Cant Download iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3 nForce Patch

Ian M

7 posts in this topic

The iDeneb website is down and I am looking for the iDeneb nForce patch v1.3 for 10.5.5. Does anyone know of a mirror for the patch? The reason i'm installing the patch is when I go through the diagnostics for the booting, I get a message that says "Still Waiting for Root Device" Anyone know of a mirror for the patch or any other ideas to help install OSX?

I'm in the same boat as a first-time installer. My iso arrived today and I was excited about getting it running -- only to find I need the patch but can't download it. :P

Awesome community, though. I'm grateful for the work you're all doing.

This is wierd

I ran the DVD from boot, it loaded darwin and then it showed the Apple logo, then it restarted itself.

Does this mean I need the patch?

I do use an nForce Chipset and the DVD version is iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3

I ran into some luck with Google, hopefully this will help you, Ian.

http://64.233.169.132/search?q=cache:mY7Xj...;cd=1&gl=us

There's the Google Cache of the how-to page.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ce22f28...2db6fb9a8902bda

And there's the patch itself. Hope this helps us.

Legend.

This is wierd

I ran the DVD from boot, it loaded darwin and then it showed the Apple logo, then it restarted itself.

Does this mean I need the patch?

I do use an nForce Chipset and the DVD version is iDeneb 10.5.5 v1.3

It might, let's hope that's what we both need. This was supposed to be a virtually painless installation. He's also kind of condescending in how he explains using the command prompt. It's not as complicated as he's making it.

Just rename your ideneb.iso and put it in the iDeneb_v1.3_nForce_Patch\Windows folder from the patch. Then run: ApplyPPF3 a iDeneb_v1.3_nForce_Patch.ppf iDeneb.iso from a command prompt and burn the new iso.

Crossing my fingers.