10.5.6 Released!

pauℓzurrr.

809 posts in this topic

Update successful here (specs below). Fully vanilla + PC EFI v9 + extra folder (appledecrypt, openhaltrestart, disabler).

System rebooted twice and finally back to os x. I did however lose sound and resolutions, but that's no biggie.

I am just installed 10.5.6 update on boot-132 10.5.5 system without any patches.

GA-EP45-DS3L, NVidia GeForce 9800 GTX+.

All things works fine.

Just curious since we have the same mobo/video card setup, does your restart/shutdown work? Did it work before the 10.5.6 update? Thanks.

Yes, it works.

Yes.

Interesting. Are you using any shutdown/restart/sleep fixes? I just tested my system and here's what I found:

USING 10.5.5:

Sleep - worked but system would be a bit buggy after awakening

Restart - worked 100% of the time

Shut down - worked maybe 50% of the time or less

USING 10.5.6:

Sleep - system shuts down

Restart - monitor turns off but system power is still on (sorta like when I used to shut down unsuccessfully)

Shut down - seems to work, but I haven't tested it enough times to know for sure

Update with System Updater worked well on my AMD 64 3200+, only got the crash on "About this Mac" again. But this can be solved with an extra kext, right?

EDIT: Neither a patched AppleSMBIOS.kext nor superhai's SMBIOSResolver.kext help. The "About this Mac" screen is still crashing. Any suggestions?

The update left my 3com3c90x/RLT8111b cards in non-working order on a P35-DS4 rev 2.0.

Repairing permissions didn't help. The driver itself doesn't seem to have been updated.

Edit: removing DSDT.aml rectified things and both cards are working again.

I removed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext before removing DSDT.aml

Good luck!

..still having same issues - seems that overall video performance went down, mouse and windows are hanging time to time ;)

Anyone else experiencing same problems ?

Just installed a EFI string, still having the same problem.

The problem only exist when heavy disk usage, which for me is running my standard applications it seems...

So it must be something with the hdd kexts.

Are you also using ApplNForceATA?

I replaced my /boot file with the patched Chameleon one and then added the dsdt.aml file to my root and then installed the 10.5.6 update. Everything went smoothly, and I rebooted but the system hung on the MacOS splash screen (or maybe I didn't wait long enough). I rebooted manually and it booted fine, though it does seem to take longer to boot my system after the update than it did using 10.5.5.

I had to reinstall my audio kexts (ALC888) but everything else seems to be working fine. I think the update broke my restart, though. Hopefully I can find a fix for that soon.

I installed retail leopard 10.5.4 with boot-132 and then online updated to 10.5.5.

Finally I install chameleon boot so no more boot-132 CD

Then Should I patch on chameleon before 10.5.6 update ?

Success on my rig (see sig for details)

It took me two hours for install because I was an idiot and allowed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext to be installed and loaded. I had to boot into Windows and install MacDrive, then deleted the kext, and now I am good.

Hi to all,after te reboot about a Software Update,my system boot normally in -legacy mode but keyboard and mouse are frozen can't write anything even in single user boot mode,i see that

kmod_control/start failed for com.orByte.driver .PCGenUSBEHCI

maybe need to restore voodoo kernel?

ASUS P5W DH DELUXE, BOOT-132 USB, nvkush

Hi, all,

I did not use DSDT Patcher.

Software Update from 10.5.5 to 10.5.6 success,

1. Applying Software Update,

2. Recover File Permission in Disk Utility

3. Reboot

4. 1st, failed, error message "Kill All Processor, HALTED"

5. 2nd try to boot, sucess.

Problem, USB Mouse + Sound + PS/2 Keyboard is not working. Others working well.

I have to use Logitech Wireless Mouse.

BOOT-132 using USB Memory stick, ASUS P5W DH DELUXE Mobo + NVKush