[How To] Intel DG35EC Guide

slipttees

204 posts in this topic

@slipttees

Nicework pal...

My friend got this mobo, and im gonna try ur awesome tuto...

But ive just one question, How do i have to format the HD...??? its cuz my friend has Winxp and he want to

run a dual boot...

And yes im a n00b...

Thx for ur answers...

PD.- sorry about my english...

Well ive good news to me :)

I made a succesful install on this mobo, but i have 2 last problems...

The first one is that after i install chameleon my hack hangs up after restart...

The second one is that my lan doesnt work, ive tried with

Intel 82566DC kext around but theres no lan to me...

:(

Any idea will be rly appreciate...!!!

Edited by makkko

• 2 months later...

I can't seem to get firewire to work, I've had my system runing mac for a couple of years now, and I've never felt the need to fix my firewire, had a PCI firewire card installed, all worked well.

But now my onboard ethernet got fried and I need the PCI slot to install a new ethernet card. I need working firewire to use my audio console but..., as I said before can't find a Kext for the DG35EC onboard 1394.

For now I'm using a usb ethernet and it works well, but since I'm runin 10.7.3 I can't access iCloud, App Store, etc. My research tells me that I need a internal ethernet card in order for this services to run, PCIe cards are unavailable where I live. So basically I'm left with the only option of getting onboard FW to work.

Can someone please help me find this Kext?? Assitance would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for poor english, not my native language.

GOT IT FIXED!!!! Just had to disable HPET on BIOS :)

Edited by mikemonzon

• 8 months later...

Has anyone gotten OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) to work on this motherboard?

Any chance of getting the guide updated? I've installed MyHack, and it does at least run, but I've got no sound, no ethernet, and the video isn't fully supported (probably due to onboard graphics.. I'll add another graphics card after I get ethernet and audio working (KISS rule - Keep it simple stupid).

Trying to play with .kext files, etc. but I don't have much in the way of experience and the locations seems to have changed.

Thanks!

Mike

• 7 months later...

I don't know if anyone is still watching this thread. I am trying to get my setup to boot without *Boot disc. I already have Snow Leopard installed using bootloader and a beast of a program downloaded from a website whose name i won't mention. I used the Easy***** and System Utilities for install.  When I try to boot using -v PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Off -f I get "can't get kextd" tried using a Legacy *Boot instead of newest version, and got message saying bootloader needed to be updated. I did update bios as per instructions at the beginning of this thread, and made sure my settings were the same.. Is the DG35EC Boot ISO a bootloader customized for this board? I am sure you can see my other steps I have done if you look at my postings in a thread called "OSx Snow Leopard won't boot" on the forum whose name I won't mention here.

Any help is appreciated.