10.5.6 Released!

pauℓzurrr.

809 posts in this topic

I installed retail leopard 10.5.4 with boot-132 and then online updated to 10.5.5.

Finally I install chameleon boot so no more boot-132 CD

Then Should I patch on chameleon before 10.5.6 update ?

I believe you should download the patched Chameleon (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132757). Rename the "chameleon" file to "boot" and use that to replace the "boot" file that's located in the root of your Leopard partition (I believe it's hidden, so you have to view hidden files to see it). Then run the DSDT patcher (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=133683&st=0&start=0) and copy the dsdt.aml file that it creates to your root partition. Then you can upgrade to 10.5.6. At least that's what I did.

Yesssss... 10.5.6 running ;)

And, guess what.. no need for DSDT patch!!!

Running it with DFE, Voodoo and AppleDecrypt.kext (and the same kexts i need for hardware, of course).

Exactly the same config i had.

If there's any doubts i'll post some pics :D

Guys.. use the latest Voodoo kernel and test without DSDT patch "if you can".

I think DSDT patch is causing problems to some people. To me it didn't but,

i was suspecting that, either it wouldn't work for me or i didn't needed it.. the last won :rolleyes:

Verdammed,i really need that acpips2nub,i dunno how to restore my kiddie dragon alias(Hackintosh),I really like to know,is there a way to restore a currupted FileSystem like in Grub mode?why it wouln't be possible to make an CHAmeleon to act like that?

Hey guys do u know if ubuntu got read/write accsess to hfs+,my DVD player is not working so well now after all these month of testing,

under voodoo kernel what's the flag for debug mode?

is it the same like debug=0x100

Updated, with pc_efi9, dsdt patch, and appleintelcpupower... everything ok but the firewire... actually it's a little bit weird, because in system profiler under the FireWire section says: No firewire slots detected. But if I go to System Preferences> Network, there appears the FireWire, among the wireless and ethernet. Sadly I don't have a firewire device to plug in, so hope it's only a misread from system profiler and it actually works.

Sorry for the "brick" ;)

Running iDeneb 10.5.5 - Vanilla

Updated to PC_EFI_v9

Patched DST

Used ~PCWIZ OSx86 Essentials

Downloaded the Combo Update

Installed > Rebooted > System Rebooted again > Logged in

Had to reinstall Audio driver for ALC888 Got that from ~PCWIZ OSx86Tools

From about this mac CPU shows 4ghz, I think I need the SMBIOSResolver to fix, is this right?

Hi. I'm very very new to all this project and today I updated iDeneb 10.5.5 using netkas indications and all went well except: I lost sound (ADI1988 - Asus P5E) and on About this Mac my RAM shows up as 667 instead of 800 MHz. How do I fix this problems? Thanks

I believe you should download the patched Chameleon (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=132757). Rename the "chameleon" file to "boot" and use that to replace the "boot" file that's located in the root of your Leopard partition (I believe it's hidden, so you have to view hidden files to see it). Then run the DSDT patcher (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=133683&st=0&start=0) and copy the dsdt.aml file that it creates to your root partition. Then you can upgrade to 10.5.6. At least that's what I did.

With your method, my leopard update to 10.5.6 successfully ;)

However I found a minor problem. Checking on About this mac -> more info -> Hardware

It shown "There was an error while gathering this information"

Picture1-5.png

I can see some descriptive information before update.

With your method, my leopard update to 10.5.6 successfully :)

However I found a minor problem. Checking on About this mac -> more info -> Hardware

It shown "There was an error while gathering this information"

Picture1-5.png

I can see some descriptive information before update.

I have the same error, wondering if it the new AppleSMBIOS in 10.5.6 :(

I have the same error, wondering if it the new AppleSMBIOS in 10.5.6 :(

I use Chun Nan's AplleSMBIOSEFI.kext for that problem.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=108606

it's recommended by XNU Voodoo guys.

My hardware is all fine as before.. going to check now if something changed with ATI..

I have to thank fassl, netkas & mackerintel for their veery helpful work :(

Update work with iDeneb 1.1 10.5.5, had to delete AppleIntelCPUPWM... and reinstall fixed AppleAHCIPort.kext, IOAHCIFamily.kext and SMBIOS.kext for the right HDD-icons and correct "About my Mac-Info"

Last thing was to patch my HDA to get sound back :D

After all it works like before so i can now look for any changes this Update makes :)

jpg57i9.jpg

jpg-1ya6u.jpg