boot hangs at

ACPI: System State [A0 A3 A4 A5] (A3)

-when booting with onboard

or I get a blank screen when booting with the GTX 260

DG35EC

E7500

GTX 260

SATA drives

bios settings are correct (HPET, AHCI, etc)

I am very experienced in the community, I used the DG31PR for a couple years and it was great! Also, I have a guide with over 50,000 views on the acer aspire one that I maintained since January. I can help with everything. just really tired of not being able to boot snow leopard to install. I've found fixes for the GTX 260, however they require that Snow Leopard is installed. any pointers are appreciated... again, I'd like to help out.

-Jordan

boot hangs at

ACPI: System State [A0 A3 A4 A5] (A3)

-when booting with onboard

or I get a blank screen when booting with the GTX 260

DG35EC

E7500

GTX 260

SATA drives

bios settings are correct (HPET, AHCI, etc)

I am very experienced in the community, I used the DG31PR for a couple years and it was great! Also, I have a guide with over 50,000 views on the acer aspire one that I maintained since January. I can help with everything. just really tired of not being able to boot snow leopard to install. I've found fixes for the GTX 260, however they require that Snow Leopard is installed. any pointers are appreciated... again, I'd like to help out.

-Jordan

if all your bios settings are correct try this:

first, in the bios choose LOAD OPTIMAL DEFAULTS. Then you can configure the bios settings again.

Thats exactly what happened to me some time ago, it hanged at the exact point and I did what I just recommended you. :angry2:

no go. i think it has to do with the appleacpi kexts that load from the boot disc. either that or the DSDT isn't compatible with my particular board.

i'm pretty sure i'm not have acpi issues with the GTX 260 card... so i'd like to figure out what causes it to gl blank... i know it's not uncommon, but its supposed to boot snow leopard ok... then go blank... i can't get to the installer.

thx guys :)

no go. i think it has to do with the appleacpi kexts that load from the boot disc. either that or the DSDT isn't compatible with my particular board.

i'm pretty sure i'm not have acpi issues with the GTX 260 card... so i'd like to figure out what causes it to gl blank... i know it's not uncommon, but its supposed to boot snow leopard ok... then go blank... i can't get to the installer.

thx guys :)

we all have the same board in this thread.. the guide is only for dg35ec... thats why im telling you to try that..

Im pretty sure you wont lose anything by doing it. :)

i have an Intel DG35EC.

all the settings in the bios were cleared then set correctly... tried booting with onboard just to install. gets stuck every time even with boot flags. what versions of acpi kexts are you using? they aren't allowing me to boot the installer.

i've written a guide with over 50,000 views. im no stranger to this stuff. i appreciate your help so that i might help too.

-jordan

Hi , Maybe you can help me :

I have the exact configuration as yours :

MotherBoard : DG35EC

GFx : MSI 8400GS

Ps2 KeyBorad

ps2 Mouse

Sata Cdrom (Sata 1)

120Gb WD HDD (Sata 0)

I Have The EXACT Same bios configuration. I Have Downgraded to #107 Bios Setting.

I have unplugged all devices from my computer (Even Tried unpluging the mouse)

i Use Retail Dvd and Your Boot132

But Still Get Acpi Error (Exactly like Corben2005 and pkdill - they said it is graphics problem but i have they exact same graphics like you)

i also tried other methods : iaktos, Ideneb, Ipc,leo4all

but they all say acpi error.

please i'm desperate...

Hi. I hope it helps now.

I had the same problem.

I had all 10.5.x versions installed in my PC so when Snow got out, bought the DVD and installed using the old leopard.

Would not boot at all.

I did EVERYTHING.

(I created a dsdt.aml file using the DSDTPatcher GUI) in Leopard system and copy it to Snow System.

Now, about 3 weeks ago I decided to give another try and the only thing I did different is to put the dsdt.aml file OUTSIDE de Extra folder. I just tried the following:

- Had the dsdt.aml file in the Extra folder and outside the Extra folder (root directory). It boots.

