10.5.6 Released!

pauℓzurrr.

809 posts in this topic

Thanks Uuid !

But if I follow the both tutorials, it says to patch DSDT.aml

But dsdt patcher doesn't work at mines !

It says to force creating the file, do "-f"

How can I do that ?

Thx

1 Open terminal

2 drag DSDT Patcher app into terminal

3 add one space and -f after the text that just pasted itself

4 press enter and cross fingers

Hi!

I was on pc_efi v8 and vanilla kernel, vanilla kexts (plus natit and dsmos) since few months ago and without any problems.

Now, using the Universal OSx86 Installer by pcwiz, i've installed pc_efi v9 chameleon, and moved my patched DSDT file to the root directory.

I rebooted and everything seems to work fine so, may I update to .5.6?

Thank you!

You should check you have the appleintelcpumanagement.kext from 10.5.5 along with some disabler. If you deleted it, your install will hang (so says netkas).

another boo boo spotted..it's reporting my E6750 CPU as 3.8GHz core 2 duo...am i frying my chip here?

Sounds like a completely harmless AppleSMBIOS glitch to me? Seriously, do you think your system would even boot with 3.8 GHZ? No. So the speed is just displayed incorrectly.

Hey guys.

So I'm by no means an expert at all the behind the scenes hackintosh stuff (ie PC-EFI stuff). I installed OSX via the Kalyway 10.5.1 disk and have updated through 10.5.2, 10.5.3, 10.5.4, and 10.5.5 with just the same method that Netkas had where to download the combo updater and to run the script to remove appleintelcpu kext as it installs and have had no problem whatsoever. So from what I take reading this thread, that way won't work anymore? Am I correct in saying that? What has changed in 10.5.6 that I can't do the method i have been doing and I now need to update my PC-EFI? Any info would be great. Thanks guys!

Eric

Your supposed to need a fixed DSDT then have an installed Chameleon boot loader with the attached boot file copied to the / partition along with the DSDT.aml you created.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=133683&hl=

boot.zip

You should check you have the appleintelcpumanagement.kext from 10.5.5 along with some disabler. If you deleted it, your install will hang (so says netkas).

Yes, I deleted it during the .5.5 update as requested by netkas. So I'm going to get the .5.5 kext from the previous update, put it into Extensions folder and update to .5.6 using software update.

P.S: I only use Natit, dsmos, alcinject. No need to do anything else with these kexts, right? I mean, the update doesn't even touch them.

Thank you uuid, much appreciated.

Yes, I deleted it during the .5.5 update as requested by netkas. So I'm going to get the .5.5 kext from the previous update, put it into Extensions folder and update to .5.6 using software update.

P.S: I only use Natit, dsmos, alcinject. No need to do anything else with these kexts, right? I mean, the update doesn't even touch them.

Thank you uuid, much appreciated.

If you install appleintelcpu stuff, you need an enabler for that. I use IntelCPUPowerManagementDisabler.kext

-u

I'm on a retail boot-132 10.5.4 install.....

Can I go straight to 10.5.6 from the software updater?

Also do i need to patch the DSDT file?? cuz i see some of you retail installers are claiming no need to patch??????

My specs R in the Sig......

HELP

after installing the combo update, the installer hangs. using debug mode it appears that intelcpupowermanagement.kext is FINE

BUT

there is an error loading PCGenUSBEHCI.kext which is causing it to freeze

was another kext added during install that is conflicting?

i need help as to how to remove the bad kext using the terminal on my osx install dvd (kalyway)

PLEASE HELP

Ran the update from iDeneb 10.5.5 install, no real issues. Missing info on the System Profiler "System" pane, but other than that all is well. Only thing I did was download the update from the site and ran the Terminal sleep command while installing. Any advice to get the System info back?

Your supposed to need a fixed DSDT then have an installed Chameleon boot loader with the attached boot file copied to the / partition along with the DSDT.aml you created.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=133683&hl=

MacUser2525, thanks a lot. That thread had some of the info that I was looking for. Looks like I will need to attempt this update. Thanks

Eric

Succes on compaq 6720s vanilla install with efi boot (+dsdt). Only had to update the PS2nub to the latest version to get keyboard/touchpad back, and mod my devid to the X3100 drivers. Other than that everything's working fine :D

Succes on compaq 6720s vanilla install with efi boot (+dsdt). Only had to update the PS2nub to the latest version to get keyboard/touchpad back, and mod my devid to the X3100 drivers. Other than that everything's working fine :D

where can i download latest version of PS2nub?