[How To] Intel DG35EC Guide

slipttees

204 posts in this topic

I have the BIOS settings the same and everything, but I keep getting stuck here when I try to load the installer.

I'm using an 8600GT in the PCIe slot, so I don't see why I'm getting this problem (which is apparently related to video)

HNI_0001.JPG

HNI_0002.JPG

Did anyone noticed some kernel panics (caused by the ethernet card) after updating to 10.5.7?

When i turn on the pc...it gives me the panic...if i restart the pc it works well...only if the pc was off the the panics accour...

• 3 weeks later...
Did anyone noticed some kernel panics (caused by the ethernet card) after updating to 10.5.7?

When i turn on the pc...it gives me the panic...if i restart the pc it works well...only if the pc was off the the panics accour...

if you use chameleon, or other bootloader with smbios replacement support, better to make identify of your machine to be some imac or something else, MacPro4,1 identify may result in kernel panic, or you need to remove AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

font: netkas.org

• 2 weeks later...

First - thanks for the great tutorial. I have the same board with a nvidia 7300gs and an intel e5300.

I can't get the ethernet kext to load at all. After I place the kext, fix permissions and touch the extensions folder I still have no ethernet showing up in system preferences.

I know the ethernet works because it worked in my windows install when I flashed the new bios. I cleared the extension cache but still no go...

Are there any known problems? A link to point me towards?

Sorry I am a newbie at this so thanks for any reply. :)

First - thanks for the great tutorial. I have the same board with a nvidia 7300gs and an intel e5300.

I can't get the ethernet kext to load at all. After I place the kext, fix permissions and touch the extensions folder I still have no ethernet showing up in system preferences.

I know the ethernet works because it worked in my windows install when I flashed the new bios. I cleared the extension cache but still no go...

Are there any known problems? A link to point me towards?

Sorry I am a newbie at this so thanks for any reply. :wacko:

Hate replying to my own question but I solved my problem. Here is a link to the post that worked for me.

Ethernet

Again thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi!!! I tried to boot the boot 132 cd and i have a problem with the following message:

"ISOLINUX 3.63 2008-04-10 ISOLINUX: IMAGE CHECKSUM ERROR, SORRY...

BOOT FAILED: PRESS ANY KEY TO RETRY"

What`s wrong?

Would you mind helping me, please?

Thx!!!

hi!!! I tried to boot the boot 132 cd and i have a problem with the following message:

"ISOLINUX 3.63 2008-04-10 ISOLINUX: IMAGE CHECKSUM ERROR, SORRY...

BOOT FAILED: PRESS ANY KEY TO RETRY"

What`s wrong?

Would you mind helping me, please?

Thx!!!

• 1 month later...

hello

I am test but is not working is boot

cd boot is ok and type -v

is driver DVD is fe but remove boot cd and insert DVD MACOSX enter is back and type -v is back not login

stat Hardisk is 0 and sata DVD is 1

Hello guys, on monday I saw this mobo on such a low price that I just had to get it, now I haven't had any success with the snow leopard method, I noticed that on the bios the motherboard puts the dvd drive (which is a sata drive) as the primary master, so when I boot into chamaleon and then put the SL disk on two things happen.

When I put the dvd drive as the first boot as far as I can see the install tries to copy the files on it and of course it fails and it says its a read only drive and then there's a screen where there's a lot of white noise and then I have to do a hard reboot.

The other way which is that I put the hard drive as the first boot after doing the boot123 and then SL it gives me the waiting for root device error.

As I'm writing this I'm burning the leopard image to try the sliptees method for leopard and to see how it goes

My specs are

Intel DG35EC

C2D 2.4

2 Gigs DDR2 800

Seagate 320 Sata drive

logitech usb mouse and keyboard

lg dvd 22 sata

I do have the hard drive on the 0 sata port and the dvd drive on the sata port 1, hopefully one of you guys will be able to shine some light on to these issues because right now I'm stumped and frankly this is the first osx86 i try so that shouldnt be a surprise

thanks in advance for any input.

sorry forgot to add that I have a radeon 4850, and on my last try I got a little farther on the verbose dialog pre-installation and it started giving me I/O errors and the It couldn't read the media (I think) frankly I don't think it's the dvd drive because I installed both ubuntu and win7 with it today on another hardrive and it was just fine, but probably the SL dvd i'll get a dmg and try to burn it at a slower speed and see how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have mac os 10.5.7 installed.

I have downloaded Snow Leopard DVD from one of torrent. It's size is 7.16 GB. I have created DVD from MAC Disk Utility. Rebooted from cdboot and changed cdboot with SL DVD. Able o start boot on it.

Now at some point i am getting panic and setup does not start.

So what is wrong with me?

My Configuration:

Intel Core2Quad Q6660

Intel DG35EC

4GB DDR2 800

Nvidia 8600GT

HDD 500GB (sata0)

ODD (sata1)

So, similar to your system.

Please help me on this. Is there any problem of using wrong DVD?

If so then let me know from where you have downloaded that DVD. You can send me mail for that link.

Here is my mail address: manishmnp@gmail.com

Regards,

Manish Patel

Bios 0117 ?

HDD bios ON AHCI ?

HPET bios on ?

Hi slipttest,

Thanks for your reply.

HPET was not on. So i enabled that ans again tried to boot from DVD.

Now boot seems ok but my PS/2 mouse and keyboard are not working so not able to install.

Do you have any kext available for that?

Thanks and Regards,

Manish Patel