with the -newHPET thing ? maybe it fixes sleep ? Please try and reportback

No I didn't I am downloading the DSDT Patcher right now

Ok done . Nothing changed I checked the New Hpet Option only (and the Apply DSDT Patch on my / of course) and in the end there were no errors ....

The system won't sleep (the display enters in power safe mode and hd also stop spinning but fans keep spinning and power led remains still)

So I guess DSDT it's useless for my system . Anyway I thought DSDT should be used on 10.5.5 so you can use software update to update your system ...

I had good luck with mine. Used the Mysticus C combo update utility, got 2 reboots and hit the black screen with 2 cursors - booted from my USB install and removed all NV and GeForce files in \System\Library\Extensions. Booted with the stock Leopard drivers and installed the Leopard Graphics update and NVDarwin. Time Machine worked - for some reason my sound was set to headphones instead of normal output.

Only thing I'm having issues with is shutdown / reboot / sleep

I was wondering what do you have in Bios in the POWER Section PowerState = S3 Only | S1 Pos | or Auto

And then resume video in enabled or disabled

Does change something if you change them ?

The only time I got sleep working was on 10.5.5 with Powerstate = AUTO and resume video Disabled (It was sleeping also in other states but I got no video after wake up from sleepand had to restart)

Did you had sleep working with 10.5.5 ?

I get my sleep working with EHCISleepEnabler thanks to cyclonefr for the idea and Superhai for the kext

Read here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=141584

remember to read the readme at superhai's site as you need to add something to the Info.plist of IOUSBFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBEHCI.kext/Contents/ before it will work.

anyone got their shutdown and reboot working? OpenHaltRestart.kext doesn't really work for me

p5k premium boot132 method+dsdt+cpupowermanagement loaded due update

after update lost sound,sleep and hd icons become orange again, but i fixed

i thought about network also but it was ok,no need to modify

i don;t see any other issue, perfomance is the same..

ahhh and the new smbios give blank system profile+wrong cpu frequency (+600mhz)

so i installed the old one again and everything is correct

i have another distro from kalyway in another disk but i didn't want to risk an update

maybe later

Do you happen to have a link to the AHCIFix2 thinger?

• 8 months later...