- Delete the outside dsdt.aml.... will get into the famous waiting for device root....

- Copy dsdt.aml to root directory and erased extra directory dsdt.aml.... BOOTS perfect.

Hope it works for you. Im typing on Snow Leopard 10.6.2. Everything works except restart/shutdown probably due to Nvidia card. Anyway, there's that button called RESET and another called OFF ;)

(SOLVED) - DG35EC - Random Kernel Panics

My 10.5.6 iDeneb v1.4 install worked great, except for seemingly random kernel panics. After a frustrating week, it turned out it was the IDE kext not supporting 64 bit mode, so kernel panics would happen randomly, especially when copying large files or running memory tests. Apparently this only happens when the IDE driver is laoded AND you have 4GB or more RAM installed (I have 8GB). The fix is to use AHCI mode in the BIOS instead of IDE mode (the default). After making this change I had to boot from an OSX install CD and re-install chameleon on my SATA drive to be able to boot from the previously installed iDeneb. Hope this helps someone!

Hi, I have the same mobo (DG35EC). Restart and shutdown work with OSXRestart.kext - you just have to wait, for me it takes maybe 10-20 seconds (everything shuts down except power supply and fans, wait 10-20 seconds then power supply and fans shut off as well). Hope this helps!

Hi, I have the same mobo (DG35EC). Restart and shutdown work with OSXRestart.kext - you just have to wait, for me it takes maybe 10-20 seconds (everything shuts down except power supply and fans, wait 10-20 seconds then power supply and fans shut off as well). Hope this helps!

humm ? 64bit ou 32bit ?

• 1 month later...

This is some good stuff. Thanks Slipttees for your help.

I've been struggling getting Snow Leopard up and running on my PC, but I've been using lifehackers article. I get stuck on the part: "sudo fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk2"

Doing some personal research at work and found this forum post. I think it will help me out tons. I've also found an updated lifehacker article that automates some of the steps in the original post.

I'll bookmark this page and let you know how it goes. Here's the specs on my build:

pc.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fala Sliptees, vou escrever em português pq tbm sou do Brasil. Cara, eu coloquei todos os settings da bios como recomendado, mas na hora que uso o disco do SL (que é o do meu MBP) ele pára em "ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)...

Eu já carreguei os Optimal Settings na Bios e fiz tudo de novo... Estou sem idéias... Se vc tiver mais coelho na cartola seria ótimo!

De qualquer forma, obrigado pela ajuda

Sorry guys cos i wrote the post above in portuguese but I will try to explain my doubt here too. I was running iDeneb 1.4 with the update to 10.5.8 flawless for about 6 months then one day it hangs on boot and never became normal again. I decided reinstall the OS and give a try on Snow Leopard, so I did what was explain by Sliptees. I did update my bios to 0118 and put all the settings as recommended but everytime I try to install SL it hangs before installation initiate. The last thing that appears on screen is this: ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3). I am using the Installation disk from my Mac Book Pro but I think it is the same as retail. Any thoughts about it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sliptees,

Finally figured out why Olympus Studio did not work as it should. I just stumbled on this because it never occur to me that I should boot in 32bit mode. It works. Sometimes when you do a GetInfo on an app it will have a place for Rosetta or 32 Bit mode but the program had just Rosetta.

It originally worked on the DG35EC when I had 10.5 but failed in 10.6.

Anyway thanks for your hard work.

Ciao,

Lou Cioccio

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I've tried to install SL. Everything is gonna fine until this step below.

When I command montou_hfs receive an error:

bash-3.2# mount_hfs /dev/diskXs1 /Volumes/EFI

GetMasterBlock: Error 2 opening /dev/rdiskXs1

GetMasterBlock: Error 2 opening /dev/rdiskXs1

mount_hfs: No such file or directory

Wt i doing wrong?

tks.

Mount EFI Partition:

sudo -s
mkdir /Volumes/EFI
mount_hfs /dev/diskXs1 /Volumes/EFI
killall Finder